Rate The Song Above You

tom kid

Thought this would be a cool idea to turn people onto artists they haven't heard before and maybe get them out of their comfort zone music wise. Did a search for a similar kind of thread and couldn't find anything. It's pretty simple, just listen to the song in the post above and give it a rating out of 10 then post your own video. I'll kick things off:

It is so good to see a newer version of this thread! I used to miss this topic so much before! B)

^^^^^I'll give the post above me a well deserved 9! 21 minutes of such good stuff! That was just out of this world! B) Many thanks for posting that Reswati! :) I owe you one, big time! Believe it or not, I've been looking for something like this for weeks now! B)

http://youtu.be/BmKiv7zqaSg

• 2 weeks later...

^ Maybe a 6/10, it's not what I would normally listen to at all, but it's just so catchy and it keeps getting stuck in my head. I had never heard of Tame Impala either and they are seriously good.

This is my second favourite band, after Zep, Good Shoes.

3/10, I know I was preaching open mindedness before but thats just bad.

I'll break a habit in these threads and post something just released....

Dude then don't post! The song above me wasn't my thing but at least I said something nice about it! Also the song you posted before (College?) was complete wank. Are you just sad that you got blasted on here? I have loved Good Shoes for 6 years and wanted to share them.

Dude then don't post! The song above me wasn't my thing but at least I said something nice about it! Also the song you posted before (College?) was complete wank. Are you just sad that you got blasted on here? I have loved Good Shoes for 6 years and wanted to share them.

I wouldnt say its "not my thing" so much as I just don't think its very good, ultimately though its just my opinion.

I don't think theres anything wrong with disliking songs people post in these threads so long as its listened to with an open mind and not dismissed merely by genre or reputation.

I wouldnt say its "not my thing" so much as I just don't think its very good, ultimately though its just my opinion.

I don't think theres anything wrong with disliking songs people post in these threads so long as its listened to with an open mind and not dismissed merely by genre or reputation.

Well then it's not your thing is it?! If you didn't like it you didn't have to post about it. You just wanted to post your song afterwards.

Well then it's not your thing is it?! If you didn't like it you didn't have to post about it. You just wanted to post your song afterwards.

I'd take that expression to mean someone dislikes a certain genre of music rather than a individual track, "indie" rock still makes up a good part of my listening but that track just had a very weak melody and grating singing IMHO.

7/10 - much better than the first track.

I'd take that expression to mean someone dislikes a certain genre of music rather than a individual track, "indie" rock still makes up a good part of my listening but that track just had a very weak melody and grating singing IMHO.

7/10 - much better than the first track.

Yay! They're too good to miss. Sorry I got so offended I just really love that band, I've met Rhys and everything. I only chose the first song to post because the video is entertaining. You should watch the video for Under Control by them; the song's great but the video is horrific!

Archived