2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Watch the play, Rick. It shouldn't be that hard to find as the Seattle fiasco has BLOWN UP everywhere, with replays non-stop.

It was NOT a tie possession...Jennings had the interception and the ball against his chest. Golden Tate, after he committed offensive pass interference by clearly pushing a Packer in the back with both hands, merely had one hand on top of Jennings' hand as they fell to the ground.

Somehow in the scuffle at the bottom of the pile, Tate ended up with the ball. One ref signaled touchdown while the other ref signaled touchback. Both refs, it should be noted, were nowhere near where they should have been to make the call...both of them had to run a long distance before they reached the play location.

The NFL has egg on its face. Roger Goodell's legacy is now tarnished for good. Between the Saints bounty-gate fiasco and now the scab refs debacle, he's moving into Gary Bettman(Three lockouts/work stoppages on HIS watch!) territory for WORST COMMISSIONER IN SPORTS!

I for one will be watching much less NFL until they fix this mess and pay the refs what they deserve.

Yep.That about sums it up.

Roger-Goodell.jpg

Allows a players strike

Allows a referee strike

Allows Patriots, Saints and Steelers to win Superbowls by cheating with little or no repercussions

Tries to change regular season to 18 games

Implements the stupidest OT rules possible

Roger-Goodell.jpg

Allows a players strike

Allows a referee strike

Allows Patriots, Saints and Steelers to win Superbowls by cheating with little or no repercussions

Tries to change regular season to 18 games

Implements the stupidest OT rules possible

All good points. And right now the players and coaches are dealing from the bottom of the deck with these backup officials. Pushing the damn envelope to the extreme to see what they can get away with. To hell with the integrity of the game.

http://edition.cnn.c...pute/index.html The negotiation issues.

I think it's way past time for NFL officials to be designated 'full-time'. If you're making close to $200,000 a year, there isn't a reason to be working another job, especially during the season.

Well in haste they have reached an agreement. Its been announced. Got to CBS sportsline or ESPN

And don't forget the goofy kick-off rules....One of the most exciting moments in sports is turned into an opening touchback.

I didn't even think of that when I posted before. This guy is making football a joke. At this rate we might as well start watching women's tennis.

I didn't even think of that when I posted before. This guy is making football a joke. At this rate we might as well start watching women's tennis.

Yes its a joke for sure the kickoff rule. It has taken a big bite out of the game. Many teams used to depend on the ability to run back a kickoff. I must congratulate your Cheifs on a nice win at New Orleans. The Bills have realeased Mooreman. Long time punter. He could throw the ball too, as the Chiefs should well know. Remember that fake that Wade Phillips pulled on your guys? It almost gave me a heart attack. A fake punt from our own 20 on the fucking road.

The Chiefs had a lot going for them until they fired Haley so Pioli could put his buddy Crennel as head coach. Wins like in NO are because we have Jamaal Charles carrying the offense on his back. Bump Crennel back down to D-Coordinator and cut Cassel and this team may be something.

^ He would've just been on some tower with a telescope and a headset on anyway! :lol:

Ha. We beat the bastards here last year and now we are a better team on paper. We have the best front four on defense in the league on paper and they are starting to play like it. Only problem is Spiller is out and I am hoping Jackson will be back. If we had either I feel we can beat them.

Archived