Robert Plant reveals new band Sensational Space Shifters at Womad festival

reswati

The rest of the group is also finally revealed:

Performing on stage with Plant will be Grammy-winning vocalist Patty Griffin, West African virtuoso musician Juldeh Camara, guitarists Justin Adams and Bill Fuller, keyboardist John Baggott and drummer Dave Smith.

He will join multiple Grammy-nominated artist Charlie Musselwhite and blues great Bobby Rush, both of whom have headlined the festival several times.

• 3 weeks later...

03/25/12: Robert Plant and Patty Griffin in Clarksdale over the weekend

Press Release from the Sunflower River Blues and Gospel Festival - 3/25/2012 - Panny Mayfield, publicist - pannywriter@yahoo.com

7019182983_a723360ecf.jpg

Traveling to Clarksdale over the weekend following recording sessions in Nashville, superstar Robert Plant introduces Grammy Award-winning vocalist Patty Griffin around town on her first trip to the Mississippi Delta. Headlining the free Sunflower River Blues and Gospel Festival's 25th anniversary Aug. 10-11-12, Plant will be presenting virtuoso musicians Griffin, Justin Adams, Juldeh Camara and an entourage of 10 as the 'Sensational Space Shifters.' Other Sunflower Festival headliners are Charlie Musselwhite and Bobby Rush. Sunflower organizers report a flood of worldwide inquiries over the festival and are anticipating record crowds. Information is being updated on www.sunflowerfest.org.

7019183097_eb9f2a5586.jpg

Concluding a busy weekend in Clarksdale in preparation for their performances at the free Sunflower River Blues Festival's 25th anniversary August 10-11-12, celebrity musicians Robert Plant and Patty Griffin enjoy services and gospel music at Liberty Baptist Church in Lyon.

http://www.sunflower...=news&newsid=89

Does anyone really think this will ever happen ?

I think Jimmy's tank has been empty for a long time.

I honestly can see why fans think this way, they have good reason to IMO. Just by looking at the track record shows that Jimmy has (as far as I know) almost no NEW music out since maybe 2001? And that was just one song. Again I could be wrong about that but I know either way its not much.

On the other hand I tend to take people at their word and Jimmy has stated that he has new stuff in the works. But its taking a loooong time for him to present that stuff. I like the fact that he has a new web site up and that hes put out DW2 & LR. Im just hoping we have some new material sometime in the near future and that his tank really isnt all dried up.

The rest of the group is also finally revealed:

Skin will be with them at Womad.

Performing on stage with Plant will be Grammy-winning vocalist Patty Griffin, West African virtuoso musician Juldeh Camara, guitarists Justin Adams and Bill Fuller, keyboardist John Baggott and drummer Dave Smith.

He will join multiple Grammy-nominated artist Charlie Musselwhite and blues great Bobby Rush, both of whom have headlined the festival several times.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know a website or youtube playlist I can hear a RP and SSS show (as opposed to just a few songs) or will I have to wait for the Sunflower Festival?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Robert has gone out of his way during the last 10 years to work with musicians that are not prepared to argue a point with him - you can have an amazing classic moment like the songs “Shine It All Around” or “Angel Dance” and have them surrounded by mediocrity. He has decided that he doesn’t want to be a musician but rather a sleepy artist so the music suffers in the name of his individual artistry…This isn’t an insult either, but he seems like a bit of an odd chap who marches to the beat of his own mental drum that only he hears.

Robert has gone out of his way during the last 10 years to work with musicians that are not prepared to argue a point with him - you can have an amazing classic moments like the songs “Shine It All Around” or “Angel Dance” and have them surrounded by mediocrity. He has decided that he doesn’t want to be a musician but rather a sleepy artist so the music suffers in the name of his individual artistry…This isn’t an insult either, but he seems like a bit of an odd chap who marches to the beat of his own mental drum that only he hears.

:hysterical: I've never read more utter bollocks in my life in one place...

Archived