2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

^^^

Not since 1997 have the O's been in first place this late in the season!

Quick ebk and Rick: Name the starting lineup of the '97 Orioles?

Angels have passed Detroit in the Wild Card standings but still lag behind the others. Need to complete the sweep against the A's today. It's going to be a long and wild September.

Dodger Stadium. Memorial Day 2012.

Are you kidding? I can't even name the starting lineup for this year's team... :lol:

This is gonna be fun!

wow. Congrats to the O's fans. I'll be honest and say I didn't think they'd ever get up to first.

Tigers may be able to leap-frog the Angels with a good series coming up but it's starting to look like their only chance now is to win the division.

Oh well, maybe next year <_<

I had no idea the Houston Astros were changing leagues next year....or it was a done deal so long ago I just forgot. I guess that's what happens when you're 40 games back. I've adopted Cincy as my Nat'l league team to root for this year. We beat them in inter-league play, but their team impressed me. The Tigers have some serious fielding problems and the stats tell the tale. Unearned runs, errors, inability to turn the double-play....we lead them all. But I'm still convinced that our fate lies with our 5 starters. They are capable of getting on a roll. Plus, we've owned the White Sox this year. September can be suddenly cruel when the tank runs out of gas.

Cabrera for MVP. Plenty of good choices, but it's his turn. He made the transition to 3rd and he's hit like Babe Ruth.

ANGELS WIN! :yay:

HA! Take that Detroit! One down...two to go.

Unfortunately Tampa Bay also won, as did the A's and the Orioles. So many teams fighting for the two WC spots. Detroit looks like they are fading.

Yes! Hopefully the odds will play out right for them to get in for the wild card.

^^^

Not since 1997 have the O's been in first place this late in the season!

Quick ebk and Rick: Name the starting lineup of the '97 Orioles?

Angels have passed Detroit in the Wild Card standings but still lag behind the others. Need to complete the sweep against the A's today. It's going to be a long and wild September.

Dodger Stadium. Memorial Day 2012.

Just saw this Strider so I can remember Rafeal Palmero and his shananagans. But to me its been 29 years. 1983 since we had a true contender. We had no shot in 97. And we won the series in Ripkens rookie year, and the 1970 team to me was the best. Brooks Robinson and Dave McNally both stand as my two fav Orioles along with a not so well known Terry Crowley who I loved as a red wing and Oriole. Other than Palmero? I would have to think long and hard. I can name the 1970 team iin a heartbeat.

Ole!!!! Ole!!!! O's win!!!!! Back in first. Hey you Tigers fans. Verlander is screwing me again. You guys might be going home if you dont start hitting.

A heart-stopping ending! I think anyone who dives/slides into first base should be punished.

Going tomorrow - we'd better win!!

Rangers go into extra innings again, three games in a row. Beat the Rays tonight in 10.

Have fun at the game tomorrow ebk....has that weather system blown through yet?

Thanks for the help Texas. That dirty bastard Sabathia hit Markakis and he is out for the season. Unless they get to the ALCS perhaps. Fucking dirty bastards.

Rangers go into extra innings again, three games in a row. Beat the Rays tonight in 10.

Have fun at the game tomorrow ebk....has that weather system blown through yet?

Thanks zepscoda! And thanks to your team for beating the Rays :D

The system blew threw this afternoon just as the bottom of the 9th started at Nats Park ... oy vey :) We spent some time taking shelter in a stairwell till the winds died down, then walked to the car in the rain. Got home just as the game started up again. Glad we left... The weather is lovely now - supposed to be quite nice tomorrow.

EBK, we lost Markakis for the season. Terrible

I know! You could almost hear the bone break on the TV... ugh. But, we got through the last time he was out, so I think we'll get through this.

I know! You could almost hear the bone break on the TV... ugh. But, we got through the last time he was out, so I think we'll get through this.

McClouth seems good. I am so happy with this season. We just need to stay the course. Next after this we get Tampa. No breaks. If we were in the central we would have clinched. What do your Angels think they are doing Strider? Trying to get back in the race?

Archived