2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Doesn't matter how many games you get ahead of Detroit, we're in a shit division so we'll get in to the playoffs much easier as long as the Whitesox keep losing. :D

i know it. If we were in your division we would be in first place. Its a huge win if we get this last out none the less. And its far better to win it than lose it.

Yeah baby!!! Huge win. Game and series. I do not understand your logic the way the White Sox are playing though. You are taking them for granted. Cant do that. You lose the division, you have to beat out the Orioles or Tampa. Not easy. But I do think the Tigers are a good enough team to get in

What a sad bunch the Angels are. Pitching sucks. they suck

My logic is they're about to lose a series to the Royals.

Actually, the Royals are about to be 8-2 in the last 10 games so I can't hate too bad...

Yes I saw that. Isnt it amazing how teams can be so bad and then so good? KC they are saying is going to be tough in years to come. the White Sox to me are the real shocker so far. Seattle was hot too for a while there.

Bah humbug! This Angels season is on Manager Mike Scoscia. They already got rid of his stumblebum buddy Mickey Hatcher, if the Angels don't make the playoffs, Scoscia will be next.

A virgin would have a better chance of surviving a Motley Crüe/Kiss splooge-fest intact than Scoscia has of coming back if the Angels miss the playoffs.

I need a Baltimore sweep of Texas! Come on O's!

Bah humbug! This Angels season is on Manager Mike Scoscia. They already got rid of his stumblebum buddy Mickey Hatcher, if the Angels don't make the playoffs, Scoscia will be next.

A virgin would have a better chance of surviving a Motley Crüe/Kiss splooge-fest intact than Scoscia has of coming back if the Angels miss the playoffs.

I need a Baltimore sweep of Texas! Come on O's!

I would think you would want us to lose? For the Wild card? I do not see you catching Texas for the division. I would love to see a sweep but being realistic, that is a tall order. I like our chances tonight with Gonzalez who has been very good. The young kid Johnson could go tomorrow, and with our middle relief guys like Ayala pitching out of their minds, we are in pretty much every game. We have made history with our record in one and two run games. I intend to call a local sports talk guy again tonight to give him some more. He emailed me three times and does finally admit the O's have gotten better and he gives them credit. I do not know if I want the White Sox or Yankees realistically? I mean, the Wild Card you have to think will come down to us, Oakland (who has a dick schedule), and whoever does not win the Central. I still have to believe the Tigers will win the divsion and the White Sox may be in the wild card race. I believe Baltimore is the best of those clubs easlily. Oops, I cant forget Tampa who has the lead. They have benefited from an easy recent schedule and are on a roll. Tampa and Baltimore could be the two teams but Chicago and Oakland are right there. We have to keep winning./ We have the worst possible schedule for the next three nights playing the Rangers. I would be delighted to win two. What a joke the national league central is. In the East, give Davey Johnson credit for the job he has done with the Nats. they are running away with the best record in baseball.

I love my Tigers, but we're a flawed team. How can you have Cabrera and Fielder on the same team in the American league yet neither is your DH ? Not that it would matter, because our roster is so flawed there's no way to take advantage of it if they did. I root for Delmon Young, but the poor man sits at 0-2 every time he comes to the plate....let's one go by, and fouls one off. We miss Victor Martinez in that 5 spot big-time.

Fielder has to be the poorest fielding 1st baseman I've ever encountered. He's got limited range and he's constantly swiping at the ball. Peralta has the worst range of any shortstop in baseball. Fielding always plays a role in the playoffs, so I don't see us going anywhere IF we make the playoffs. It's been a fun year though. Illitch must be making a killing packing 40,000 a game since opening day.

Archived