Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

zepscoda

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

"This new world must be a world in which there shall be no exploitation of the weak by the strong, of the good by the evil; where there will be no humiliation of the poor by the violence of the rich; where the products of intellect, science and art will serve society for the betterment and beautification of life, and not the individuals for achieving wealth. "

~ Nikola Tesla

post-841-0-62220200-1411433623_thumb.jpe

• 2 weeks later...

"Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Great quote

This is something we all have taken for granted. ..heard it a thousand times...How enormous these series of words are. ..just incredibly powerful :

" We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

~ Thomas Jefferson

• 1 month later...

If this is remotely true, I will be extremely fortunate.

Hello Dd,

Why do you say this? I take it because your sons are dating girls whose mothers are attractive? Anyway, it's been my experience -- and the experience of numerous friends, relatives and acquaintances -- that the above quoted adage isn't just remotely true -- it's almost completely true -- especially regarding looks, but also regarding personality, style, attitude and class. My advice to any young man who is currently engaged to a "pretty, young, sweet thing" would be to closely scrutinize the young woman's mother -- he will actually be looking at what his fiancé is going to be like in the future -- for better or for worse.

Hello Dd,

Why do you say this? I take it because your sons are dating girls whose mothers are attractive? Anyway, it's been my experience -- and the experience of numerous friends, relatives and acquaintances -- that the above quoted adage isn't just remotely true -- it's almost completely true -- especially regarding looks, but also regarding personality, style, attitude and class. My advice to any young man who is currently engaged to a "pretty, young, sweet thing" would be to closely scrutinize the young woman's mother -- he will actually be looking at what his fiancé is going to be like in the future -- for better or for worse.

Realize that the quote said 'girl or young woman', but I was applying it to myself. If I age as gracefully as my mother (her looks would be awesome, but especially her character), I will be very fortunate indeed.

I also like the quote for girls/women: If you want to know how a man will treat you, closely observe how he treats his mother.

:)

Oh, thanks, I now understand what you meant, Dd. You yourself come across as an extraordinary woman in your posts -- I'm sure your mother was an extraordinary woman as well. I also agree with your last statement: "If you want to know how a man will treat you, closely observe how he treats his mother."

Oh, thanks, I now understand what you meant, Dd. You yourself come across as an extraordinary woman in your posts -- I'm sure your mother was an extraordinary woman as well. I also agree with your last statement: "If you want to know how a man will treat you, closely observe how he treats his mother."

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

Ronald Reagan