Remembering John Belushi (January 24, 1949 - March 5, 1982)

Jahfin

30 years gone, eh? Boy, I guess that makes me old. To tell you the truth, I don't really remember where or what I was doing the moment John Belushi died...certainly not in the way I remember hearing about John Bonham's and John Lennon's death.

In March 1982 I was stationed at Ft. Hood, TX...probably heard it on the tv news broadcasts after coming in from the motor pool or the training range.

I think I was in my car when I heard the news on the radio. I do remember that my first thought was that his brother, Jim, was about to grace our stage at the National Theatre in Pirates of Penzance and I wondered if the show would go on. It did. Jim was totally out of control. But a lot of fun. He came by to visit a few years later and was so very nice, even apoligizing for some of his more outrageous behavior during the show. It was a tough time for him.

I only remember that my brother older than me, who made me see BLUES BROTHERS and ANIMAL HOUSE was very sorry...and me too of course, also because after seeing him over the rocky mountain in CONTINENTAL DIVIDE, I was curious of what could do if he wouldn't die...I have enjoied his movies so much, and appreciated him as comedian, musician...a huge talent who made me feel the strong willing to destroy the guitars of so many poor singers that worth nothing LOL!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F%3Fgl%3DIT%26hl%3Dit&hl=it&gl=IT#/watch?feature=mhee&v=M6aweJbgkL0

Archived