2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Why....and who is "we"?

The Orioles is the "we" and the "why" is because we have two Japanese players on our active roster now; Hiroki Kuroda and Ichiro. Apparently to his mind, that equals landing at Iwo Jima. Two people. Two.

That's just fantastic logic and reasoning, no?

The next time we play at New York we are gonna think we landed at Iwo Jima.

I'll be at that game. Is there something I should know?

Mets lose. :)

CitiField is nice. Busy though - no space that's not covered in ads. Pictures to come.

CitiField is nice. Busy though - no space that's not covered in ads. Pictures to come.

You will be at Yankee stadium? No, they signed Ichuru last night. I am sure you know. They now have a farm team in Seattle

You will be at Yankee stadium? No, they signed Ichuru last night. I am sure you know. They now have a farm team in Seattle

I will be at Yankee Stadium Monday evening. Spending the week in New York.

They now have a farm team in Seattle

Yeah, one that calls up 38-year-olds! :blink:

Btw, the Yanks didn't "sign" him, they traded for him with one year left on his contract....don't let the facts get in the way of your "I hate the Yankees" rant!

Glad you're having fun!

:)

http://www.cbssports...ion-at-gunpoint

Thank God Cal Ripken's mother is ok. Abducted at gunpoint. Found safe in a car, 74 yrs old.

The possible horrors of being somewhat of a celebrity - although my own mother got mugged while walking to her car, at a similr age. Can't think of a more talented/classy/influential family in baseball?

The possible horrors of being somewhat of a celebrity - although my own mother got mugged while walking to her car, at a similr age. Can't think of a more talented/classy/influential family in baseball?

I'd love Cal Ripken to take over as commissioner when Pud Lite's tenure finally comes to a close.

Watched Ripken play for the Rochester Red Wings coming up, was a class act he and his father were/are. People who do that to the elderly are total scumbags! I'm glad she's safe, sorry to hear about that happening to your mother, jimmy ray.

Watched Ripken play for the Rochester Red Wings coming up, was a class act he and his father were/are. People who do that to the elderly are total scumbags! I'm glad she's safe, sorry to hear about that happening to your mother, jimmy ray.

Thanks, Walter, she's 85 now and doing fine. At least the one guy resisted stomping her head when she released her pocketbook. The cops knew exactly where to find these guys, after a two word description of them.

So did I and in the summer of 1970 I had box seat tickets right behind the Red Wings dugout when Grich and Baylor were here. The Orioles won the World Seris with guys like Palmer, McNally and Brooks Robinson and the Red Wiings won the Junior World series vs Denver. Those Orioles teams were better than Cal's team that won it all his rookie year. I have shook hands with Joe Altobelli, both at the dinner for Tommy LaSorda here and at the race track that he frequents.

Well, the Mets season has gone down the toilet & even R.A. Dickey is looking mortal since the all star break. What is there to look forward to for the rest of the season?

:bagoverhead:

As a Mets fan, surely you're enjoying how poor the Phillies are playing. They are to the Mets what the Red Sox are to the Yankees.

At least the O's won... :)

We have Oakland coming in and they are on fire. Them and Pittsburgh the hottest teams in baseball. We really need to win a couple of these games. We are still in the race and its no longer early. its been ages since we could say that.

I'm ready.....Jim's ready. Play Ball !

Jim-Leyland-doesnt-have-time-for-your-bullshit.png

Nice to see a fellow Tigers fan. Can't say they're living up to the hype, but last year was the same story till they went on that 12 or so game win streak through the division.

Archived