YOUR FIRST CONCERT

Strider

What is wrong with Journey and Steve Perry? Great band

....I was kinda kidding Rick.

They were great live and they did write some wicked tunes, Neal Schon is a monster guitar player and "Stone in Love" is one of the best tunes ever....

.....but you know .......all the ballads.....?

Not sure if you have seen them lately, or not, but the guy they got in the band to sing with them now is pretty good....

cheers Rich

My first concert was seeing Van Halen in '07 at the HP. Looking at the setlist now, I'm kind of sad because my favorite Van Halen songs NOW (Mean Street, And The Cradle Will Rock) were songs I hadn't heard then, and I can't remember them. I should get a recording soon...

My first concert was an Elton John one in April 2 years ago. It was the best thing I have ever gone to up 'til then, but someone spilled beer all over my jacket :/

At the VH concert, my dad and I blew up this huge beach ball and threw it onto the people with the floor seats. It was bouncing in the air for 5 minutes, then it knocked someones $20 beer over (it was full and SOAKED his brand new Van Halen T-shirt) , and then security came and popped it. :D

At the VH concert, my dad and I blew up this huge beach ball and threw it onto the people with the floor seats. It was bouncing in the air for 5 minutes, then it knocked someones $20 beer over (it was full and SOAKED his brand new Van Halen T-shirt) , and then security came and popped it. :D

In 2000, I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd with Pat Travers opening.

While Pat was playing, a beach ball kept bouncing around until it made it's way to him on stage, and he swatted it away pretty angrily, it seemed to piss him off.

Can't say I blame him.

Beach balls at shows are mildly annoying/distracting to me, and seem a bit silly or immature.

I mean, if a concert isn't fun/entertaining enough in and of itself that you want to engage in swatting a beach ball around, perhaps you have some attention issues.

But that's just me.

hahaha! That is awesome! I went with my mother who knew nothing about Elton John :mellow: It was so annoying, but fun anyway :)

In 2000, I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd with Pat Travers opening.

While Pat was playing, a beach ball kept bouncing around until it made it's way to him on stage, and he swatted it away pretty angrily, it seemed to piss him off.

Can't say I blame him.

Beach balls at shows are mildly annoying/distracting to me, and seem a bit silly or immature.

I mean, if a concert isn't fun/entertaining enough in and of itself that you want to engage in swatting a beach ball around, perhaps you have some attention issues.

But that's just me.

I agree with you. This was before the show started, BTW.

Typical there are are always a few wankers at concerts, why the fuck did you and your dad do that?

I like Krokus- the Swiss AC/DC.

I liked Krokus.

However, I was actually replying to comment on your AV - great album!

I think my favorite album was Stranded - music as well as the cover, LOL.

roxy_stranded.jpg

I liked Krokus.

However, I was actually replying to comment on your AV - great album!

I think my favorite album was Stranded - music as well as the cover, LOL.

roxy_stranded.jpg

Thanks- I am a major Roxy Music fan. Stranded is a great album- the first to feature Eddie Jobson after Eno left. I used to talk to the drummer Paul Thompson thru emails- he met Bonzo and Zep and flew on the Starship with them in 1975. He owns Bonzo's Ludwig maple kit from 1969- '70.

Well it was before the show. It's not like we were distracting anyone from the main act.

I'm pretty sure the person who had the drink knocked over him was distracted, Why on earth would you take a beach ball to a concert, most people get a programme and tend to keep it, not throw it into the rest of the audience.

Oh you're being much too kind to them!!

Did any Forum members attend California Jam II, featuring Aerosmith and Heart?

Yes, I went to Cal Jam I('74) and II('78).

I'm pretty sure the person who had the drink knocked over him was distracted, Why on earth would you take a beach ball to a concert, most people get a programme and tend to keep it, not throw it into the rest of the audience.

That was the thing in the '70's...people brought all kinds of shit to concerts back then: Frisbees, beach balls, tambourines, bottle rockets, cherry bombs.

Yes, I went to Cal Jam I('74) and II('78).

That was the thing in the '70's...people brought all kinds of shit to concerts back then: Frisbees, beach balls, tambourines, bottle rockets, cherry bombs.

That reminds me of a concert I went too back when I was a kid in the late 70's. One of my friends brought a roman candle with him[must of been around Halloween] and when the concert started, he pulls this thing out and lights it up. The idiot. But we were stupid kids. Anyways , he's standing there holding this thing up like an Olympic torch and the sparks are showering all over the rows in front of us. LOL and then the cops see this and race up to where we are so the kid throws this thing down under the seats and it starts to shoot off the bombs and people are scattering. He gets thrown out. I can't remember the deets after that. Such is my mind these days. I think it was a Prism show. Maybe Rush.

Sorry about that, Joe.

Thought it would be funny, but I guess I was wrong. Didnt mean to piss you off.

^^^

Ahhhh, don't worry about him, sickagain. A beach ball is pretty harmless...doesn't anybody remember that giant bouncy thing the audience is batting around at MSG in "The Song Remains the Same"? Does anybody remember laughter?

What Joe doesn't realize is that there were often HOURS to kill before a concert started (when I saw the Stones they didn't go on stage until 10pm) and throwing a Frisbee or beach ball around was a fun harmless way to pass the time. Then, there was also the time-honoured ritual of the pre-concert food fight and/or beer cup tossing.

Getting girls to flash their boobs was also attempted.

Most of the time, when the concert started the toys would be put away as everyone's focus turned to the band.

That reminds me of a concert I went too back when I was a kid in the late 70's. One of my friends brought a roman candle with him[must of been around Halloween] and when the concert started, he pulls this thing out and lights it up. The idiot. But we were stupid kids. Anyways , he's standing there holding this thing up like an Olympic torch and the sparks are showering all over the rows in front of us. LOL and then the cops see this and race up to where we are so the kid throws this thing down under the seats and it starts to shoot off the bombs and people are scattering. He gets thrown out. I can't remember the deets after that. Such is my mind these days. I think it was a Prism show. Maybe Rush.

There were at leat two Led Zeppelin concerts where I was jolted by an M80 going off near me. I could understand why the band hated those things. It's quite a shock when you aren't expecting it.

• 2 weeks later...

1973-Cross Country, Argent, Doobie Brothers-Capital (Crapital) Theater, Passaic, New Jersey. I loved music, but really never gave much thought to going to concerts. I knew a few songs by Argent and the Doobie Brothers (Hold your head up), and (Listen to the Music). I liked the songs, but kind of figured both bands would be kind of 'poppy'. My friends had an extra ticket, so I said what the heck. AT that point, a lot of what I listened to was much heavier than Argent and the Doobie Brothers. Mainly listening to: Cream, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple.

The concert with Argent and the Doobie Brothers was incredible, and not at all what I expected. The first band, Cross-County was good, but I don't really remember anything about them. Then Argent came out and played incredibly loud, spaced out synthesizer music. Then, the Doobie Brothers came out (I figured they' be kind of country rock). They were great. Very heavy, very loud, sounded like a metal band almost. From that point on I was hooked (in several ways). Been going to concerts for 40 years now. I have seen hundreds of concerts over the years. In fact, I have gone to a minimum of 1 concert every year since then.

• 5 years later...

Archived