What's in your Led Zeppelin collection?

DAS

...two copies of the 2001 promo 3CD Warner Chappell set with the unique, Dave Collins mastering. Best-sounding Zep studio material on CD, period.

I've never heard of that - sounds cool!

Since I posted on the first page, I've added:

·Three 1994 remasters (Led Zeppelin III, The Fourth Album, Houses of the Holy)

·The 2003 Japanese remaster of The Song Remains the Same (twice - thought the first copy was faulty, bought a second; apparently they have DRM)

·A few more bootlegs (EVSD's The Lost Mixes Vol. 3, Complete BBC, September VI, and In the Court of King James)

a9s7xs.jpg

I have a couple of gems on top of all the vinyl, cds, bootlegs, books that I have.

What you can see here are two super 8 cine films, the one on the left is I believe to be Canada 1972, and is a 50 foot length silent B&W, shot from the audience, and has the JPJ symbol draped over the keyboard, so you can narrow that down to a certain time, as he didn't do that for long.

The other is official, which I bought in about 1984 ( I think it was out before the VHS version) from new, from a shop in London. My Dad has a sound projector, and he told me at the time that this was for sale, so I bought it, it's 400 feet in length, colour sound, condensed version of the film. It cost me about £25 at the time, and I have NEVER seen another one for sale on ebay or anywhere else.

My Led Zeppelin collection on CD and DVD:

CD:

Studio Albums:

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Led Zeppelin II

3. Led Zeppelin III

4. Led Zeppelin IV

5. Houses of the Holy

6. Physical Graffiti (Double Album)

7. Presence

8. In Through the Out Door

9. Coda

Compilations:

10. Remasters (Double Album)

11. The Best of Led Zeppelin: Volume Two: Latter Days

12. Mothership (Three Disc Deluxe Edition) (Two CD's/One DVD)

Live:

13. The Soundtrack from the Film: The Song Remains the Same (Double Album) (Original CD Version)

14. BBC Sessions (Double Album)

Single:

15. Immigrant Song

DVD:

16. 2003 DVD (Double DVD Set)

17. The Song Remains the Same (2007 Collector's Edition) (Double DVD Set)

18. Mothership DVD

a9s7xs.jpg

I have a couple of gems on top of all the vinyl, cds, bootlegs, books that I have.

What you can see here are two super 8 cine films, the one on the left is I believe to be Canada 1972, and is a 50 foot length silent B&W, shot from the audience, and has the JPJ symbol draped over the keyboard, so you can narrow that down to a certain time, as he didn't do that for long.

The other is official, which I bought in about 1984 ( I think it was out before the VHS version) from new, from a shop in London. My Dad has a sound projector, and he told me at the time that this was for sale, so I bought it, it's 400 feet in length, colour sound, condensed version of the film. It cost me about £25 at the time, and I have NEVER seen another one for sale on ebay or anywhere else.

wow, very cool!

• 4 months later...

All the original vinyl up to Houses of the Holy.

CD versions of all up to Houses of the Holy.

Remasters boxed set.

And the best of all, the SHM-CD Japanese 2008 Definitive Collection with the mini LPs and album art.

Plus 'How the West was Won'.

'Coda' and 'Presence' are new discoveries for me apart from certain tracks obviously. Even 'Houses' is getting better! :-)

CD's- All studio recording (yet to get live CDs)

Records- NONE, I'm working on it!

DVD's- The Song Remains the Same, Live at Knebworth, the "Led Zeppelin DVD", and Led Zeppelin 4 on Review.

Books- Stairway to Heaven (Richard Cole), Hammer of the Gods (Stephen Davis), When Giants Walked the Earth (Mick Walls), An Illustrated History of Led Zeppelin, LZ-75, and an insert from what I think was a box set of records, titled Led Zeppelin with crop circles on the front.

Magazines- Creem 1977 (Led Zeppelin on the Road), Mojo Classic Led Zeppelin (2005), Uncut Led Zeppelin Collectors Edition (2012), Rolling Stones the Return of Led Zeppelin

And then I have three shirts, 2 (generic posters)

Going to splurge on all the singles soon!

Hi,

All the official stuff in various formats (except cassettes/8 tracks), an assortment of bootlegs mainly CD but with a few cassettes and a couple on vinyl plus an assortment of live downloads.

A great pity they don't release some of the better live stuff officially, at budget prices by using the best sources available and maybe cleaning them up a bit. Call me sad but I would pay for officially released versions of some of the stuff I already have.

Andy

I have a gold banner from kebworth one side says Kebworth79 witht the band member names the other says Led Zeppelin with the four symbols.

