Concerts You've Missed Out On?

Pagesbow

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to have seen Led Zeppelin 8 times over the years 1970-1977.

I had tickets for 2 nights at MSG in 1973, but, I could not find a way to work out travel from Texas to the Big Apple (by myself), so I returned the tickets to MSG for a refund. (I was just 17 at the time !!)

I had a ticket for the cancelled Philadlephia Stadium show in 1975. (Was going to be my only chance to see Zeppelin in a big outdoor concert :( )

And, there have been other bands I missed seeing:

Pink Floyd in 1977 (I spent all my concert money in 1977 to see Zep 3 times !!!)

The Who in 1973 -- I could have gone, but just didn't (knucklehead)

I desperately wanted to go and see The Beatles in 1964, but, my parents would not allow me to go without them, and they, were not going to go and see The Beatles, so I was out of luck (I was just a lad of 8 at the time).

I never got to see Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, The Doors, or John Lennon.

I could have seen Freddie King, the Texas Cannonball, in Austin in the mid-seventies (dummy)

I would have liked to have see Gary Moore, but he rarely toured solo in the US.

I wanted to see The Police in the 80's, but their shows sold out too quickly.

I really wanted to see Coverdale-Page... but that US tour never made it to Dallas.

So, those are my regrets.

fool could be right, he was such a jealous person. if another man so much as smiled at me, he would think something was going on. he was not good looking at all, so i think he was really insecure. he was weird in so many ways ...... wasted the best years of my life. hate is a strong word, but ........

Sorry to read about it Jules. Hey at least you're happy now, that's what's most important.

Archived