2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Some of my votes. But I proved my fairness by voting in 3 Yankees. Granderson, Cabo and A Rod (only because I think he will get in no matter).

Cabrera from Tigers would be more sensible. Cano is having problems with men in scoring position, but will probably come through. Raul Ibanez has been wonderful for the Yankees in his first season, it would be nice to give him a vote, if possible..

Cabrera from Tigers would be more sensible. Cano is having problems with men in scoring position, but will probably come through. Raul Ibanez has been wonderful for the Yankees in his first season, it would be nice to give him a vote, if possible..

Just register at MLB.com and you can vote up to 25 times. They do this in most sports now and I do not like it. I do not think it gives a fair sample of the public. some will vote all 25 times and some will vote once and some will vote 5 times and then his wife will yell for him to take out the trash and there goes 20 votes. You wonder if they dont just throw our votes in trash? At least the game means something in baseball. They give you home field disadvantage if you win.

Just register at MLB.com and you can vote up to 25 times. They do this in most sports now and I do not like it. I do not think it gives a fair sample of the public.

I have not voted in years, but it used to be that you could vote as many times as you had the time and will for by creating multiple email addresses.

I know it's not going to happen any time soon due to the money to be made, but I wish all of the so-called "all star" events would no longer be held. Although many of the players say "it's an honor to be recognized", I think it's just a p.i.t.a. to the players and teams.

The Pro Bowl is a joke, the Slam Dunk contest has run it's course and I always cringe when I see players from the baseball team I follow participate in the Homerun Derby.

I have not voted in years, but it used to be that you could vote as many times as you had the time and will for by creating multiple email addresses.

I know it's not going to happen any time soon due to the money to be made, but I wish all of the so-called "all star" events would no longer be held. Although many of the players say "it's an honor to be recognized", I think it's just a p.i.t.a. to the players and teams.

The Pro Bowl is a joke, the Slam Dunk contest has run it's course and I always cringe when I see players from the baseball team I follow participate in the Homerun Derby.

Well you would need to use a different IP address to get another vote in. But of course that is easy to do also. Which makes me wonder how seriously they are taking the public vote. I actually hope for the sake of fairness, not too seriously

SWEEP! Man, I wish the Angels could play Baltimore more often...maybe get Bud to move the Orioles and Angels in the same division.

20 runs scored in 2 games!

I knew it wouldn't last, but I didn't think we'd fall so...hard :)

I knew it wouldn't last, but I didn't think we'd fall so...hard :)

Its far from over EBK. I mean, we are still right there in the race. We must get this middle relief thing fixed fast. Time for this manager to do his job. We are far from out of it. Do not let Strider and :whistling: his trash talk scare you. We play them next week. What are you going to do if we beat you Strider? Sing the blues?

Well the Orioles have picked up Thome. I do not really know what he has in the tank? But it shows some form of determination on their part. Something that has not happened in ages. Our middle relief has gone South in the last few. Time to fix it fast

What a clown Bobby Valentine is, always was. So his team has injuries, then why alienate and let go one of the best players I've watched wear that team's uniform? I can't even root against the Red Sox now, I feel so bad for them...

What a clown Bobby Valentine is, always was. So his team has injuries, then why alienate and let go one of the best players I've watched wear that team's uniform? I can't even root against the Red Sox now, I feel so bad for them...

Why would you feel bad for them? Feel bad for a team like the Indians. The all star game is upon us and my Orioles are still in the race. Right smack dab in the middle. And help may be on the way. It would sure help if Markakus and Roberts would be healthy. But they have had some guys step up.

What a fucking joke. Matt Weiters is a reserve and the catcher from Detroit starts? Bullshit. And Adam Jones who has 20 hrs and 44 rbi' s is not on? bullshit again. This game is pure shit just like the all star games in the other three major sports

Weiters .247 12 hr 44 rbi

Avia .242 5 hr 23 rbi

JOKE

Oh but Rick, they're playing for home field advantage in the series - so that makes the game better than the rest! :blink:

Baseball is such a statistic based game, but they want to satisfy the fans by putting it to a popularity contest.

Btw, the KC fans showed their usual level of class by cheering so loudly when Cano didn't hit a HR in the derby last night....

Oh but Rick, they're playing for home field advantage in the series - so that makes the game better than the rest! :blink:

Baseball is such a statistic based game, but they want to satisfy the fans by putting it to a popularity contest.

Btw, the KC fans showed their usual level of class by cheering so loudly when Cano didn't hit a HR in the derby last night....

Well you have to admit I am right about Weiters and that Adam Jones should be a reserve.

Wow, the National League bludgeoned the American League. Wasn't expecting that...

Nobody was. And isnt the American league way ahead in interleague? Such an unpredictable sport. I see your boys are coming into my yard Bonger. Go O's

According to Wikipedia, the American League is ahead of the NL 2081 to 1883. but that dominance hasn't carried over to the last 3 all star games. Go figure.

I see that my Mets open up in Atlanta tonight vs. Tim Hudson. Should be a good test, hopefully we can pull one out...

Archived