Led Zeppelin Official Bootlegs - could this work

I think that all we have to possibly to look froward to is a hand full of soundboards and some studio outtakes/sketches/multitracks/whatever. The most I could hope for is just upgrades and definitive versions of what we already have, which I'd gladly spend my money on.

Come on Jimmy, all we want to do is give you our money...

We have outtakes from I, multitracks from II, outtakes and a vocal multitrack from III, a few rehearsals, alternate mixes, and songs from IV, A few demos and rehearsals from HOTH (what alternate mix?), Lots of demos, rehearsals, and alternate mixes from PG, We have barely minute long rehearsal samples from Presence, and a few demos, drum multitracks, and alternate mixes from ITTOD.

Also inbetween these lines there are the recordings of Jennings Farm Blues.

Overall, I'd argue we have a pittance of what we possibly could, especially from LZ and LZII - and for PG, the majority of the demos are for two songs: "Swan Song" and "Ten Years Gone." The rehearsals aren't very long, and most of the alternate mixes are (again) down to two songs: "Night Flight" and "Boogie with Stu."

The alternate mix from HOTH, btw, is "The Song Remains the Same."

Overall, I'd argue we have a pittance of what we possibly could, especially from LZ and LZII - and for PG, the majority of the demos are for two songs: "Swan Song" and "Ten Years Gone." The rehearsals aren't very long, and most of the alternate mixes are (again) down to two songs: "Night Flight" and "Boogie with Stu."

The alternate mix from HOTH, btw, is "The Song Remains the Same."

Not the discs I have.

There are many versions of most of the songs off PG.

Also Presence and ITTOD outtakes discs too.

Just because you can't find something doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Not the discs I have.

There are many versions of most of the songs off PG.

Also Presence and ITTOD outtakes discs too.

Just because you can't find something doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Lmfao. If it exists, I have it - or nearly so.

If you want me to be exhaustive, I will...we don't have "many versions of most of the songs" - we have, at most, one or two mixes (for the most part, "Night Flight" and "Boogie with Stu" notwithstanding) and some rehearsals. Literally, we have: An alternate mix of "Custard Pie"; an (earlier?) demo/rehearsal of "The Rover"; demo/rehearsal of "In My Time"; nothing for "Houses"; a rehearsal tape and two alternate mixes of "Trampled"; the rhythm track for "Kashmir"; demos, rehearsal and alternate mix/version of "In the Light"; nada for "Bron-Yr-Aur" nor "Down by the Seaside"; earlier demos for "Ten Years Gone," a mixtape; a few alternate mixes of "The Wanton Song"; nada for "Black Country Woman"; and a demo/rehearsal for "Sick Again."

Now that might seem like a lot, but I'm not understanding what's hard to catch onto here: Most of the tracks we have are minimally alternate from the released tracks; we are missing, almost entirely except in a few cases - the two takes of "Babe" and one of "You Shook Me" from LZ, "Jennings" from III, and "No Quarter" from HOTH - actual alternate takes of the songs.

Meh...whatever. If you guys don't want to agree, fine: Then that means they have little in the studio to offer, and little live, too.

No Quarter has many rehearsal tapes with the band figuring out the parts during the IV sessions.

"Many rehearsal tapes"? I've only ever heard the brief one, so, unless you mean the actual mixtape that we seem to have (which would date to the HOTH sessions in 1972)...that'd be new to me. Besides, I've already mentioned "No Quarter" as something of an exception...

EDIT: I'm derailing this thread a bit too much with all of this...sorry.

Lmfao. If it exists, I have it - or nearly so.

Obviously you don't have everything (you haven't mentioned the many Bonham drum outtakes) and it seems that no matter what it will never be enough.

Most of us are thankful for what we do have and appreciate it.

Unfortunately there are those on here who'll never grasp that concept and bitch about what they don't have rather than being satisfied with what they do.

Would you prefer the alternative of not having anything at all?

Obviously you don't have everything (you haven't mentioned the many Bonham drum outtakes) and it seems that no matter what it will never be enough.

Most of us are thankful for what we do have and appreciate it.

Unfortunately there are those on here who'll never grasp that concept and bitch about what they don't have rather than being satisfied with what they do.

