2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Taking 3 out of 4 from the Red Hot White Sox was a bonus. Let's put a dent in the Bronx Bomber's tank.

Angry-Oriole-Bird.jpg

Amen to that buddy. .Lets bury the pricks. I am in Hollywood Fl. I was going to send a message from the Detroit airport but you have to pay for service there. I was there two hours. One blue moon, a stalled engine, and we landed safely in Fl and then got some mickey mouse car rental. I got the Bills scores and Orioles scores texted to me. Go O's

Hi ebk! I too love baseball. My favorite team broke my heart one too many times, and I ended up finding this forum because of them in a roundabout way (long boring story). I would love to see all of the parks, but it's just not feasible. What is your favorite? Have you been to Toronto too?

Hi jb126! I'm not sure I can name a favorite, but I will say that of the old parks, Fenway is the pinnacle. There's nothing quite like it, not even Wrigley, which is a close second. My favorite new park is PNC in Pittsburgh, hands down! It's amazing what they did with that place. It's small and cozy, reasonably priced (which is nice) and the skyline of Pittsbugh is soooo interesting to look at. Who knew :)

I have been to Toronto. I enjoyed Skydome more than I thought I would. The roof was open during the first game, and during the second game, it opened mid-game. That was really interesting to watch. I really like Toronto. It's a lovely city and there are some wonderful restaurants there.

I think it would be interesting someday to hear how baseball brought you to this forum, it you'd care to share. And as far as going to all the parks, I've been doing this since the early 80's. I try to take one vacation a year to a new park, even it's just over a weekend. It makes for a fun trip. Don't give up on it...it can be a lifetime pursuit!

..ebk, have you been to the ballpark in Arlington?

I have. I believe that was the trip where we went to the Astrodome in it's last year...so it was a while ago. I liked it. Being an old Washington Senators fan, I was particularly amused that in the museum, you can see where they ripped the "Senators" off the uniforms and stitched "Rangers" right over it :) It's a nice park in the tradition of the new parks - comfortable, with nice amenities, but nothing spectacular.

You do take lovely photos of the place!

Hi jb126! I'm not sure I can name a favorite, but I will say that of the old parks, Fenway is the pinnacle. There's nothing quite like it, not even Wrigley, which is a close second. My favorite new park is PNC in Pittsburgh, hands down! It's amazing what they did with that place. It's small and cozy, reasonably priced (which is nice) and the skyline of Pittsbugh is soooo interesting to look at. Who knew :)

I have been to Toronto. I enjoyed Skydome more than I thought I would. The roof was open during the first game, and during the second game, it opened mid-game. That was really interesting to watch. I really like Toronto. It's a lovely city and there are some wonderful restaurants there.

I think it would be interesting someday to hear how baseball brought you to this forum, it you'd care to share. And as far as going to all the parks, I've been doing this since the early 80's. I try to take one vacation a year to a new park, even it's just over a weekend. It makes for a fun trip. Don't give up on it...it can be a lifetime pursuit!

Wrigley is probably first on my list of "must get to" major league parks. An activity I've been involved in for 25+ years that uses up a lot of my vacation time and dollars is winding down for me. Soon I'll have more time and money to take real vacations. I've only been to Skydome, Camden (very nice), Texas (Arlington), the Stadium (old one) and of course Fenway. I'd spent a ridiculous amount of time and money on the RSox, particularly in the last decade, almost to the point of obsession. I didn't think they could get any lower than last September, but alas.....

Since you were so nice to ask - I needed to take a break from listening to local sports radio non-stop. I would have it on in the car, at home, at my desk. I had gotten away from listening to music and made a promise to myself to start listening, learning, buying, seeing live music again. My renewed interest in music is how I ended up finding this site.

I look forward to the NFL starting next week. I'm still staying up on the goings on in MLB, just not obsessing over the Sox - why should I? Some "interesting" things happening in the AL race this week. Superstition prevents me from putting it in writing. ;-)

Ladies and Gents, guess who is about to take over first place? I think its been about 29 years at this time of year. The Orioles baby!!! 8-0 Orioles and Yanks getting pummeled in Tampa!!!!!!! Love it. No laptop access here. Sucks. Later all

12-0

You shoulda gone to the game, if only to cheer when we end up tied for first place!!

^^^

Not since 1997 have the O's been in first place this late in the season!

Quick ebk and Rick: Name the starting lineup of the '97 Orioles?

Angels have passed Detroit in the Wild Card standings but still lag behind the others. Need to complete the sweep against the A's today. It's going to be a long and wild September.

Dodger Stadium. Memorial Day 2012.

post-1470-0-02216900-1346875582_thumb.jp

Archived