2012 NFL Thread

Walter

:bagoverhead:

An offseason of hope snuffed out in 60 minutes. Just when I thought it was a new era in Raider Nation...same old Raiders.

Same old penalties, same old inexplicable play-calling, same old lack of focus.

If Ford and Moore don't get back soon, we don't have a chance. And I've never seen such awful long-snapping in my life.

P.S. Rick...no couch chewing for me. While the girls did their homework, me and my brother went to watch the games(Raiders and Angels) at a local pub.

you cannot give up on your team after one damn game. I am not. I know Buffalo will most likely whip KC and bounce back. The Raiders will win games. Its only one.

An offseason of hope snuffed out in 60 minutes. Just when I thought it was a new era in Raider Nation...same old Raiders.

If Ford and Moore don't get back soon, we don't have a chance. And I've never seen such awful long-snapping in my life.

P.S. Rick...no couch chewing for me. While the girls did their homework, me and my brother went to watch the games(Raiders and Angels) at a local pub.

I was there and it sucked. I still can't understand how they did exactly what you'd like to see them do on D; stuff the run and make the Chargers one dimensional, and yet they could not get any heat on Rivers. Even with their big reputation front four and enough blitzing to make Al roll over in his grave. On the other hand they had a chance to win a tight defensive struggle (something I haven't seen them do in years) if only they had two guys on the roster who can long snap rather than one!

Bad stuff:

- Special teams (didn't like it when Allen fired Fassel, still don't like it)

- Pass rush

- Running game

Good stuff:

- Run D (!)

- Palmer

- McClain looks improved

- I like Miles Burris

It also looks like we need to address cornerback position in the near future.

Well then you chewed the bar stool Strider. LOL. Hey, its only one game. I stings. But if they win next week, all is forgiven. In sports you are only as good or bad as your last game

Remember too, you don't need a great record anymore in the NFL!

Last year's SB champs (Giants) had a regular season record of just 9-7, only one game better than 8 and 8.

And three years ago, Seattle was in the playoffs with a 7 and 9 record! Imagine SB champs with a 7-9 record? I'm starting to think the NFL should redo who gets into the playoffs. Maybe select the 8 best teams based on record or something....

Still love the NFL though, even with all its warts and replacement officials...

Remember too, you don't need a great record anymore in the NFL!

Last year's SB champs (Giants) had a regular season record of just 9-7, only one game better than 8 and 8.

And three years ago, Seattle was in the playoffs with a 7 and 9 record! Imagine SB champs with a 7-9 record? I'm starting to think the NFL should redo who gets into the playoffs. Maybe select the 8 best teams based on record or something....

Still love the NFL though, even with all its warts and replacement officials...

Good point. And I understand the replacements let alot of holding go. That is not good. Most people are in panic mode because their team lost or looked bad. I am not. I expectt us to bounce back. Even without Jackson. It gives Spiller a shot to make a name for himself.

Rick, check out my post in the "Random Thoughts" thread from yesterday.

It turns out the youngest guy murdered was the younger brother of Marcell Dareus, but he had a different last name.

I hear ya' Paul. What an effin' bloodbath in the morning games...Carolina dumping the Saints, Arizona, ARIZONA!?!, SHOCKING the Patriots on the road! Oakland sucking as usual on an early East Coast road game.

But that's what I like about the NFL...nobody knows nothing. Not ESPN. Not Vegas. Not even Rick. ;)

What a dismal 0-2 start for the Raiders. A measly 13 pts. against the Fins. Bah! Humbug! It's gonna be a long season. :drunk:

What a dismal 0-2 start for the Raiders. A measly 13 pts. against the Fins. Bah! Humbug! It's gonna be a long season. :drunk:

I feel you pain. The only thing I have to look forward to is the Chiefs beating the Raiders this year. Other than that it's going to be a long disappointing season.

Archived