Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

zepscoda

“...the papers, which thirty years ago conferred upon me the honor of American citizenship, are always kept in a safe, while my orders, diplomas, degrees, gold medals and other distinctions are packed away in old trunks.”

Nikola Tesla - June 1919

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"You get all these letters in the music papers, saying that Led Zeppelin aren't playing and recording anymore because they are too busy buying country mansions and Rolls Royces...........Im still living in the same house as I was when we first started, so is Robert, Nobody's changed that much. In the beginning, nobody could say a bad word about us, but now it appears that evrybody is looking for a way in which to knock us."

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."

Ray Bradbury

I wonder what Ray thought of the internet? I wish I had gotten to meet him. After all I am related to him distantly. But not terribly distant as my mother's maiden name is Bradbury. Some of them came from Maine. Where I visited with my late grandmother at the age of 10. Many of his relatives are there. I read all of his works before I knew I was related to him.

I found this on thespoof.com............

It has been reported in a very respectable New York Science fiction magazine that Ray Bradbury left the world with one final prophecy before he went to join the big book club in the sky.

He is said to have told the editor of the journal that one day people will become bored with the internet and return to normal life. He said that people will realise they have been held prisoner by their own computer, and rebel by going for trips to the zoo again, and they might even venture out to enjoy the sunshine and the internet will become a graveyard of people's past electric lives.

The Facebook pages will be left where they are, and news updates and music will be left on those sites to become outdated and stuck in time. The editor said that this was impossible. This could never happen. But then he began to explore the internet for such a graveyard and he found it. He logged on to his old Myspace site and saw that he hadn't been there for 3 whole years. The playlist was stuck in 2009, and no comments by any real people had been made since a "happy New Year" wish in 2008.

The only thing left on that site were the weeds of computerized commercial advertising. Automated computer programmes still choking up the pages like Japanese bindweed, churning out automated messages for musicians that no one has heard of since 2006. He said it reminded him of traffic lights in the middle of the night going through their programme with nobody there to see it.

It made the editor wonder if Bradbury had indeed predicted the future. Or if he had just noticed that everything we ever created has a sell by date and will eventually become obsolete.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction". Antoine de St. Exupery, The Little Prince

(Love does not consist of gazing at one another, but rather looking outward together in the same direction)

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch" (unknown)

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" (Einstein?)

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” and “Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” JK Rowling/Dumbledore

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.

- Albert Einstein, The World As I See It