Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

zepscoda

“People think that talking is a sign of thinking. It isn't, for the most part' on the contrary, it's a mechanical dodge of the body to relieve oneself of the strain of thinking, just as exercising the muscles helps the body to become temporarily unconscious of its weight, its pain, its weariness, and the foreknowledge of its doom.”

― Aleister Crowley

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever you may sincerely hope for, ardently desire and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass.

This is the quote my father had printed on a Dymo strip stuck to the dash of his car.

He was a salesman.

My mom and I used to practice memorizing it when we were in the car, which is how I managed to recall it out of nowhere just now 40 years later.

820878_10200174940410565_1300342156_o.jpg

I'll open a hole in space, and that hole will become a path for those that follow! The hopes the fallen, the dreams of those to come, weaving those feelings into a double helix, I'll dig a hole to the future! My drill is the drill that pierces the heavens!

-Simon the Digger

I've posted this one a while back, but its a good one to post again on Saint Valentine's Day :)

“I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.” ― Aleister Crowley, The Book of Lies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...