2012 NFL Thread

Walter

The Bills mean business. Vince Young is trying out. Could back up Fitz and if Fitz does not live up to potential could replace hiim. I hope that is not the case but on paper the Bills are rock solid now. Get ready for a changing of the guard.

Jets are a bunch of damn fools. They will be screaming for Tebow game one when we go in there and hammer their starter that bum Sanchez. he will be selling Taco's by week three. Tebow chants will riing loud. The Bills will be all over them.

• 2 months later...

Finally....!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Drew-Brees-New-Orleans-Saints-agree-to-deal-071312

Quote from post: During the past six seasons, Brees has not only led the Saints to their only Super Bowl title, but has completed more passes (2,488) for more yards (28,394) and more touchdowns (201) than any other quarterback in the NFL. His 67.8 percent completion rate spanning the past six seasons also tops the league.

Finally....!

http://msn.foxsports...-to-deal-071312

Quote from post: During the past six seasons, Brees has not only led the Saints to their only Super Bowl title, but has completed more passes (2,488) for more yards (28,394) and more touchdowns (201) than any other quarterback in the NFL. His 67.8 percent completion rate spanning the past six seasons also tops the league.

He's a great QB and right up there with the best the league has to offer.. San Diego should be ashamed of themselves for letting him go. Easily one of the dumbest decisions in NFL history

He's a great QB and right up there with the best the league has to offer.. San Diego should be ashamed of themselves for letting him go. Easily one of the dumbest decisions in NFL history

Hind sight is 20/20 on that one. Brees had a shoulder injury and they also had Philip Rivers. Looking at it now it's a no brainer, but a tough call back then.

Who's your team Ally? Seattle?

Hind sight is 20/20 on that one. Brees had a shoulder injury and they also had Philip Rivers. Looking at it now it's a no brainer, but a tough call back then.

I guess you could say that San Diego also let Eli Manning go around that that time, even if they only had him for one day. I was horrified at watching what the Giants projected to be a franchise quarterback those first few years - fluttering throws and couldn't connect with any receiver less than 6' 2" tall. And then he's given a bunch of no-name recievers and look what he's doing...

Sometimes a QB needs the right system to work in to really take off. I think this was Brees. He and Payton are like BB and Brady, brains locked in. Phew NO gave Brees a TON of money, with 40M the first year??!!

^ With further input on your point he was doing pretty bad in SD until they drafted Rivers (I know, Manning, but they traded). They had to choose between the young guy they drafted (traded for) to be the future and the guy who had been letting them down who suddenly started playing good. It worked out for them but Brees is definitely a lot better than Rivers. The big winner in this deal was the other teams in the AFC West who don't have to play him.

Brees was a Pro Bowl qb in 2004, was given the franchise tag and then had another good year with a 90+ rating - until his shoulder was injured in the last game of the season (and his last with the chargers). With the injury and the big contract they were gonna have to give him, it really was the only decision they could make - that made any sense at the time.

More signings today, I heard it was reported the Bears finally locked Forte down. They had been treating him like sh!t, that's for sure! A lot of teams look good this year, on paper at least....

Less than 2 months until the season kicks off!!!

A lot of teams look good this year, on paper at least....

Less than 2 months until the season kicks off!!!

That's the beauty of parity in football, although I don't care for the frequency of how players move from team to team. Afraid Cornelius is quite right about how the Jet's season will unfold - their passing game should be quite anemic, and there's nothing much to look to in the running back situation. Oh that's right, Tebow can do both, and even catch the same pass he throws. FOOLS!

That's the beauty of parity in football, although I don't care for the frequency of how players move from team to team. Afraid Cornelius is quite right about how the Jet's season will unfold - their passing game should be quite anemic, and there's nothing much to look to in the running back situation. Oh that's right, Tebow can do both, and even catch the same pass he throws. FOOLS!

Opening day my Bill's will come in to the Meadowlands with their new defensive line Beware you Jets. Beware. Super Mario and co are going to be ready for that punk Sanchez. By halftme you will hear the chants "Tebow, Tebow" . Our defense is going to be just plain vicious.

Bold and biased prediction; the most improved unit in the NFL will be the Raider D. Freed up from the Al Davis (RIP) style of strict man-to-man with no or little blitzing, the Raider D moves up a bunch of notches this year. They have more talent on D, especially up front, than their recent defensive stats would suggest.

And keep in mind, they've gone 8-8 the last 2 years with defenses near the bottom of the league. If their D is even middle of the pack, look out AFC West. And that includes YOU Peyton!

Opening day my Bill's will come in to the Meadowlands with their new defensive line Beware you Jets. Beware. Super Mario and co are going to be ready for that punk Sanchez. By halftme you will hear the chants "Tebow, Tebow" . Our defense is going to be just plain vicious.

Dareus will plug the middle and take names until Sanch and Timmy have been benched or taken out on the cart.

Then McElroy comes in ( if the Jets didn't unload him for running his mouth) and leads the Jets to a come from behind victory, provided GMac gets the reps in training camp and preseason.

You read it here first.

Dareus will plug the middle and take names until Sanch and Timmy have been benched or taken out on the cart.

Then McElroy comes in ( if the Jets didn't unload him for running his mouth) and leads the Jets to a come from behind victory, provided GMac gets the reps in training camp and preseason.

You read it here first.

We are gonna take the Jets apart.

You can bet on the Jets management wanting to get Tebow involved early, before the chants for a quarterback change begin. Probably more as a Wildcat decoy or part of the blocking scheme. No way he will initially be put in a situation where a turnover is possible.

We are gonna take the Jets apart.

It looks like they are gearing up for a poor offensive season but Ryan's defense will always make it tough. I hope the Bills take the division this year. I do not like the Jets and I hate the patriots like they were in the AFC West.

It looks like they are gearing up for a poor offensive season but Ryan's defense will always make it tough. I hope the Bills take the division this year. I do not like the Jets and I hate the patriots like they were in the AFC West.

I love our chances. Thurman Thomas is picking us to win 11. New England is due to slip and the sting of coming away empty after those good seasons may start to creep into their thoughts? Buffalo is loaded. The only question is the play of the QB. If Fitz just plays decent we can win games.

^ Besides the roster I really like your coach. I really think he has what it takes to succeed. This is a guy who has been around a long time, did a good job the brief time he was a head coach in the past and has experience running both offenses and defenses. I was upset after Horrible Herm Edwards got fired that Chan Gailey didn't replace him.

Archived