2012 NFL Thread

Walter

^ I'm assuming outright winners - that's the way my friends do it in some elimination thing. Who's going to keep track of a points system, which changes down to the wire?

If it was the line, I was going to suggest maybe everyone pick 3-4 games of their choice per week.

Outright winners is certainly easier to keep track of, like Bradshaw, Howie, et al, do.

I was thinking just picking every game for the week. So on non-bye weeks 16 games. I'm afraid if we all got to pick a few everyone would just pick the same two teams to win and two to lose every week (because I'd probably do that). I was considering starting a new thread, so the pics are easier to find and nothing gets overlooked, about a week before the season starts for the pics and we'll make a score card at the end of the week and see how everybody did until the end of the season.

Rex Ryan seems like a good coach but it just seems like he's doing everything wrong lately. I can't wait to see how he handles it when his QB fail to impress again this season and the crowds are screaming for an even greater disappointment in Tebow. Tebow seemed like a good pickup coming out of college but he isn't good enough to start imo and he's so popular he creates a QB controversy because the fans will demand he play.

RG III and Shanahan's boys in town tomorrow night against the new look Buffalo Bills. Super Mario plays his first game as a Bill. Expect Fitz to play no more than 15-18 snaps according to Gailey and Vince Young will see plenty of action. Nelson is out. One of our recievers.

Tebow seemed like a good pick coming out of college? It was one of highest scrutinized first-round picks in recent history and was one of the reasons for Josh McDaniels' firing that year.

RG III and Shanahan's boys in town tomorrow night against the new look Buffalo Bills. Super Mario plays his first game as a Bill. Expect Fitz to play no more than 15-18 snaps according to Gailey and Vince Young will see plenty of action. Nelson is out. One of our recievers.

I'm ready, will be there in row 3!

Tebow seemed like a good pick coming out of college? It was one of highest scrutinized first-round picks in recent history and was one of the reasons for Josh McDaniels' firing that year.

Yes he looked like a good project player. Someone with an amazing amount ability who could potentially be molded into a great QB. I know the talking heads at ESPN hated him at the time but I don't care what they think because they are usually wrong (now that he has put up some embarrassingly low stats they worship him :blink:). I think in the right situation he could have done great things but that is doubtful to happen now. I do think the Broncos made the wrong move drafting him at all and any team taking him that high would be making a bad move so the pick itself was bad but the player himself was potentially a good pickup. And being in the same division as the Broncos I follow their activity pretty close and I'm confident that, Tebow or no, McDaniels was out the door soon anyways.

I was thinking just picking every game for the week. So on non-bye weeks 16 games. I'm afraid if we all got to pick a few everyone would just pick the same two teams to win and two to lose every week (because I'd probably do that). I was considering starting a new thread, so the pics are easier to find and nothing gets overlooked, about a week before the season starts for the pics and we'll make a score card at the end of the week and see how everybody did until the end of the season.

Sure, go ahead and do it. I will play

RGIII makes his debut in Buffalo tonight. According to the guide the game is on here. I am hoping no blackout? Not sure if its sold out? Super Mario will be the talk of Buffalo. I am sure both Gailey and Shanahan will be very carefull with their starters. Will be interesting to see how Vince Young looks for the Bills as a backup?

RGIII makes his debut in Buffalo tonight. According to the guide the game is on here. I am hoping no blackout? Not sure if its sold out? Super Mario will be the talk of Buffalo. I am sure both Gailey and Shanahan will be very carefull with their starters. Will be interesting to see how Vince Young looks for the Bills as a backup?

Ugly game going on up in buffalo - with a half-filled stadium. 7-3 'skins, almost halftime.

And blacked out here. Super Mario did not play. Neither did any of the rest of either team. Pre season sucks. Always has. Always will. Marv Levy hated it. Maybe Andy Reid will hate it if Vick's ex ray isnt good

And blacked out here. Super Mario did not play. Neither did any of the rest of either team. Pre season sucks. Always has. Always will. Marv Levy hated it. Maybe Andy Reid will hate it if Vick's ex ray isnt good

I thought he played the first series? I know your first team offense played for a while...badly! Watched it online, with my redskin buddy.

UGLY!

Chad Johnson (aka Ochocinco) arrested, in yet another domestic assault story within the NFL. That stunt he pulled years ago, donning a cape with "Future Hall of Famer" across the back, really made me wish for him to fail miserably. Having a woman's head be part of that collapse was not my intention, however.

Archived