2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Surprising news, I don't know if defense was the Boys problem this year, I thought if any coach needs to be let go, it's the head man but Jerry Jones seems to work in mysterious ways.

There was speculation that Sean Peyton would wind up with the Dallas job? So far no moves out of Dallas. I thought the Bills would have considered Jimmy Haslett for the head job, but since they did not, makes me wonder if he burned his bridges with the Bills?

Surprising news, I don't know if defense was the Boys problem this year, I thought if any coach needs to be let go, it's the head man but Jerry Jones seems to work in mysterious ways.

I think he just became too much of a personality for the Cowboys liking. Maybe he'll get a job with his brother in NY

HOF finalists:

Larry Allen (G/T), Jerome Bettis (RB), Tim Brown (WR), Cris Carter (WR), Curley Culp (DT/G), Edward DeBartolo Jr. (owner), Kevin Greene (LB), Charles Haley (DE), Art Modell (owner), Jonathan Ogden (OT), Bill Parcells (coach), Andre Reed (WR), Dave Robinson (LB), Warren Sapp (DT), Will Shields (G), Michael Strahan (DE), Aeneas Williams (CB)

Thoughts?

The Raiders have a ton of work to do. So what position do you think is top priority? Do you like your QBs? Do you think they should go defense or offense?

It is bad and just keeps getting worse...Rolando Maclain just got arrested the other day. They are bad in every phase and our one decent player, McFadden, can't stay healthy. Our coach is very young, so who knows if he'll pan out or be a bust. Then, even when the Raiders suck, they can't even use their draft pick because it's been traded away.

It's not a good time to be a Raider fan.

Except for when a Raider gets picked for the Hall of Fame. Tim Brown should have made it last year. Flores and Plunkett are more difficult to call.

Peyton re-signed with New Orleans this week, for a 5 year extention. Told ya I had that feelin .......

Fixed it for you...resigned has a completely opposite meaning that would have given most Saints fans a heart attack.

Oh shit...thanks. Yeah, sometimes it's important to use the hyphen. :D My wife would have been one of the first one's to keel over-had he "resigned"

It'll be interesting to see what Payton does in the off-season. He cannot have been too pleased with what he saw this past year. There seems to be some thought that he will come back and clean house. Obviously Drew Brees is safe. But there could be lots of player and coaching turnover by the time Sean Payton is through. It would be a way of cleaning the slate from Bounty-gate and starting fresh.

What say you, RH?

It'll be interesting to see what Payton does in the off-season. He cannot have been too pleased with what he saw this past year. There seems to be some thought that he will come back and clean house. Obviously Drew Brees is safe. But there could be lots of player and coaching turnover by the time Sean Payton is through. It would be a way of cleaning the slate from Bounty-gate and starting fresh.

What say you, RH?

I agree with you there. No doubt he had to be frustrated with what he witnessed, without being able to do a damn thing about it. I have a feeling, some running backs will be sacrificed, even though they are all a great group of runners, individually. They have about 5 of them. Also, the Defense was THE worst in the history of the NFL, this season. That's embarrassing. I'm not quite sold yet on this new defensive coach-Spagnuolo. No question, possibly 1/3 or more of that roster will be examined. They also need help on the Offensive line. Drew Brees had NO time to throw the ball, which resulted in maybe half of the interceptions he threw. Some where just poor judgement.

At any rate, anything (next year) is better than what just went down.

I agree with you there. No doubt he had to be frustrated with what he witnessed, without being able to do a damn thing about it. I have a feeling, some running backs will be sacrificed, even though they are all a great group of runners, individually. They have about 5 of them. Also, the Defense was THE worst in the history of the NFL, this season. That's embarrassing. I'm not quite sold yet on this new defensive coach-Spagnuolo. No question, possibly 1/3 or more of that roster will be examined. They also need help on the Offensive line. Drew Brees had NO time to throw the ball, which resulted in maybe half of the interceptions he threw. Some where just poor judgement.

At any rate, anything (next year) is better than what just went down.

Yo man. Were you not one of those guys that told me Denver could not lose to Baltimore? Strider is. He said Baltimore had no chance. Go clean out your locker Peyton and go do some more commercials. You are a nice guy, but you cant win them all. Just ask Brady and many more. This could be the year of the dirty birds. Ravens, Seahawks and Falcoms. We are going to have a bird bowl perhaps? Only NE or SF can prevent it. There are alot of possible matchups that are good ones. Just imagine Seattle and New England after the trash talking after that game? Or once again we could have the Harbaugh bowl

Archived