falling asleep at the gig

I have been reading of people falling asleep at the zeppelin gig, well here is a nice pic of a couple of guys caught by me at the gig in the act, hahahahaha

lz4.jpg

I believe they are just saying a prayer for a tour.

I have to think that these guys and others who nodded off must have felt terrible on Monday evening when the lights in the arena came up and they realized they'd missed part (all?) of the gig. If I had fallen asleep during this show, I really don't think I could live with myself. I obviously don't know how far these guys traveled or what they did before the show, but sometimes your body just gives up on you, no matter how badly you want to stay awake. :(

Still, what a terrible waste - both for them and for any alert people who could have used their tickets! :lol:

How the flup can you fall asleep during LEZ ZEPPELIN that's disgusting, I drove for 6 hours to get there from 6 am and I was well knackered by 830 yet I was buzzing for the next two hours then drove back another two hours to our hotel (travel Lodge not so posh as a hotel really) then I was still buzzing on adrenilin looking through the camera and playing the little vids!!!!! Man these guys suck!!!!!!!!

How the flup can you fall asleep during LEZ ZEPPELIN that's disgusting, I drove for 6 hours to get there from 6 am and I was well knackered by 830 yet I was buzzing for the next two hours then drove back another two hours to our hotel (travel Lodge not so posh as a hotel really) then I was still buzzing on adrenilin looking through the camera and playing the little vids!!!!! Man these guys suck!!!!!!!!

I hear ya. :) It IS hard to believe they could have dozed off during one of the biggest gigs ever... I probably wouldn't have slept for days before or after if I'd been there, but there you go! :lol:

this is absolutely.... IDIOT.... reading this really pisses me off!!!! I would have sold my car and my house to be there..... and those LUCKY guys.... were sleeping????? I wish them insomnia for the rest of their miserable lives.

If those guys are American, I know what a bitch air travel can be...When I went to London with a group from my high school, we landed at 9 am, so the hotel wasn't ready. We walked around all day, and I was an absolute zombie. I didn't have a sudden attack of narcolepsy, though, and I wasn't even doing anything super-awesome like seeing Zep! :mad: Although I guess if you hit the pubs right after you got off the airplane and then went straight to the show, I guess it could happen. I just hope they're properly disgusted with themselves - they better not have been bored!

come on guys..... you could be drunk, stoned, under jet-lag.... but the adrenalin and the emotion to see Led Zeppelin live in concert maybe for last time (and maybe for your first time) should be enough strong to keep you awake for at least a week.

how embarrasing for them. they must be kicking themselves. but i think we all have had one too many before a show, and hence, missed half the show. i know i spent half the night in the bathroom tossing my guts up during Nine Inch Nails at the Garden. had floor seats, too. but still, you cannot compare Nine Inch with Zep. Just trying to empathize, I guess. seeing that photo also makes me want to kick those guys in the ass. so many emotions here!!

Lol, i feel sorry for the guys, they were obviously Excruciatingly tired...

i cant imagine where they came from, but i heard a few aussie accents, so maybe they travelled 21 hours on short notice to be there, and stood round all day after getting tickets, and finally got to sit down in the venue and their bodies got the better of them? :(

Its a sorry state to be in, but a great story for the kids/grandkids... (I WENT TO AN EPIC GIG, First Zeppelin Gig for 19+ years... "how was it gramps"... u know, i dont remember, i fell asleep :P)

Archived