The material is gold about 4 inches wide and 24 inches long the print is in purple.Can any one tell me about this please

Thanx for th help

Bobbyd

Led Zeppelin is by far my all-time favorite band. Maybe because their music was the soundtrack of my younger days or mostly that I still enjoy hearing the tunes more than ever in my later days. I am a record collector like my father before me. I was born in '61, so I didn't get to see them on tour, though. Poor me, I was deprived of seeing the greatest live rock band, ever. But, one day I looked through my oldest brother' records and saw he had every Zeppelin record up to TSRTS. This took place around '77 and when I started checking out the album artwork is thought to myself, "These are cool". So, I asked him, "I've never listened to any Led Zeppelin, and what album do you think I should hear, first?" He said, " Led Zeppelin II, then IV." I took his advice and I've been hooked ever since. Anyway, I've collected alot of Zepp over the years, here we go:

All of the vinyl records

All of the first-issue CDs

The LZ Box Set

The LZ Box Set 2

The Remasters 2CD + Profiled Set

The Complete Studio Recordings Box Set

BBC Sessions

Early & Latter Days

The Song Remains The Same - Remastered CD & DVDs

The Led Zeppelin DVD

How The West Was Won CD & DVD-Audio Sets

Mothership Deluxe Ed.

The first-issued Japanese Mini-LP Album Cover Set. Including Page & Plant's No Quarter, and BBC Sessions and Early/Latter Day Mini-LPs.

The Japanese SHM Definitive Collection Mini-LP Album Box Set. Including Page & Plant's Walking Into Clarksdale SHM Mini-LP.

And, of course Celebration Day Deluxe Ed. CDs, Blu-ray DVD + Bonus DVD.

No Quarter Unledded CD & DVD, Walking Into Clarksdale.

Jimmy Page's Death Wish II OST & Outrider. Including Jimmy' only solo single, She Just Satisfies b/w Keep Moving CD from Immediate Records and many session works CDs.

All of Robert Plant's CDs including the Nine Lives Set, Sixty Six to Timbuktu and Raising Sand with Alison Krauss.

John Paul Jones' Scream For Help OST, Zooma and The Thunderthief. Including Diamanda Galas & JPJ's, "The Sporting Life", and Heart's, "The Road Home" and Them Crooked Vultures.

Also, many Promos, Radio Shows, Interview, Singles & Bootlegs, too many to mention. Led Zeppelin is one of the only bands that has continued to bring me the same enjoyment than when I first discovered them.

Too many to list...

All of Led Zeppelin's catalog on vinyl, including all six views of In Through The Outdoor.

All of Led Zeppelin's catalog on CD.

Over 300 bootlegs, many of which are off the soundboard.

Every book that has been put out on the band since the mid 80's - bootleg reviews, concert files, etc., etc.

Numerous posters and photos that have been framed.

Numerous magazines that have been put out since the mid 80's.

Here is most of the books & magazines I have collected through the years on my favorite band-Led Zeppelin!

This list I compiled is from a post I replied to on Classic Rockers Network.

Books:

1. Led Zeppelin:The Concert File by Dave Lewis & Simon Pallett

2. Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated Biography-Classic, Rare & Unseen by Gareth Thomas

3. Led Zeppelin (Virgin:Modern Icons) Introduction by Tony Horkins

4. The Illustrated Collector's Guide To LED ZEPPELIN (CD Edition Volume Two) by Robert Goodwin

5. Treasures Of Led Zeppelin-Facsimiles Of Rare Memorabilia by Chris Welch

6. Led Zeppelin Over Europe the photographs of Jean-Pierre Leloir

7. Led Zeppelin -- A Celebration by Dave Lewis

8. Led Zeppelin:The 'Tight But Loose' Files-Celebration II by Dave Lewis-Forward By John Paul Jones

9. Led Zeppelin: A photographic collection by Neal Preston

10. Led Zeppelin: The Story Of A Band And Their Music 1968-1980 by Keith Shadwick

11. Led Zeppelin(Dazed And Confused): The Stories Behind Every Song by Chris Welch

12. Led Zeppelin Revealed by Jason Draper-Introduction by Paul Du Noyer

Magazines:

