Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
nathanielvera

falling asleep at the gig

You know,

Not everyone is as big as a fan as most of you here. It's a shame to see the tickets goto waste, but lets face it.. it's their hard earned buck...................

.. what the hell am I saying? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Edited by the lead zeppelin

I'm feeling quite angry for these guys but at the same time, maybe they've traveled all the way from australia...

When you're knocked, you're knocked!!

I have been reading of people falling asleep at the zeppelin gig, well here is a nice pic of a couple of guys caught by me at the gig in the act, hahahahaha

lz4.jpg

:lol: :lol:

That's shocking.

I was pretty exhausted by the time I actually got in the arena...I think as soon as I'd finally stood still (I'd been wandering around all day), my legs had just had it. But my brain was totally wired and falling asleep was the LAST THING that was ever gonna happen!

:lol: At least they have been caught on candid camera and shamed.

Back in the days someone would have given them something to KEEP them awake, possibly for the next few days!......where's the community spirit guys??/!!

I was sat next to those guys and, in all fairness, they did wake up in time for Zep's appearance and the guy in the glasses was singing along to most of the set. I can only assume they had been travelling all day and couldn't resist getting a bit of shut-eye before the big event. Maybe Foreigner lulled them.

If those guys are American, I know what a bitch air travel can be...When I went to London with a group from my high school, we landed at 9 am, so the hotel wasn't ready. We walked around all day, and I was an absolute zombie. I didn't have a sudden attack of narcolepsy, though, and I wasn't even doing anything super-awesome like seeing Zep! :mad:

That happened to me when our school group went to Europe- we flew overnight from Toronto to Prague, then right after we landed, took a bus from Prague to Vienna. I didn't sleep on the plane or the bus, and then when we got off the bus we had a three hour walking tour of Vienna. :blink: And I still didn't fall asleep until 11 pm that night, which would have been 5 am my time. :blink:

I was sat next to those guys and, in all fairness, they did wake up in time for Zep's appearance and the guy in the glasses was singing along to most of the set. I can only assume they had been travelling all day and couldn't resist getting a bit of shut-eye before the big event. Maybe Foreigner lulled them.

So they didn't sleep during Zep after all? Ah, good to hear. :D

If you really sat next to these guys, is that your arm, wristband and watch in the picture? I find it somewhat remarkable that YOU sat next to these two drunk(?) guys and this also happens to be your very first post on this Led Zeppelin site/forum. Coincidence?

To fall asleep at the Zepp reunion you've either got to have more money than sense, or be a complete asshole. I'd probably say both for these pair of morons!

If you really sat next to these guys, is that your arm, wristband and watch in the picture? I find it somewhat remarkable that YOU sat next to these two drunk(?) guys and this also happens to be your very first post on this Led Zeppelin site/forum. Coincidence?

Why are you talking to someone who posted here once, 3 1/2 years ago? :blink:

He is probably so outraged that he couldn't not to say anything hehe

Edited by Laura_Page

I read somwehere that Vic Reeves (a British comedian) walked out within half-an-hour of Zep' playing. To me that's even worse than falling asleep! Why did they give all these so-called 'celebrities' tickets when they're so indifferent to Zep's music. :angry:

I read somwehere that Vic Reeves (a British comedian) walked out within half-an-hour of Zep' playing. To me that's even worse than falling asleep! Why did they give all these so-called 'celebrities' tickets when they're so indifferent to Zep's music. :angry:

Apparently Paris Hilton also attended. The place must have been rocking! dry.gif

Apparently Paris Hilton also attended. The place must have been rocking! dry.gif

Believe me, it was.

Believe me, it was.

Ignore my comments on the o2 show, I've been a bitter bastard for the last 4 years due to not getting tickets to that gig tongue.gif

I hope they fell asleep before the trainwreck in Dazed & Confused.

Bit of an overstatement don't you think?

I have seen this happen at other gigs during my concert history- even at a Judas Priest gigi in 1986. I never could understand drinking so much that you pass out and don't remember anything. I like having my full senses while seeing a concert. I am not perfect I have had a few hits of a joint over the years but never so wasted as I didn't remember anything. :blink:

WOW!!! I can't even imagine being tired when I am about to hear the greatest music ever for the first time live. I wish I could have gone. I would have been very awake. That's for sure.

The people who fell asleep weren't tired (as far as I know) or bored (as far as I know), they were just drunk (I do know that).