2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Okay, I'm so happy about this I have to post it twice! :D

I just bought my post-season tickets!!!!! It's been far too long.....

:hurrah:

Good for you! As much as you love to go to the games, you deserve that!

:)

Okay, I'm so happy about this I have to post it twice! :D

I just bought my post-season tickets!!!!! It's been far too long.....

:hurrah:

Congratulations ebk! And contrary to your doubts the first time you posted this news, I think the games will be played...I think Baltimore will make the playoffs.

That's alright by me...the AL playoffs could use an injection of Black and Orange. It's been too long since the Orioles were in the postseason. They were a regular sight when I was younger. Good old Earl Weaver.

The Angels season is NOW. It's one thing to sweep the BoSox, but this series against the Detroit Tigers is crucial. We took round one of this war last night. If we could somehow sweep the Tigers, that would put the Angels back in the playoff picture.

And make docron miserable. ;)

Come on Angels!

Congratulations ebk! And contrary to your doubts the first time you posted this news, I think the games will be played...I think Baltimore will make the playoffs.

That's alright by me...the AL playoffs could use an injection of Black and Orange. It's been too long since the Orioles were in the postseason. They were a regular sight when I was younger. Good old Earl Weaver.

The Angels season is NOW. It's one thing to sweep the BoSox, but this series against the Detroit Tigers is crucial. We took round one of this war last night. If we could somehow sweep the Tigers, that would put the Angels back in the playoff picture.

And make docron miserable. ;)

Come on Angels!

I say not a chance on that one Strider. But how about my Orioles? Up 7-2 and the Yankees are down to Cleveland!! If they lose to Cleveland you know they have problems. We win tonight and we are 4 back of first. Stay at least two ahead of Detroit and are in pretty damn good shape.

NICE. Tigers needed that win desperately.

Yep...typical pitching collapse by the Angels. That, along with today's win by the Tigers, pretty much seals the Angels doom. Even taking 2 of 3 from Detroit wouldn't have been enough...they needed to sweep the series.

They didn't and I don't see the Angels making ground. There are just too many teams ahead of them playing well while the Angels are struggling.

Good luck to the Orioles and Tigers. I want you guys to make the playoffs, not Tampa Bay and Oakland.

Still trying to wrap my head and calculator around that blockbuster Dodgers-Red Sox trade. :o

Yep...typical pitching collapse by the Angels. That, along with today's win by the Tigers, pretty much seals the Angels doom. Even taking 2 of 3 from Detroit wouldn't have been enough...they needed to sweep the series.

They didn't and I don't see the Angels making ground. There are just too many teams ahead of them playing well while the Angels are struggling.

Good luck to the Orioles and Tigers. I want you guys to make the playoffs, not Tampa Bay and Oakland.

Still trying to wrap my head and calculator around that blockbuster Dodgers-Red Sox trade. :o

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I cannot believe the White Sox. I mean, I knew they were decent and could be in the race, but I did not see this coming. They are simply on fire. But the Orioles are too, and as hot as Tampa was, the O's are a half a game back and by tomorrow night could be within 3 or less of the Yankees. The Yankees luck is about to run out as Cleveland will not be on the menu every night. The O's just picked up a pitcher from Arizona. If anyone is familiar with this guy please enlighten us? Go Orioles!!!!

We had rain too, about an hour and a half delay in the bottom of the first. Before the game we were lucky to be part of the JR Ragers club parade , marching around the field. Joe Nathan was cool enough to take a pic with my daughter Paige.....

post-841-0-79134800-1346034329_thumb.jpg

post-841-0-29024100-1346034377_thumb.jpg

We had rain too, about an hour and a half delay in the bottom of the first. Before the game we were lucky to be part of the JR Ragers club parade , marching around the field. Joe Nathan was cool enough to take a pic with my daughter Paige.....

Great. Cute little girl. Have you posted any pics of yourself in Meet and Greet? I am in there someplace way back. I always think its good people know what each other look like. Just for the sake of knowing each other over such long distances. Well, my boys need to keep winning and I am sure the Tiger fans will be behind us in the next series. Your Rangers are in like flint. They were my pick to win it all before the season started. I was shocked that they lost to San fran. Their only question mark is their pitching. Is it deep enough? Against any NL team except Wash I would give them the edge. The Nats have to be the clear favorite in the National League. The American league sure looks wide open but Texas has to be the favorite. I think our Orioles EBK have a great shot to get in. I am flying to Florida Thurs. So I will miss the games vs the Yankees next week but will have my eye on the scoreboard. I will be in Ft Lauderdale, Ft Myers and then on to Tampa and Orlando. Ill have my laptop so I will check in. This is the first time I can remember being excited about baseball this late in the year in a long long time. I have to say, 1983. When I knew we could get it done. But that team was nowhere near as good as the 70's teams. This team has great potential and is going to keep getting better. Do not be surprised if they pull off an American league pennant this year!