1. Classic Rock: Led Zeppelin Special Collector's Edition-December 2007; Issue 113

2. Uncut: The Real Jimmy Page by Robert Plant/John Paul Jones/Jeff Beck/Paul Rodgers & Jimmy Page-

January 2009; Take 140

3. Guitar World: World Exclusive! JIMMY PAGE/Led Zeppelin Rising: Special Collector's Edition-January 2008

4. Guitar World: The History Of Hard Rock/Jimmy Page-March 2001

5. Guitar World: 40th Anniversary Celebration of Rock's Greatest Band! LED ZEPPELIN-March 2009

6. MOJO: Bonham 25 Years Gone...LED ZEPPELIN the death of the world's greatest rock band-October 2005

7. Guitar World: 30 Years On...Jimmy Page on Led Zeppelin's Epic Masterpiece:Physical Graffiti-May 2005

8. Guitar World: Jimmy Page on the making of Led Zeppelin's untitled fourth album-January 2002

9. DRUMMER: The World's Greatest Rock Drummer***John Bonham-August 2006; Issue 34

10. MOJO: LED ZEPPELIN...The Mother Of All Comebacks!-December 2007

11. School Of Rock Magazine: LED ZEPPELIN-Fall 2006

12. Classic Rock: LED ZEPPELIN

13. Rolling Stone: LED ZEPPELIN "The Heaviest Band Of All Time"-August 10, 2006; Issue 1006

14. Rolling Stone: *Exclusive* The Return of Led Zeppelin-December 13, 2007; Issue 1041

I have many other books & magazines that I refused to pull out, plus all the latest books and magazines that have been out out.

Too many to list...

All of Led Zeppelin's catalog on vinyl, including all six views of In Through The Outdoor.

All of Led Zeppelin's catalog on CD.

Over 300 bootlegs, many of which are off the soundboard.

Every book that has been put out on the band since the mid 80's - bootleg reviews, concert files, etc., etc.

Numerous posters and photos that have been framed.

Numerous magazines that have been put out since the mid 80's.

Here is most of the books & magazines I have collected through the years on my favorite band-Led Zeppelin!

This list I compiled is from a post I replied to on Classic Rockers Network.

Books:

1. Led Zeppelin:The Concert File by Dave Lewis & Simon Pallett

2. Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated Biography-Classic, Rare & Unseen by Gareth Thomas

3. Led Zeppelin (Virgin:Modern Icons) Introduction by Tony Horkins

4. The Illustrated Collector's Guide To LED ZEPPELIN (CD Edition Volume Two) by Robert Goodwin

5. Treasures Of Led Zeppelin-Facsimiles Of Rare Memorabilia by Chris Welch

6. Led Zeppelin Over Europe the photographs of Jean-Pierre Leloir

7. Led Zeppelin -- A Celebration by Dave Lewis

8. Led Zeppelin:The 'Tight But Loose' Files-Celebration II by Dave Lewis-Forward By John Paul Jones

9. Led Zeppelin: A photographic collection by Neal Preston

10. Led Zeppelin: The Story Of A Band And Their Music 1968-1980 by Keith Shadwick

11. Led Zeppelin(Dazed And Confused): The Stories Behind Every Song by Chris Welch

12. Led Zeppelin Revealed by Jason Draper-Introduction by Paul Du Noyer

Magazines:

1. Classic Rock: Led Zeppelin Special Collector's Edition-December 2007; Issue 113

2. Uncut: The Real Jimmy Page by Robert Plant/John Paul Jones/Jeff Beck/Paul Rodgers & Jimmy Page-

January 2009; Take 140

3. Guitar World: World Exclusive! JIMMY PAGE/Led Zeppelin Rising: Special Collector's Edition-January 2008

4. Guitar World: The History Of Hard Rock/Jimmy Page-March 2001

5. Guitar World: 40th Anniversary Celebration of Rock's Greatest Band! LED ZEPPELIN-March 2009

6. MOJO: Bonham 25 Years Gone...LED ZEPPELIN the death of the world's greatest rock band-October 2005

7. Guitar World: 30 Years On...Jimmy Page on Led Zeppelin's Epic Masterpiece:Physical Graffiti-May 2005

8. Guitar World: Jimmy Page on the making of Led Zeppelin's untitled fourth album-January 2002

9. DRUMMER: The World's Greatest Rock Drummer***John Bonham-August 2006; Issue 34

10. MOJO: LED ZEPPELIN...The Mother Of All Comebacks!-December 2007

11. School Of Rock Magazine: LED ZEPPELIN-Fall 2006

12. Classic Rock: LED ZEPPELIN

13. Rolling Stone: LED ZEPPELIN "The Heaviest Band Of All Time"-August 10, 2006; Issue 1006

14. Rolling Stone: *Exclusive* The Return of Led Zeppelin-December 13, 2007; Issue 1041

I have many other books & magazines that I refused to pull out, plus all the latest books and magazines that have been out out.

No magazines from the 1970s when they were at their height?

CDs:

Led Zeppelin I

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Led Zeppelin IV

Houses of the Holy

Physical Graffiti

Led Zeppelin DVD (2003)

Led Zeppelin Remasters (1993)

Digital:

BBC Sessions

Led Zeppelin: Mothership (2007)

VHS:

The Song Remains the Same

Vinyl:

The Song Remains the Same

Books/Magazines:

Hammer of the Gods

Led Zeppelin Picture Book (Pics mostly from the 1975 and 1977 US Tours)

Archived