2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Yeah, keep rubbing it in. Damn Rangers. :rolleyes:

Lovely photos though, zepscoda.

Watching the Yankees game with a friend, I say, "come on Jeter, let's get on base, small ball to tie it" He says, "Jeter is the most overrated player in the league" (not even a-rod, I know, right?) I don't respond to his statement, then next pitch, Jeter does. Tied up!

Your friend is an idiot. I'm not even a Yankee fan.

Rangers take the Rays 6 - 5

Beat them again tonight for us. We have a tough one again vs White Sox. Verlander going for Detroit so I am thinking they are going to win and keep the heat on. We will see what the Yankees are made of next week when we play them 7 times. Now I hear Texeira is out. Breaks my fucking heart. We have lost more than our share like Roberts for the season and Thome

Well Kansas CIty killed the White Sox and now it looks like they're giving the same treatment to Detroit.

I see the Orioles are up 4-0 against my Sox, so who knows we may get swept.

doesnt matter cuz we brought the bats... right back in the game :)

And we did you another favor by beating the White Sox. The Yankess will not get Toronto and Cleveland forever. Nor will Oakland. Next week they get the Orioles and Tampa. Then those one run games will be a bit tougher. Orioles are on fire. The pitching staff is doing great. The loss of Roberts did not kill us. We will benefit from the return of Thome and Betemit. Oakland is still tied due to a dick schedule. But I must give them credit for winning. Angels in my book are done. So a good team is going to go home. I just hope its not us as we have gone home enough over the last twenty years. I think we are pitching too damn good to be the team that does not get in. The Tigers had better win the division in my opinion. If they do not, they could be in jeapardy. But all in all, one would have to thiink they will find a way to win the division? But they have a huge series with the White Sox this weekend. When I am in Florida I first go to Ft Lauderdale and the Muts are there to play the fish. No thanks. When I drive north the Yankees are in Tampa. If the O's were there I would go. Good series but both enemies. the night I leave the Rangers arrive in Tampa zepcoda.

If you haven't been to either of those stadiums, you should go anyway, Rick. Who cares who's playing... it's baseball!

I care. It has to be the Orioles EBK. Ill wait. Does anyone know if the wild card series is best of 5 or 7 this year? I see if the season ended today we would play Oakland. But lots of battles remain.

I care. It has to be the Orioles EBK. Ill wait. Does anyone know if the wild card series is best of 5 or 7 this year? I see if the season ended today we would play Oakland. But lots of battles remain.

Well, since there are 2 wild card teams, the first "series" is one game. Whoever wins that game, goes on to the Division Series which is 5 games. Then the League Championship Series, then the World Series, both of them 7.

I try to take in a new ballpark every summer, so I don't really care who's playing when I travel (although I try to arrange for the O's or Nats to be there, if it doesn't work, I go anyway). I've been to every stadium that was there when I started this in the 80's. Now have to go back to 6 or 7 that have been built since. Minneapolis in September - we'll see the Royals, then the White Sox. Helps with the vacation planning :)

I like to hit various ballparks and judge them by the beer selection. So far the Jake up in Cleveland has had the best. Old Bush stadium was the worst ( I dispise Anheuser-Busch)

Great criteria! The ballpark in Detroit has a lovely pub-like thing that has a pretty good selection. Camden Yards greatly expanded their selection last year, which works out really well for me :D Last time I was at the Jake was 4 or 5 years ago. The selection was just okay then. Nats park has a very nice selection of taps in the center field pub, but the lines are ridiculous... And I can honestly say with no prejudice to the team (HA!) that the beer choices at Yankee Stadium suck.

^^ I just finished watching that game not too long ago. Darvish was magnificent & the Rangers are looking like they may be the best team in the AL right now. Hopefully if they do make it back to the world series they can win it this time. I'd hate for them to become the Buffalo Bills of baseball.

^^ I just finished watching that game not too long ago. Darvish was magnificent & the Rangers are looking like they may be the best team in the AL right now. Hopefully if they do make it back to the world series they can win it this time. I'd hate for them to become the Buffalo Bills of baseball.

Taking shots at my teams are we? Well fella, dont count the Orioles out. Never lost a playoff series to a western team. Yankees losing as I type. I hope we keep it up. Knock over the A's and then take you guys on in the ALCS. You will be up against it if you play the O's

Oh, and speaking of the Bills. Expect a far better team in Buffalo this year

PS YANKEES DOWN 2 HEADING TO THE 8TH. IF THEY LOSE, O'S 3 BACK!!!

I try to take in a new ballpark every summer, so I don't really care who's playing when I travel (although I try to arrange for the O's or Nats to be there, if it doesn't work, I go anyway). I've been to every stadium that was there when I started this in the 80's. Now have to go back to 6 or 7 that have been built since. Minneapolis in September - we'll see the Royals, then the White Sox. Helps with the vacation planning :)

Hi ebk! I too love baseball. My favorite team broke my heart one too many times, and I ended up finding this forum because of them in a roundabout way (long boring story). I would love to see all of the parks, but it's just not feasible. What is your favorite? Have you been to Toronto too?

Angels are winning just enough to tease me with the possibility of making the playoffs...but we cannot play the Red Sox every game, so I know heartbreak is the final result of this season.

Oh well...the Raiders, Lakers and Kings start their seasons soon.

Archived