2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Anyone else think it's a big deal about the end of the Giants and Bucs? Eli takes a knee and the Bucs DL pushes into eli's OL to try and force a fumble or whatever?

I can see both sides of the argument here, but if the game is still close, I agree with the Bucs. Rush the line, maybe force a sloppy handoff and get a recovery.

Coughlin is a damn cry baby

Coughlin is a damn cry baby

Let me ask you a hypothetical, Rick. Say that was your Bills lining up in the Victory formation, which is the universal sign in football that the game is over...the opponent is out of time and time outs and you take a knee and everyone goes home. What if one of your O-line or Fitz gets a knee injury because of some Buccaneer diving at their knees at the end like that?

You'd be screaming bloody murder just like Coughlin. It was bush league. If the Giants had been lined up to run a play, then yes, fight to the end. But the unwritten rule is when the other team is taking a knee, the game is over and you stop hitting.

Let me ask you a hypothetical, Rick. Say that was your Bills lining up in the Victory formation, which is the universal sign in football that the game is over...the opponent is out of time and time outs and you take a knee and everyone goes home. What if one of your O-line or Fitz gets a knee injury because of some Buccaneer diving at their knees at the end like that?

You'd be screaming bloody murder just like Coughlin. It was bush league. If the Giants had been lined up to run a play, then yes, fight to the end. But the unwritten rule is when the other team is taking a knee, the game is over and you stop hitting.

It was not a conventional play. Something you might expect from Belechek. But the Tampa coach was right. We are going to fight to the end. I think some of it was the frustration of letting this game slip away granted. But Coughlin did not chose to shake the guys hand. He chose to piss and moan as usual

Tomorrow I love the Rams to cover if not win outright. I do not understand why so many experts are picking Minnesota to put up a fight vs the 49ers. We shall see. I like the Lions to beat Tennessee even though the experts on Sportsline do not agree. The Lions must learn to win these road games they should win against teams with far less talent. This is a test, I think the Lions will pass it. The Bills should win. The confidence is abundant with the experts. Cleveland has been tough at home like the philly game. Our defense should be able to give their quarterback headaches all day. They had better. I am not on the New England wagon like some are in this game. I like the Ravens.

I just hope I can trust those damn Cowboys to beat the Bucs tomorrow. I'm a little worried about that Bears pick and I don't know which Dolphins team is going to show up against the Jets. Cincinnati is another team that scares me but I'm going with the home team and RG III. After week 1, I was ready to put the Ravens in the Super Bowl, I hope they bring their A game tomorrow night.

Lots of tough games to pick but not any that I particularly want to watch. Lions-Titans? Bills-Browns? Rams-Bears? Jets-Dolphins? YAWN...:zzz:

Looks like I can sleep in tomorrow morning until the Steelers-Raiders game starts at 1pm. Best game of the day is the night game: Baltimore vs. New England, with Houston-Denver second.

I don't fucking believe it. Adam Vinatieri kicks what was the game winning field goal for the Colts and that damn defense lets Blaine Gabbert hit an 80 yard pass for the touchdown.

:mad:

Any defense that allows a QB named BLAINE to beat them deserves a place in the Hall of Shame.

Come ON LIONS! Pull it out in OT! Can't believe KC and NO are in OT, too! Dallas looked mediocre...not sure they're prime-time worthy.

Cannot believe the Saints are gonna blow this game! Guess Sean Payton is more valuable than previously thought.

WTF DID I JUST SEE!?!

Nope, he's down...Chiefs will keep the ball. No Saints TD.

How many guys are out because of Bounty gate? Some have to be to lose to Kansas Shitty.

Archived