2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

As she said before, she attended 2 Met games and last nights Yankees game....PAY ATTENTION!

;)

Why aren't you bitching about the Angels, btw?

Why would I bitch about the Angels? anyway, do you know if there are two wild cards this year? Someone told me there are?

Yes, two wild cards....stupid, right?! I can see one, but two???

They just picked up Greinke (sp?) from the Brewers the other day. If the Yankees had done that you would've flipped your lid! You had a fit when they picked up an aging slap hitter after all...

Yes, two wild cards....stupid, right?! I can see one, but two???

They just picked up Greinke (sp?) from the Brewers the other day. If the Yankees had done that you would've flipped your lid! You had a fit when they picked up an aging slap hitter after all...

Yankees did not get him

So you were at that game? Great. Are you at the entire series? I am hoping for another win tonight.

What Walter said! :D

Thanks for paying attention, Walter!!

And Happy Belated Birthday, Rick!

Who's happy tonight? I can guess a couple... You guys have quite a manager that can keep this team coming back when it counts. It wasn't Terry Francona that visited your clubhouse, while he (referring to clown Bobby V.) sat watching AFV...

Who's happy tonight? I can guess a couple... You guys have quite a manager that can keep this team coming back when it counts. It wasn't Terry Francona that visited your clubhouse, while he (referring to clown Bobby V.) sat watching AFV...

I was real happy until that fucking dumb ass play at first. Come on and put this game away!!!!!

Fine game. Wish I had been there tonight, too!!

Sure was!!! Love it!!!! I hope they stay hot and the pitching holds up. I wish we had Roberts but we must win without him. I am hoping to sweep them. Then we may finally get some damn respect. I have a local radio announcer I am going to light up like a Xmas tree.

Do not let Strider and :whistling: his trash talk scare you. We play them next week. What are you going to do if we beat you Strider? Sing the blues?

Nope...no singing the blues for me. As should be obvious by now, I don't pay nearly as much attention to baseball as I do football and basketball.

I had to read thru 6 pages of posts just to catch up...that'll tell you how long it's been since I last read this thread.

But I follow the Angels progress thru the daily sports page. Taking the first two from Texas is sweet...sweeping them would be GREAT!

I still think the Wild Card is the Angels eventual destination, as Texas will just hold off the Angels for the Division crown. Getting Dempsey helps equalize the gains the Angels made in picking up Grienke.

Oakland is coming strong, but I think they come back to earth later.

Nice job by your Orioles whacking the Yankees last night, Rick...11-5!!! Whoo!

Nope...no singing the blues for me. As should be obvious by now, I don't pay nearly as much attention to baseball as I do football and basketball.

I had to read thru 6 pages of posts just to catch up...that'll tell you how long it's been since I last read this thread.

But I follow the Angels progress thru the daily sports page. Taking the first two from Texas is sweet...sweeping them would be GREAT!

I still think the Wild Card is the Angels eventual destination, as Texas will just hold off the Angels for the Division crown. Getting Dempsey helps equalize the gains the Angels made in picking up Grienke.

Oakland is coming strong, but I think they come back to earth later.

Nice job by your Orioles whacking the Yankees last night, Rick...11-5!!! Whoo!

I must admit Angels look very good now and Oakland is on fire. My Orioles are hanging in and I pray they continue. Playing and afternoon game in NY as I type its 2-1 bad guys. We have not swept in the bronx since 1986. With two wild cards it appears a race between Angels, Oakland, Detroit and Baltimore. If Detroit squanders the division? I wish we were in that shit division.

I must admit Angels look very good now and Oakland is on fire. My Orioles are hanging in and I pray they continue. Playing and afternoon game in NY as I type its 2-1 bad guys. We have not swept in the bronx since 1986. With two wild cards it appears a race between Angels, Oakland, Detroit and Baltimore. If Detroit squanders the division? I wish we were in that shit division.

The central really is shit. I blame it on the Royals. (see stats below). I still think there is funky shit going on with the West only having 4 teams. <_<

Since the 1998 division re-org:

AL WEST (overall win % = 0.517)

First place (9 of 14)

Second place (3 of 14)

Third place (2 of 14)

AL CENTRAL (overall win % = 0.482)

First place (0 of 14)

Second place (5 of 14)

Third place (9 of 14)

AL EAST (overall win % = 0.511)

First place (5 of 14)

Second Place (6 of 14)