2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Lol....Well that certainly was an entertaining Lions game for a change. Being penalized for throwing a challange flag is one thing, but not reviewing the play because of it is just damn stupid. With only two shots a game, why wouldn't you want to make sure it was challenged ? The purpose of replay is to get the call right on the field. They didn't, and that's an embarrassment to the NFL any way you look at it. The only purpose of that rule is to defend the possible incompetancy of the officials.

Suh's a jerk, and not a very nice person, but Boomer the bitch should just shut his mouth. There is no way the groin kick by Suh was intentional. He was looking at the ground. Half the clips they showed at half-time of Suh didn't even warrant a penalty in the first place. They would have been better off showing some clips of a mentally spent cowering gun-shy Esiason during his last couple years in the league.

It's a stupid rule, that whole challenge flag business & apparently they are going to change it going into the 2013 season, all the good that will do the Lions. Of course, they still had their chances to win the game & missed so I don't know if that one play cost them.

The bigger issue for me is that Houston defense getting absolutely shredded the last two games. If Jake Locker of Tennessee rips them up for 300 or 400 yds passing then I know Houston has big time problems. Maybe the rest before that game will do them some good. Looking ahead, that's a big game coming up on Dec. 10, Houston at New England. That should say a lot about who the top dog in the AFC is.

>It's a stupid rule, that whole challenge flag business & apparently they are going to change it going into the 2013 season, all the good that will do the Lions. Of course, they still had their chances to win the game & missed so I don't know if that one play cost them.<

New rule,true and i am not sure if i agree with it Paul,then again,they don't ask me! :) Still shouldn't the head coach know the friggin' rules? :huh:

>The bigger issue for me is that Houston defense getting absolutely shredded the last two games. If Jake Locker of Tennessee rips them up for 300 or 400 yds passing then I know Houston has big time problems. Maybe the rest before that game will do them some good.<

Yes,big problem late in the season.Still,playing two OT games that close together had to have some effect(?)

>Looking ahead, that's a big game coming up on Dec. 10, Houston at New England<

The Fin's first,.... :D

^^ Yeah, the Dolphins should be a big test for New England. :rolleyes: I expect Brady to pass for about 400 and Tannehill to throw about three interceptions. Even I am not crazy enough to pick Miami in that game. <_<

:lol:

The Dolphins are not the Jets!Your team usually plays us well and are still in the hunt.

I hope it's :freezing: for that game! :D

I could not believe my eyes, what the hell are the Jets coaches, GM, owner doing?

I've got a local sports talk radio show on as I type. Fans are making up names for the play (if you can calll it that) when Sanchez ran into Brandon Moore's rather large backend.

Only bummer (no pun intended) was the Edelman injury.

Rick, I think we're the only two picking the Bucs. The Falcons might get exposed today. And is today a "trap game" situation for the Seahawks, I certainly hope so.

I agree, Miami could steal it. I picked Seattle based on Miami's offensive problems. I only picked Tampa because they are home and the game means far more to them. Atlanta is sitting pretty. Tampa has a very good head coach. Its a tossup still. I stayed away from this game as far as gambling goes. I need the Bills badly

I agree, Miami could steal it. I picked Seattle based on Miami's offensive problems. I only picked Tampa because they are home and the game means far more to them. Atlanta is sitting pretty. Tampa has a very good head coach. Its a tossup still. I stayed away from this game as far as gambling goes. I need the Bills badly

Agreed.

What did I tell you about those Bears with Jay Cutler. A different team for sure. The Dolphins suprisingly hanging tough with Seattle. All of the Seahawks losses have come on the road so it might be possible for the Fins.

DAS' Chiefs hanging tough against Denver. Pittsburgh definitely missing Big Ben.

Archived