2012 NFL Thread

Walter

What's this about - is T.O. coming out of exile?

No. Unless you know something we don't?

It was just a reference to how the season is almost upon us.

I'm practically giddy with excitement. This is the dawn of a new era in Raiders football. I think the Raiders have a good shot to make the playoffs.

Here are some Super Bowl odds:

Green Bay Packers 11-2

New England Patriots 6-1

San Francisco 49ers 10-1

Philadelphia Eagles 10-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 16-1

New Orleans Saints 16-1

New York Giants 18-1

Dallas Cowboys 20-1

Denver Broncos 20-1

San Diego Chargers 22-1

New York Jets 28-1

Buffalo Bills 50-1

Oakland Raiders 70-1

Did the Raiders get Burress? I think he's more trouble than he's worth. Wonderful to see the Eagles picked as Superbowl winners way above the Giants, again this season - I absolutely eat this stuff up.

Not yet...at least I haven't seen anything confirmed beyond the "they're talking" stage.

I don't get the Eagles hype either...every friggin' year it's the same thing: Ooooh, watch out for the Eagles. Andy Reid is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL.

Rick's gonna blow a gasket when he sees the Jets higher than the Bills.

This is really annoying - waiting for everyone to get their asses up, and on here, already. Cornelius, what about these odds? Isn't your team's borrowed D-line much superior to the Giant's developed one? Show me the money!!!

This story is pathetic:

Garrett Reid, the oldest son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead Sunday morning in his room at the club's training camp at Lehigh University. He was 29.

The 29-year-old Reid struggled with drug abuse for years and was imprisoned for a 2007 high-speed car crash in which another driver was injured. Police found heroin, which Reid admitted to using, and more than 200 pills in his car. When he surrendered to begin serving his sentence in that case, prison guards found Reid had tried to smuggle prescription pills into jail.

Reid was assisting the Eagles' strength coaches at camp in an unofficial capacity, a not-uncommon sort of role for NFL coaches' sons. Many of the coaches and staff stay in the Lehigh dorms.

In the midst of his legal troubles in his early 20s, Reid said he ''got a thrill'' out of being a drug dealer in a lower-income neighborhood just a few miles from his parents' suburban Villanova mansion.

''I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life,'' Reid told a probation officer, according to court testimony in November 2007. ''I could go anywhere in the 'hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer.''

At his sentencing hearing, Reid told the judge: ''I don't want to die doing drugs. I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'd and just faded into oblivion.''

His younger brother, Britt, also had problems with drug use and was arrested on the same day as Garrett in 2007 for a road-rage encounter. Police discovered weapons and drugs in Britt Reid's vehicle.

T.O. is in Seattle. Cornelius, still got that topless picture of her?

Are they considering signing him? I say its a smart move. One I wished we had made. But I guess they have their reasons? Topless pic of who? Maria? Silva!!!!!!!1 Silva!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Ham hocks and guitar strings

Does anybody want to play the picks game this season? We'll pick the winners to all the games the week of and at the end of the year count up the scores.

I'm game. :yesnod:

T.O. is in Seattle. Cornelius, still got that topless picture of her?

Let Seattle have her.

Does anybody want to play the picks game this season? We'll pick the winners to all the games the week of and at the end of the year count up the scores.

Versus the line, not outright winners, correct?

Archived