2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

^^ Heh, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Rick. Everybody loves Toronto now, but I'm guessing by the All-Star break they will be under .500 again. That division belongs to either the O's or the Yanks or maybe even Tampa. I do wish Dickey all the best, hope that knuckleball dances in Toronto like it did in New York this past year.

^^ Heh, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Rick. Everybody loves Toronto now, but I'm guessing by the All-Star break they will be under .500 again. That division belongs to either the O's or the Yanks or maybe even Tampa. I do wish Dickey all the best, hope that knuckleball dances in Toronto like it did in New York this past year.

How in the fuck can Baltimore be the longest shot in the AL East?? Ok I know that its bullshit. How do they think the Red Sox can go from the shithouse to back in the race that fast? Not happening

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21424903/bookmaker-makes-blue-jays-the-world-series-favorite

Get a load of this crap. Toronto now the favorite by some books to win the Series!!! Are you kidding me?And how can Boston be 25-1 and the Orioles 40-1!!! I guarantee you we will beat Boston

Does CBS even broadcast baseball? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, Rick.

• 3 weeks later...

The Bills need to remove OJ from the WALL OF SHAME

Well, I guess it all comes down to that "character" issue a lot of writers bring up when voting on hall of fame players. If you were handing out votes based on sainthood, there would be a lot of guys not in, including Ty Cobb. There's no denying what OJ did on the field, but then again I'm one of those guys who believe Pete Rose should be inducted.

Well, I guess it all comes down to that "character" issue a lot of writers bring up when voting on hall of fame players. If you were handing out votes based on sainthood, there would be a lot of guys not in, including Ty Cobb. There's no denying what OJ did on the field, but then again I'm one of those guys who believe Pete Rose should be inducted.

AMEN Indeed he should be. How can you not have the guy who has more hits than anyone ever in the Hall? Because he gambled? OJ kills two people and is still on the Wall of Shame. I am not happy with Mr Wilson for leaving him up there regardless of what he did in a GAME.

How did OJ get in a Baseball thread? Besides, those murders happened loooong after he had retired from football. While he was a Buffalo Bill, OJ was a good citizen so I see no problem with the Bills honouring his career.

Back to baseball...Piazza definitely deserves to get in the HoF. Bernie Williams I'm not so sure. None of the steroid crew is getting in.

And yes, Pete Rose belongs in the Hall.

Jack Morris just missed at what was probably his best shot, but no matter. He'll make it on his first veteran's committee vote, which is only a few years away now.

The Tigers would probably be ranked much higher than that 10-1 shot, but we've decided to go with a rookie closer next year who has never thrown a pitch in the major leagues. That's a ballsy move, but Rondon's talent supposedly warrants it. We'll see...

Jack Morris just missed at what was probably his best shot, but no matter. He'll make it on his first veteran's committee vote, which is only a few years away now.

The Tigers would probably be ranked much higher than that 10-1 shot, but we've decided to go with a rookie closer next year who has never thrown a pitch in the major leagues. That's a ballsy move, but Rondon's talent supposedly warrants it. We'll see...

Bonger, you can bet KC will be plenty tougher this year.

Just picked up tix for the Yankees/Braves spring training game in Tampa. Got good seats too, about 6 rows behind the Yanks dugout! Looking forward to it!! :)

Walter, you are in Tampa? Or will just be visiting? I have trouble remembering where everyone is from here

I'm in the Orlando area, but Tampa is about an hour drive. Always love to catch a game at Steinbrenner Field - closest I get to Yankee Stadium anymore! Just glad to pick up good seats, for a Saturday game too! I may catch the Yankees in Kissimmee against the Astros too. That stadium is VERY small - only 4 or 5,000 seats.

I'm in the Orlando area, but Tampa is about an hour drive. Always love to catch a game at Steinbrenner Field - closest I get to Yankee Stadium anymore! Just glad to pick up good seats, for a Saturday game too! I may catch the Yankees in Kissimmee against the Astros too. That stadium is VERY small - only 4 or 5,000 seats.

Ah luckey you. Good old International Drive. And when I was in Tampa last time this drunk gave me the correct directions from Hillsborugh Rd and got me to the Airport on time. I owe him. Ha. Used some small time car rental that was a joke. I love Orlando. So much to do.

Yeah, we don't live too far from I-Drive. We love living down here. Know Tampa well also. We go down to Treasure Island a lot down there. St. Augustine is another beautiful place. We also have our "mothership" - Daytona International Speedway - just up the road too! Guess that proves how much we love it here! :yesnod:

Yeah, we don't live too far from I-Drive. We love living down here. Know Tampa well also. We go down to Treasure Island a lot down there. St. Augustine is another beautiful place. We also have our "mothership" - Daytona International Speedway - just up the road too! Guess that proves how much we love it here! :yesnod:

Yes Walter, I have been to Daytona beach a few times. And Cocoa beach, but I prefer Hollywood beach and Ft Myers beach.. Of course Sanibel Island is fabulous.

What's up Rick? No reaction to my rebuttal to your OJ rant?

No Strider I in fact missed it. Its tough to keep up on all posts on all threads here. I do have another life to live off of this board though it may not seem that way. LOL. I dont care when it happened. It happened. He is not the guy I thought he was. He is a pile of shit. He killed two people and was let off by a racist jury. His name should be removed from the Wall. Why is it he is left out of all conversations on football shows on ESPN for instance. Every once in a while they have no choice but to mention his name with all he accomplished. On the field he was the best back I ever saw. Had no defense and you have to remember that. One time he ran the sweep against the vaunted and mighty steel curtain and made them look like cattle standing still. He ran around them and went 80 yds after the kickoff, on a handoff. The Lions one Thanksgiving knew he would get the ball but could not prevent him from running all over them.

How about those O's-just to put this back on topic so nobody can bitch. I cant catch alll of your posts Strider.

Clearwater beach? Or mainly to watch spring training? No Orioles?

Fly to Tampa. Stay in St Pete. See the O's and a couple of other teams. Eat at Berns...and other places.

I love spring training!

Fly to Tampa. Stay in St Pete. See the O's and a couple of other teams. Eat at Berns...and other places.

I love spring training!

That sounds delicious and not just the eating, a warm weather spring getaway sounds marvelous.

I have a dilemma that is sort of baseball related. Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona has opened up to a Boston journalist that I really don't like. This journalist has a book coming out on January 22. I hate to contribute to lining his pockets, however, I want to hear what Francona has to say. I do think it was probably the right decision to terminate him, but it is disgusting that someone(s) in the Sox organization let some personal and embarassing information about Francona leak to the media.

Edit/update: I just learned that the book is being billed as co-written by the journalist and Francona...so I'll probably buy it.

Archived