Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jabe

Hypothetically ...

Happy Anniversary Achilles!

Thanks again to the taper, the digitizer, Nutrocker, and Conneyfogle.

And thanks again to John, Paul, George, and Ringo!

Thanks Jabe!!! and i must agree with others here when they said the quality (given the whole story) is great for a 8track.

This recording (and the story behind it) was a big thrill for me to discover when I first joined here. It's still awesome. Thanks to everybody involved for making it available and sounding so good.

I appreciate the kind words, fgbarone and mielazul. The whole process was a blast, and I should go into more detail someday.

I failed to include props again to SteveAJones.

He gave me words of wisdom regarding this endeavor.

As well as telling me approximate gallons of fuel the limos used from the Birmingham Airport to the coloseum, how many traffic lights were encountered en route, etc.

(just kidding Jones, you know you're ok in my book, so don't put me on permanent ignore)

I've just reuploaded this here and there, since Jabe and I have been talking about it lately...

Ive been meaning to chime in on this thread for awhile, amazing journey of the tape. I listen to this achilles here and there and its so cool how you got the bass drum isolated and the separation goin on, considering the tape was muffled. Would be good if the person who taped the show could hear it and tell us rest of story about the recording.

^ The taper was a 16-17 year old high school kid.

I wish he'd tell us the story too, seeing that I have his original cassettes from May 18.

I'd like to get the tapes back in his hands.

I have resurrected this recording and done a bit more work on it now. Man, it was hissy! 😆 Little bit of noise reduction and re-equalization in Sound Forge 13 (love that program!) helped there.