2012 NFL Thread

Walter

^^^

Me, too. I thought he would stay in Oregon.

But I'm even more surprised/perturbed by the hiring of those loser retreads Norv Turner and Ken Whisenhunt. Give me a break...no wonder Cleveland sucks; it's because of gutless moves like this.

So much for the minority rule...not one minority hired in the latest round of coaching hires.

Not sure what to make of Chicago's hiring of Trestman...don't know enough about him.

Walter, your Cowboys just made a big mistake with Monte Kiffin. I think the old goat's lost it.

^^^

Me, too. I thought he would stay in Oregon.

But I'm even more surprised/perturbed by the hiring of those loser retreads Norv Turner and Ken Whisenhunt. Give me a break...no wonder Cleveland sucks; it's because of gutless moves like this.

So much for the minority rule...not one minority hired in the latest round of coaching hires.

Not sure what to make of Chicago's hiring of Trestman...don't know enough about him.

Walter, your Cowboys just made a big mistake with Monte Kiffin. I think the old goat's lost it.

Where did Turner wind up? And Whisenhunt?

I agree(d) with you at first, but I'm reading the assistants he is gonna bring in and I think this is actually gonna be a good thing! The Bears DC is rumored to be coming over as the DL coach for starters. Rob Ryan was so overrated, it was ridiculous! Wasn't he supposed to have a job in 5 min? That was what 2 weeks ago? I think switching back to a 4-3 is a good thing also. Lost RB coach Peete to Chicago along with Special Teams coach DeCamillis. Good riddance! :wave:

Still have a long way to go....I'm NOT delusional about my team, unlike others around here! ;)

I agree(d) with you at first, but I'm reading the assistants he is gonna bring in and I think this is actually gonna be a good thing! The Bears DC is rumored to be coming over as the DL coach for starters. Rob Ryan was so overrated, it was ridiculous! Wasn't he supposed to have a job in 5 min? That was what 2 weeks ago? I think switching back to a 4-3 is a good thing also. Lost RB coach Peete to Chicago along with Special Teams coach DeCamillis. Good riddance! :wave:

Still have a long way to go....I'm NOT delusional about my team, unlike others around here! ;)

Now wait just a minute there Walter. Dillusional? When the draft has not even happened yet? When huge free agency moves are on the horizon? I hope you are not insinuating me? I have never said anything about how the Bills will do next year without knowledge of what the hell their next moves will be? I do support the hiring of a promising college coach from Syracuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Bonger, if you read this, wasn't your boy Calvin Johnson at the "football" game last night in Hawaii? He is the best reciever in the game. What a shame he has to play for a jackass of a coach like that lame brain you guys have. And you did not even fire him. When are the Lions going to wake up? I know the answer, when Buffalo does.

PS Hey Cheesehead, if you read this what is that dish you guys sell at the games that is basically spaghetti with chili on top? what is the name of it?

• 3 weeks later...

I feel bad for the late Pete Rozelle. He was a great commissioner and he never seeked the limelight.

I can't say anything ad about Ole Petey but Tagiliabum is another story. I just got finished watching the story on Walter Payton. Tagiliabue not only screwed Baltimore out of a franchise. He di everything in his power to leave out a former players bid for a franchise. That can't even sell tickets in Jakonville or Charlotte. They cover half he stadium in tarps to pretend they sell out. What a joke. How much do you think he took on the sly to keep Baltimore out of the mix?

Now you might see why I can never support the Redskins. Jack Kent Crook did everything in his power to safe guard a market he could never benefit from. Washingtonians think we suffer from envy. It is the other way around. The for skins will never have the fan base that's loyal as blue collar Baltimore Half the residents support the Dallas Cowboys. What the hell is at all about?

• 1 month later...

Rob Gronkowski might need another surgery on his forearm, a procedure that would cause him to miss the start of the season, according to the Boston Herald.

Citing “multiple sources familiar with the situation,” the Herald said Gronkowski is “battling a stubborn infection” in the area where a second metal plate was installed to fix his broken left forearm.

Doctors plan to remove the plate and install a new one, after which Gronkowski needs 10 weeks of recovery. But if the infection persists, they would not be able to install the plate. Gronkowski would need another procedure after the tissue around the injury is clear of infection, delaying his return.That just ruined my freakin day...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22027120/report-gronk-might-need-more-surgery-could-miss-start-of-season

Archived