Would you prefer the alternative of not having anything at all?

Okay...someone needs a chill pill, and to stop the hatin'.

I didn't mention the drum tracks - like I was similarly mum about the multi-tracks, at least for the most part - because I'm starting to think they were leaked to the community by the same means as the multis: Stolen by someone long after the '80s theft, and likely tied directly to the source in some capacity...

Also: What the ???? I'm postulating about what I think might exist, not "bitch[ing] about what [we] don't have" - trust me, if there's anyone happy with what we do have, in the condition(s) that we have them, it's me. Albeit with a tinge of sadness, at the prospect (possible, likely?) that we may never hear these tracks in the quality that they could have because they've been stolen. Obviously I wouldn't prefer to have nothing at all - that is, consistently, one of the stupidest types of comment on the internet that I've ever read, and obviously not my intention at all...

...What I was intending with all of this talk was that we should be more hopeful/considering of the fact that, in the event that the group/the label eventually releases more Zeppelin, we might get access to some cool studio stuff that we, in fact, don't have - unless you're trying to be mysterious and lord things I don't have (which I probably do, but whatever) over me.

Okay...someone needs a chill pill, and to stop the hatin'.

I didn't mention the drum tracks - like I was similarly mum about the multi-tracks, at least for the most part - because I'm starting to think they were leaked to the community by the same means as the multis: Stolen by someone long after the '80s theft, and likely tied directly to the source in some capacity...

Also: What the ???? I'm postulating about what I think might exist, not "bitch[ing] about what [we] don't have" - trust me, if there's anyone happy with what we do have, in the condition(s) that we have them, it's me. Albeit with a tinge of sadness, at the prospect (possible, likely?) that we may never hear these tracks in the quality that they could have because they've been stolen. Obviously I wouldn't prefer to have nothing at all - that is, consistently, one of the stupidest types of comment on the internet that I've ever read, and obviously not my intention at all...

...What I was intending with all of this talk was that we should be more hopeful/considering of the fact that, in the event that the group/the label eventually releases more Zeppelin, we might get access to some cool studio stuff that we, in fact, don't have - unless you're trying to be mysterious and lord things I don't have (which I probably do, but whatever) over me.

Get over yourself.

Keep in mind that Jimmy was his perfectionist self when he edited TSRTS. No matter what concert he releases, there will be an overdub, a cut, or an edit.

Around 2 mins in. What do you make of that? Jimmy doesn't seem to want to have a hand in editing, he doesn't want to know that it happens.

Self praise is no recommendation.

Hmm. Should have guessed you wouldn't get a humourous reference.

Around 2 mins in. What do you make of that? Jimmy doesn't seem to want to have a hand in editing, he doesn't want to know that it happens.

Good catch.

He still comes across as a douche - "go to the gig"...yeah, I'll get right on that, you twat.

I agree, he is kind of a douche. He's filling Jimmy's head with the ideas that these soundboards hold no commercial value, I'm sure there's something. There are people who want to listen to the performance, not some overly perfect, always on key, magical band. I want the real shit.

I agree, he is kind of a douche. He's filling Jimmy's head with the ideas that these soundboards hold no commercial value, I'm sure there's something. There are people who want to listen to the performance, not some overly perfect, always on key, magical band. I want the real shit.

He's clearly an industry man. You'd think the fact that people clamour for it would show we're interested...

Hmm. Should have guessed you wouldn't get a humourous reference.

I would've if you'd provided one.

Stick to pontificating and postulating, you're good at that as pointless as it is.

Looks like TSRTS has the hots for you, not that there is anything wrong with that.

As for Taro's contributions, what else would you expect from a yam?

I would've if you'd provided one.

Stick to pontificating and postulating, you're good at that as pointless as it is.

Looks like TSRTS has the hots for you, not that there is anything wrong with that.

As for Taro's contributions, what else would you expect from a yam?

Shy away from verbosity...and what's up with the continued personal attacks? Leave me alone, if you find my "pontificating" pointless...

Shy away from verbosity...and what's up with the continued personal attacks? Leave me alone, if you find my "pontificating" pointless...

So you can dish it out but can't take it?

Typical.

Archived