falling asleep at the gig

I have been reading of people falling asleep at the zeppelin gig, well here is a nice pic of a couple of guys caught by me at the gig in the act, hahahahaha

lz4.jpg

:lol: :lol:

That's shocking.

I was pretty exhausted by the time I actually got in the arena...I think as soon as I'd finally stood still (I'd been wandering around all day), my legs had just had it. But my brain was totally wired and falling asleep was the LAST THING that was ever gonna happen!

:lol: At least they have been caught on candid camera and shamed.

I was sat next to those guys and, in all fairness, they did wake up in time for Zep's appearance and the guy in the glasses was singing along to most of the set. I can only assume they had been travelling all day and couldn't resist getting a bit of shut-eye before the big event. Maybe Foreigner lulled them.

If those guys are American, I know what a bitch air travel can be...When I went to London with a group from my high school, we landed at 9 am, so the hotel wasn't ready. We walked around all day, and I was an absolute zombie. I didn't have a sudden attack of narcolepsy, though, and I wasn't even doing anything super-awesome like seeing Zep! :mad:

That happened to me when our school group went to Europe- we flew overnight from Toronto to Prague, then right after we landed, took a bus from Prague to Vienna. I didn't sleep on the plane or the bus, and then when we got off the bus we had a three hour walking tour of Vienna. :blink: And I still didn't fall asleep until 11 pm that night, which would have been 5 am my time. :blink:

I was sat next to those guys and, in all fairness, they did wake up in time for Zep's appearance and the guy in the glasses was singing along to most of the set. I can only assume they had been travelling all day and couldn't resist getting a bit of shut-eye before the big event. Maybe Foreigner lulled them.

So they didn't sleep during Zep after all? Ah, good to hear. :D

• 3 years later...

If you really sat next to these guys, is that your arm, wristband and watch in the picture? I find it somewhat remarkable that YOU sat next to these two drunk(?) guys and this also happens to be your very first post on this Led Zeppelin site/forum. Coincidence?

If you really sat next to these guys, is that your arm, wristband and watch in the picture? I find it somewhat remarkable that YOU sat next to these two drunk(?) guys and this also happens to be your very first post on this Led Zeppelin site/forum. Coincidence?

Why are you talking to someone who posted here once, 3 1/2 years ago? :blink:

I read somwehere that Vic Reeves (a British comedian) walked out within half-an-hour of Zep' playing. To me that's even worse than falling asleep! Why did they give all these so-called 'celebrities' tickets when they're so indifferent to Zep's music. :angry:

Apparently Paris Hilton also attended. The place must have been rocking! dry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this happen at other gigs during my concert history- even at a Judas Priest gigi in 1986. I never could understand drinking so much that you pass out and don't remember anything. I like having my full senses while seeing a concert. I am not perfect I have had a few hits of a joint over the years but never so wasted as I didn't remember anything. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived