2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

According to Wikipedia, the American League is ahead of the NL 2081 to 1883. but that dominance hasn't carried over to the last 3 all star games. Go figure.

I see that my Mets open up in Atlanta tonight vs. Tim Hudson. Should be a good test, hopefully we can pull one out...

That is obviously all time. I am more interested in this particular year but thanks for the info. The Orioles escaped. Blew a 3 run lead in the ninth. I am glad I cant watch their games here. I would have had a coronary. They must put a streak together. If we can beat Detroit tomorrow we finally get a break in the schedule with Minnesota. Now that I have opened my mouth they will probably sweep us. Ill roll the dice anyway.

So far, my team is having a hell of a year. Best record in baseball, just swept the Jays at home, and we managed to weather both CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte on the DL. Kuroda has had 30 straight innings of shutout ball during day games, so maybe we can convince Selig to schedule playoff games in the afternoon this year. :lol:

So far, my team is having a hell of a year. Best record in baseball, just swept the Jays at home, and we managed to weather both CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte on the DL. Kuroda has had 30 straight innings of shutout ball during day games, so maybe we can convince Selig to schedule playoff games in the afternoon this year. :lol:

Some guys they picked off the scrap pile are really stepping up. The relievers, and Raul Ibanez in particular, are a pleasure to watch.

The Orioles escaped. Blew a 3 run lead in the ninth. I am glad I cant watch their games here. I would have had a coronary. They must put a streak together. If we can beat Detroit tomorrow we finally get a break in the schedule with Minnesota. Now that I have opened my mouth they will probably sweep us. Ill roll the dice anyway.

They must officially be out of contention, since you changed your avatar, Cornelius. When do we see Sabres rattling, in late November?

Some guys they picked off the scrap pile are really stepping up. The relievers, and Raul Ibanez in particular, are a pleasure to watch.

Completely agree. Ibanez, Wise, Chavez....they've all had to play more than I think Girardi was anticipating, but they've all more than done their jobs, considering. Same with Andruw Jones, as well. The series he had at Fenway was remarkable.

They must officially be out of contention, since you changed your avatar, Cornelius. When do we see Sabres rattling, in late November?

No I changed it to show that Buffalo guy I am a true Bills and Sabres fan. I am not conceding anything. But the loss of their number one pitcher along with markakis and Roberts may be too much to overcome. But we are still hanging around, which is something we have not done in a long time.

No I changed it to show that Buffalo guy I am a true Bills and Sabres fan. I am not conceding anything. But the loss of their number one pitcher along with markakis and Roberts may be too much to overcome. But we are still hanging around, which is something we have not done in a long time.

Your team does still have a winning record, and one of the best managers to build with - assuming he has some degree of control on which players come or go, not just who hits where in the lineup.

Your team does still have a winning record, and one of the best managers to build with - assuming he has some degree of control on which players come or go, not just who hits where in the lineup.

And its not like we were expected to win the damn series this year. We are in rebuilding mode, but finallly have made alot of progress. Weitres and Jones will be stars in this league for a long time IMO. The pitching has been the issue. But finally there are signs of good pitching. Chen has been great. And Johnson a great save guy.

Hopefully the Yanks will warm up a little by then, 4 one run losses in a row is tough...have fun!!! :)

The scumbags just stole Ichero from Seattle. WTF. Nice going Seattle. WTF. The Jankees just ruin the sport and so do stupid teams like Seattle

WTF exactly - they have the best record in baseball, on pace to break the home run record, the fill-in outfielders for Gardner have a combined almost 30 homers so far. So they get a slap hitter to keep all these guys on the bench and push back the real hitters in the lineup? Do they need to sell tickets to rich asians so badly???

The sport is ruined by this team. Teams that legitimatley build through their farm system in a skillfull way are pretty much punished by a system that allows this organization to simply steal talent with the God almighty buck. Anyone that cheers for that I have no respect for. If they win I do not repect it at all. They bought it and won it dirty. They are dirty and have been since the 70's.

The scumbags just stole Ichero from Seattle. WTF. Nice going Seattle. WTF. The Jankees just ruin the sport and so do stupid teams like Seattle

:rolleyes:

A 38-year-old batting .262 is not a coup....if they picked up a Cy Young award pitcher I could see your bitch, but c'mon now Rick.

Jimmy Ray, they're just getting more situational depth for the playoffs. He still has a little left in the tank, IMO, but he will provide good pinch hitting or pinch running help come October. Plus he should get some better pitches thrown his way in this line-up, which should raise his batting average some.

:rolleyes:

A 38-year-old batting .262 is not a coup....if they picked up a Cy Young award pitcher I could see your bitch, but c'mon now Rick.

Jimmy Ray, they're just getting more situational depth for the playoffs. He still has a little left in the tank, IMO, but he will provide good pinch hitting or pinch running help come October. Plus he should get some better pitches thrown his way in this line-up, which should raise his batting average some.

