Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

zepscoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

The following is sort of along the lines of the disucssion taking place, but in this case, is my story:

When I first started out, I was working for a small provincial energy company. My boss/superior at the time was this exotic looking Yugoslavian woman who was an immigrant who actually pulled me aside one late afternoon in her office on the 2nd floor. She proceeded to tell me I didn’t have what it takes to make it and that I wasn’t particularly good at what I do and that perhaps working in a call centre was something I would be better at.

Now I haven’t seen her in years, but since that time I work for an international firm and have established myself. Last I heard she was trying to make it in real-estate…I still remember exactly what she looks like, and the exact pitch, cadence, tone, and sound of her voice. I have told my wife and son over the years that I hope to meet her again so she can see with her own eyes that I made it, and unfortunately, she didn't...

Edited by Charles J. White

^ I dig where you're coming from....there are a couple of times in my life that I can look back on and use someones words, to prove them wrong. But proving to myself they were wrong is good enough. I cant be bothered with taking the time to track them down. Even if a circumstance arose where I couod "stick it to them",in most cases I wouldn't . The negitave vibes wouldn't be worth it.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Ben Franklin was a great man, his quotes were beyond remarkable. He should be studied more in depth in grade school.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

:thumbsup: