2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

No "no-no" for Verlander, but he came awfully close. Mets get pounded into the ground by the Jays. Oi vey...

How about my Orioles fella? And Detroit won. I parlayed them together. I will never touch the Mets again,. I will not bet a game they are involved in. They stink in my opinion anyway. Stink. Any my Orioles play them soon.

"Stink" might be a bit strong of a word for a team that is still 3 games over .500 in the toughest division in baseball, the NL East. Your Orioles are looking good so far, but there is still a lot of baseball yet to be played. Looking forward to that June matchup of the birds vs. the Mets.

"Stink" might be a bit strong of a word for a team that is still 3 games over .500 in the toughest division in baseball, the NL East. Your Orioles are looking good so far, but there is still a lot of baseball yet to be played. Looking forward to that June matchup of the birds vs. the Mets.

Well I got a rise out of you. /That was the intention. Ha. :lol:

Chen vs Strasburg today. Tough one. We have won 5 straight. Chen has been great and is 4-0. This is going to be a tough one.

I'm really happy with the way Chen is pitching this year. Today will be close...not like the other games haven't been close :)

I hate "interleague play"...fooking hate it. It unbalances the schedule and it's unfair to certain teams.

I hate interleague play, too. However, since the leagues will be changed next season so that both will have 15 teams instead of the current 16/14, there will be an interleage game every day. I heard a suggestion a couple of weeks ago that baseball should just abolish the leagues and go to regional divisions. Which means they'd have to all play with the DH or get rid of it (can't see the latter happening).

While I'm a tradionalist at heart (I am old, after all :) ), I think I agree with this idea. I'm not sure of the plan details, but I think the suggestion is a good one. At this point, they should blow it up and start again. It won't work any other way. In my opinion...

I'm really happy with the way Chen is pitching this year. Today will be close...not like the other games haven't been close :)

He had a 3-0 lead and poof. Oh well, we have not lost in a while. Time to start another streak hopefully

We blew another lead. I hope this does not become a pattern. The good news, the Yankees got whacked 6-0 at home to KC. We need a win tomorrow.

Why are you so concerned with an old team that has below average pitching? Yankees were done when they didn't go out and get some arms during the off season.

Why are you so concerned with an old team that has below average pitching? Yankees were done when they didn't go out and get some arms during the off season.

Because I cant fucking stand them. I hate them more than any team in sports Along with the Flyers. I know so many Yankee fans here and i am sick of them.

well the red sox surely blew it last year but truth is they still have one hell of a team and now they have something to prove..........the american league as a whole seems so improved the competition should be some of the best ever

that being said the phillies would truly seem to be the team to beat.....year in year out

The Phillies are not playing well at all. Washington is a surprise in that division. My Orioles are a surprise and lost a tough 6-5 game today to Red Sox after beating them last night. A day's rest and KC comes in. Time to get the bats a booming. We need Brian Roberts back as soon as possible And Britton is pitching single A this weekend. I suspect if all goes well, he will be in AAA next week and if all really goes well, he could be in the Birds rotation in a few weeks? We need to keep this train rolling. Go O's

Archived