2012 NFL Thread

Walter

I really don't like all of this talk that's going on about expanding the playoffs. One of the things that's great about the NFL (and MLB too) is that half the damn teams in the league don't get into the tournament, unlike the NBA. Why fuck with a great system, remember the old cliche "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Roger Goodell should have better things to do.

+1

Totally agree with you, Paul! This has the classic smell of a misdirection play by Goodell to get the focus OFF Bountygate, the Chief's and Cowboy's recent tragedies, etc.

I really don't like all of this talk that's going on about expanding the playoffs. One of the things that's great about the NFL (and MLB too) is that half the damn teams in the league don't get into the tournament, unlike the NBA. Why fuck with a great system, remember the old cliche "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Roger Goodell should have better things to do.

Tell that to Kobe face to face. ha

:rolleyes:

My point is Mr Caruthers says its so easy to make the NBA playoffs. Tell that to the Lakers right now. A team with a payroll off the charts and more star power perhaps ever assembled on a starting roster and they are on the outside looking in. I do agree football has it right on the playoffs. But their officiating is the worst in pro sports. In part I guess because there are so many plays in this sport that can go either way. The sport itself has flaws that other sports do not have. I think in baseball the grayest area is calling balls and strikes. But in football two rule changes in recent years are absolutely stupid. The kickoff which has now taken the return out of the game and the force out where a defender can hit you to force you out of bounds and not allow you a fair chance of catching the ball in bounds. rules that withstood scrutiny for decades. And they had to fuck with it.

You mean Pittsburghs QB? Why do you say that? I picked Pittsburgh this week?

No in your previous post you said:

I think Pittsburgh probably beats Dallas because we know Dallas is overated and Pittsburgh will have Rothlesburger. I think I hate his name more than any QB of all time.

Maybe you just hate his name!!

Patroits look to duplicate Monday nights game against Houston this Sunday night against the 49ers.It will be a tough game I know.

Patriots are scoring like they did earlier in the season: a lot of points very early in the game, and then they can't score much. (I know, the Houston game was a little different, but if you watch it, and the Jets debacle, it was a lot of points very quickly, then quite a few dead drives). I expect SF will hang tough and not let the Pats put up 21 points in in a few minutes. If it comes down to a low scoring grind-out affair, then SF wins.

Patriots are scoring like they did earlier in the season: a lot of points very early in the game, and then they can't score much. (I know, the Houston game was a little different, but if you watch it, and the Jets debacle, it was a lot of points very quickly, then quite a few dead drives). I expect SF will hang tough and not let the Pats put up 21 points in in a few minutes. If it comes down to a low scoring grind-out affair, then SF wins.

They wont be able to move the ball on SF like they did on Houston. I like the 49ers if this QB comes through. I still do not like the move, replacing Alex. Next stop for him, I hope Buffalo NY

I'm thinking there could be a few other teams vying for Alex Smith's services next season, namely Arizona and Kansas City. Smith might not be the slam dunk for Buffalo you think Rick.

If he can aim past seven yards, I'd consider it a slam dunk at this point.

I'm thinking there could be a few other teams vying for Alex Smith's services next season, namely Arizona and Kansas City. Smith might not be the slam dunk for Buffalo you think Rick.

Is anything ever a slam dunk for Buffalo? fuck no. And the Eagles suck my left one.

Yeah, the turnover bug bit Philly in the ass tonight, not that I'm complaining.

The Eagles. Stink, Stank, Stunk. How did they beat Tampa? Because I bet on Tampa. This week I took Chicago. I just think they will be pumped and Detroit really ate up Green Bays defense until they found a way to beat themselves as usual. I also took the Lions, Ravens and San fran with the points. I bought them up to 7 1/2. And I took the Carolina/San Diego game over 44.

I just checked the TV guide listings. The Giants/Falcons game is going to be on at 1pm. I may just watch that and say to hell with the Jags/Dolphins. In any event, there will be a lot of flipping.

7_17_4-1.gif

I have Sunday ticket so I can get every game. I am interested in the oldest rivalry in football. Green Bay at Chicago. I have my money on Chicago and seem to be the only one that believes they will win this game

380633_10151282262201263_1286604684_n.jpg Its going to be a wild Sunday in the NFL..teams fighting for position and top seeds

I must be the only person on the planet that thinks Chicago will beat Green Bay. I am not a Chicago fan by any means, but I have a strong feeling they will be up for this and the way Detroit ate up Green Bays seconodary, why not? Green Bay has been lucky. I say their luck runs out tomorrow. In the other big games I like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Fran, and Houston to roll Indy. Now the San Fran pick all depends on this new QB. i have not seen him play. Only in replays. I still think they made a mistake you just do not make in the NFL. Replace a winner after an injury. I hope Alex Smith's next stop is in Buffalo NY. I am sick of this shit. Its time for Buffalo to return to prominence. I know next year is the soonest Ralph is old. I hope he lives many more years. But I also hope he has a couple of marbles still rollin around up there to do something right. They did go out and get Mario but they were duped into thinking Fitzpatrick was the answer. My Trent Edwards jersey is for sale. REAL CHEAP. I wish I could remove the name and even put my own name on the fucker. The late great Bill Walsh said he was good and I believe he was before that consussion in ARizona.

Archived