2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Lets not forget that these regulars can be just as bad. Blowing calls any of us can make from our couch and then going behind the curtain and making us wait longer than Oz made Dorothy and the Tin Man wait.

I was thinking that myself. We will be happy they are back for half a quarter until they start missing calls again then we'll be screaming bring back the replacements.

I was thinking that myself. We will be happy they are back for half a quarter until they start missing calls again then we'll be screaming bring back the replacements.

Officials have too much power in football. If they can review a catch or a fumble they should be able to review a holding call. A holding call can just kill a team. How many times have you seen a great play negated by a supposed hold that was nowhere near the play? Makes you wonder if they were paid off?

Some bad calls don't make me suspicious of anything. When we see a game where there a massive amount of obviously wrong calls all going to help one team then I start thinking paid off. Call to your memory Steelers vs Cardinals in the Superbowl. If someone wasn't paid there sure were a lot of Steelers fans officiating the game. And I do believe the refs should be able to review pretty much anything. And teams should NOT be charged a time out for challenging a call or get only two challenges. They should get strikes for failed challenges and no longer be able to challenge during the game. But even them the booth should ALWAYS DURING ALL TIMES IN THE GAME challenge anything they think wrong.

So, is anyone else worried the Ravens might be hungover a little bit from that big win over the Patriots and susceptible to a Cleveland Browns upset. The way my picks have been going, I wouldn't be suprised if it did happen.

I'd put my money on them being pumped after a big win and running the Browns into the ground. Cleveland could win but the Ravens are clearly a much better team so picking them was a safe bet.

BTY, anyone that has Time Warner Cable in the US, can now tune in the NFL Network, where the Thursday night game will be broadcast.

It's called NFL Total Access on my TW Cable Guide.

The HD Channel is NFLHD

The Digital Channel is NFLNET

---------------------------------------------

However, there is another NFL Network channel, the "NFL Red Zone", and that channel is by subscription only.

Dwayne Bowe on the injury report for the Chargers game. How wonderful. :angry:

DAS I am sorry but I bet the Chargers. But let me tell you something I read back in the 80's that was astounding. I kept track of it over the years and it works. Its mind boggling. Its called the AFC west theory. An AFC west team getting points at home was over 90 percent for over ten years when the story was printed. Back after the days of Jimmy the Greek. This is a pick so it does not apply.

Niners need to rebound and pound the Jets, how you get 2 big wins against 2 big teams then drop one to the vikings is beyond me, oh well, it happens

Patriots need to regroup and beat Buffalo-wasn't so peasant out there last trip, sorry dude-I see that Bills insignia right above me, the Orioles?? was Cal amazing or what?? unbelievable what he was able to do out there for that length of time.

Falcons--yeah, they showed the mighty Phillip rivers how mighty he was, Ryan is definitely in a groove--let's not slow things down, looks like Cam is the real deal and "Superman" is out to prove it and get Carolina back in the winner's circle

Niners need to rebound and pound the Jets, how you get 2 big wins against 2 big teams then drop one to the vikings is beyond me, oh well, it happens

Patriots need to regroup and beat Buffalo-wasn't so peasant out there last trip, sorry dude-I see that Bills insignia right above me, the Orioles?? was Cal amazing or what?? unbelievable what he was able to do out there for that length of time.

Falcons--yeah, they showed the mighty Phillip rivers how mighty he was, Ryan is definitely in a groove--let's not slow things down, looks like Cam is the real deal and "Superman" is out to prove it and get Carolina back in the winner's circle

Yeah dude you see it. And I bleed for both of those teams. New England beware of this. Jackson is ready to go. And Spiller is a possibility. Super Mario is ready to rumble.

Archived