2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

What I mean is....it's only May 5th. The season is one month down and 5 months to go. Glad for your enthusiasm for your team, but a reality check is in order. If they are doing as well in mid-September, then I may be onboard with you. Until then, it's just about 17% through the marathon that is the MLB season. Good luck!

Nobody understand this more than me. But this time things are different. We are not winning just with our bats outslugging teams with late high scoring affairs. We are shutting teams down with our starters, middle relief and the pitching staff is on fire. Boston has no pitching. The Yankees just lost Rivera for the season. Tampa has played a dick schedule. Baltimore is for real this time. They are not going to fall apart like they have in the past. Hell, we fell apart way before this last year and never had this kind of pitching. Wieters has developed into a potential superstar. Jones and Davis are tearing leather off the balll and Reynolds even woke up. this team is for real. Go Birds!!!!!

Well, our national nightmare is over, as Albert Pujols finally went deep for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. He's still only batting .196 & has a measly 7 rbi, but at least he finally got that home run monkey off his back. Will this propel Albert to reaching the numbers we are used to seeing him put up, only time will tell...

How bout dem Os!!!!!

:D

You Know it Hon! That was an amazing game with BoSox yesterday. The stats are crazy; Chris Davis 0 for 8 and picks up 2 strike outs gets the last batter to ground into DP and takes the win as a field player.

I am ready to drink the Kool Aid where is Jim Jones to direct me to the line?

You Know it Hon! That was an amazing game with BoSox yesterday. The stats are crazy; Chris Davis 0 for 8 and picks up 2 strike outs gets the last batter to ground into DP and takes the win as a field player.

First time since 1925 two teams used non pitchers to pitch in a game. Incredible. Now we get Texas. Yikes.

I would say Jim Jones just posted below you... :D

Texas is proving quite troublesome tonight. I've flipped over to the hockey...

I would say Jim Jones just posted below you... :D

Texas is proving quite troublesome tonight. I've flipped over to the hockey...

We were probably gassed after that 17 inning game. I expect Arrieta to pitch well tonight and the Orioles to pay them back big time. I think we are going to chase their starter. I am betting Arrieta and Verlander have good nights.

We were probably gassed after that 17 inning game. I expect Arrieta to pitch well tonight and the Orioles to pay them back big time. I think we are going to chase their starter. I am betting Arrieta and Verlander have good nights.

Well...it was fun while it lasted :)

Jered Weaver's no-hitter has been the only highlight of the Angels season so far. And may well remain so for the rest of the year. I swear I looked at the roster the other night and 4 of our starter's batting averages were around the Mendoza line...including the $240 million man, Pujols.

Good for the Weaver kid, though. I always figured he'd be great and I think he'll pitch a couple more no-hitters before he's through. Whether he's still pitching for the Angels when he does is another matter.

Thank god I've got the NBA Playoffs to distract me from the Angels miserable beginning. Oh wait...the Lakers are in trouble against Denver and Bynum is once again acting a fool and disgracing the Lakers.

Hmmmm...how about those LA Kings? GO KINGS!!!

Big series vs Tampa. Another team we must learn to beat. We took care of Toronto, Yankees and Boston. Trouble with Texas but who hasnt had trouble with Texas. My pick to win it all But I am hoping the Orioles can win the division. Adios Mariano. yankees doomed without him. Tampa is going to be the team to beat for us.

To all you folks In the USA, unfortunately, I don't understand a word ....No disrespect intended. Not much of that sport over here Im afraid sorry if there is not much response from the UK,

That's alright we'll just have to educate you. We take to watching Football across the pond, when there's no American version. Baseball's more like cricket than the NFl is like soccer, I suppose. I have no idea what the value of wicket is either.

Great game. I love the pie in face during the post game interview. That's 2 in consecutive nights. It is lot more fun to pull for a winning team. Damn it's been a long time.

Wow - Nick Johnson... stolen base and game winning home run!!! I expect any day now he will trip on a shoelace and go on the DL... :D

He was pretty good in the post game interview though.

Archived