That dude's so full of shit I can smell it from here. Don't listen to his ass. The Yankees' farm system is one of the best in baseball right now, specifically because Brian Cashman moved away from the "sell the farm to buy the yacht" mentality that the team exhibited for too long in the early 00s. It burnt us, and it burnt us bad. Now, it's been completely rebuilt. 2/3 of our current roster are all products of our farm system. Other players that aren't, like Andruw Jones, Eric Chavez, Raul Ibanez, Nick Swisher, Russell Martin, and now Ichiro.....they're not making tens of millions of dollars a year. The only real high-priced players on the team right now are Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira, and CC Sabathia. Our rotation and bullpen have been hit with injuries all season, but we still have the best record in baseball. We're making do.

Anyone who thinks the Ichiro we signed is the Ichiro of 2001 is on some powerful, powerful drugs. However, perhaps a change of scenery and a chance to play on a contender will give him a little bit of a boost, and he can provide some defense and offense for us the rest of the year.

That dude's so full of shit I can smell it from here. Don't listen to his ass. The Yankees' farm system is one of the best in baseball right now, specifically because Brian Cashman moved away from the "sell the farm to buy the yacht" mentality that the team exhibited for too long in the early 00s. It burnt us, and it burnt us bad. Now, it's been completely rebuilt. 2/3 of our current roster are all products of our farm system. Other players that aren't, like Andruw Jones, Eric Chavez, Raul Ibanez, Nick Swisher, Russell Martin, and now Ichiro.....they're not making tens of millions of dollars a year. The only real high-priced players on the team right now are Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira, and CC Sabathia. Our rotation and bullpen have been hit with injuries all season, but we still have the best record in baseball. We're making do.

Anyone who thinks the Ichiro we signed is the Ichiro of 2001 is on some powerful, powerful drugs. However, perhaps a change of scenery and a chance to play on a contender will give him a little bit of a boost, and he can provide some defense and offense for us the rest of the year.

I am full of shit miss know it all? I say you are.

The biggest trade yesterday was silently done by the Tigers......pitching prospect Jacob Turner to the Marlins for Omar Infante (2nd base) and Starter Anibel Sanchez. That solidifies our rotation big-time with 5 solid starters. As bad as we were playing 6 weeks ago, is as well as we are playing now. In fact, this week the Tigers had the exact same record they had last year at this time.

The Venezuelan Babe Ruth, Cabrera, put on a show the other day. He hit his 300th homer....a shot to straight away center field that landed in the camera booth 460 feet away. If this guy actually tried to hit homers, he'd knock 60-70 every year. Instead, he constantly goes to right-center and hits .340. He's an RBI machine of the highest order. He's also starting to play a mean 3rd base, which I thought would never happen. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate being able to watch this dude every day. Even Fielder knows he's in a league of his own. It is simply amazing.

I'm getting quite a kick out of Tiger fans taking over other people's stadiums. It wasn't that long ago that was happening to us. Thing is, there's misplaced Detroiters and Michiganders everywhere. You can leave the city or state, but you take the Tigers with you forever.

Eli....welcome back, but we're gonna kick your ass again !

If Baltimore was in the central they would be in first place. They pretty much the same record as the Tigers but play in a much tougher division.

You know it doesn't quite work that way. The season hasn't even started yet. The last two months are pure attrition for rookies that never smelled September baseball. 10 years ago Cabrera, Fielder, and Verlander would be on the Yanks and Red Sox.....so buy yourself a shitty $5 pizza and thank your lucky stars. :P

You know it doesn't quite work that way. The season hasn't even started yet. The last two months are pure attrition for rookies that never smelled September baseball. 10 years ago Cabrera, Fielder, and Verlander would be on the Yanks and Red Sox.....so buy yourself a shitty $5 pizza and thank your lucky stars. :P

You should know better than anyone that those games in April mean plenty. Remeber when the Tigers had that great start back in the 80's and never looked back? I think they had the pitcher that later wound up in Toronto. His name is right on the tip of my tongue but I cant think of it. Jack something I think? You have to win early to stay in the race. My team is stil in the fucking thing.

You should know better than anyone that those games in April mean plenty. Remeber when the Tigers had that great start back in the 80's and never looked back? I think they had the pitcher that later wound up in Toronto. His name is right on the tip of my tongue but I cant think of it. Jack something I think? You have to win early to stay in the race. My team is stil in the fucking thing.

Jack Morris, who was the winningest pitcher in the 80's, and a Yankee Killer. Reggie Jackson was just quoted as saying he was the toughest pitcher of his era, yet the Hall still eludes him. In fact, he openly laughed that Blyleven was in and not Morris. The Veteran's committee will take of that about 20 years down the road....Same with Trammell.

Jack Morris, who was the winningest pitcher in the 80's, and a Yankee Killer. Reggie Jackson was just quoted as saying he was the toughest pitcher of his era, yet the Hall still eludes him. In fact, he openly laughed that Blyleven was in and not Morris. The Veteran's committee will take of that about 20 years down the road....Same with Trammell.

They both should and will be in. Yes, Morris. Thanks for reminding me. He then won with Toronto also I believe. But that year the Tigers started out like 13 -0 I believe? Perhaps better. It shows a good start can mean alot. Of course that Tigers team was great regardless. I hope one of our teams stops the damn Yankees. And either of our teams can. We know Texas can. Texas in my book is still the favorite in the American league but a team everyone had better worry about is Oakland. Angels too, but Oakland has come on like gangbusters.

Archived