Thanks......I posted a pic of myself a while back, but it was a pic from back in the day. I 'll have to post a recent one.

I hope Texas meets the O 's in the post season, they match up well. Buck was being interviewed on one of the sports radio stations down here, I always thought he was a cool dude.

Thanks......I posted a pic of myself a while back, but it was a pic from back in the day. I 'll have to post a recent one.

I hope Texas meets the O 's in the post season, they match up well. Buck was being interviewed on one of the sports radio stations down here, I always thought he was a cool dude.

They met before but way way back in the 70s and we beat every western team in history in those days. Mostly the Twins and the White Sox once. You guys can do us a big favor next three days and beat Tampa

Your daughter is adorable! And it was really sweet of Joe Nathan to pose with her. Hope this cements her as a fan for life!!

Great. Cute little girl. Have you posted any pics of yourself in Meet and Greet? I am in there someplace way back. I always think its good people know what each other look like. Just for the sake of knowing each other over such long distances. Well, my boys need to keep winning and I am sure the Tiger fans will be behind us in the next series. Your Rangers are in like flint. They were my pick to win it all before the season started. I was shocked that they lost to San fran. Their only question mark is their pitching. Is it deep enough? Against any NL team except Wash I would give them the edge. The Nats have to be the clear favorite in the National League. The American league sure looks wide open but Texas has to be the favorite. I think our Orioles EBK have a great shot to get in. I am flying to Florida Thurs. So I will miss the games vs the Yankees next week but will have my eye on the scoreboard. I will be in Ft Lauderdale, Ft Myers and then on to Tampa and Orlando. Ill have my laptop so I will check in. This is the first time I can remember being excited about baseball this late in the year in a long long time. I have to say, 1983. When I knew we could get it done. But that team was nowhere near as good as the 70's teams. This team has great potential and is going to keep getting better. Do not be surprised if they pull off an American league pennant this year!

Rick, if you like upscale Mexican food, go to Eduardo de San Angel in Ft Lauderdale. It's the biggest reason I was upset that the O's left and moved to Sarasota. Fabulous food!!

When you get to Tampa, check out Bern's Steakhouse, The Refinery and Sideberns. All wonderful...and completely different.

After the baseball, it's all about the food :)

This next few series will be fun to see how they wash out.

The O's sweeping Chicago is a double edged sword but I will take anything to get rid of this 2 game deficit we've had for the last few months.

Detroit plays Kansas City which should be at least a 2 of 3 series win.

Unfortunately the A's play Cleveland, the shittiest team around lately (1 and 9 in the last 10 games) so they probably wont fall out of the Wildcard race either.

Yes Oakland is lucky they get to play the horrible Indians now. What a joke. the fact they were able to beat the Yankees once says the Yankees must have some of their own problems. I hope we expose them next . I am sure Oakland will most likely sweep the Injuns. We have a tough one with these fucking White Sox. I like our chances tonight with Chen. Enough to lay some money down.

Watching the Yankees game with a friend, I say, "come on Jeter, let's get on base, small ball to tie it" He says, "Jeter is the most overrated player in the league" (not even a-rod, I know, right?) I don't respond to his statement, then next pitch, Jeter does. Tied up!

Watching the Yankees game with a friend, I say, "come on Jeter, let's get on base, small ball to tie it" He says, "Jeter is the most overrated player in the league" (not even a-rod, I know, right?) I don't respond to his statement, then next pitch, Jeter does. Tied up!

Orioles win again!!! 3 1/2 out. I hope Toronto beats them. Next week they have to play us 7 times Go O's

Your daughter is adorable! And it was really sweet of Joe Nathan to pose with her. Hope this cements her as a fan for life!!

Thanks ebk......she loves going to the ballpark. There's 3 minor leauge teams in town too, she judges all 4 ballparks on their playground areas....LOL. Since the Rangers just moved theirs inddoors with AC, they top her list of ballparks to visit.

Archived