2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

[Well you'll get to see them play 4 against Detroit coming up]... [hope you're ready for another sweep baby]!

Even if Detroit sweeps them, they will be ahead in the standings. I'm not too concerned ;)

Nice wild card battle goin on, eh? I wouldn't really know, We are too far ahead in the division to pay much attention to it. ;)

Nice going Cleveland. They let Detroit score 5 runs in the bottom of the 10th inning. My Orioles won a pitching duel. Huge win though as they have not fallen out of second place since April. They are IN THE FUCKING RACE. Believe it or not. Be it a wild card or whatever. Right there with Detroit, Angels, Oakland, etc. And Detroit has to be the most underachieving team I have seen. Well maybe Boston too. We finally catch a "break" in the schedule if there is such a thing. Seattle comes in, but they have won 8 of their last 10!! How I have no idea. As for your post of that fucking Amazon on the beach MM, you can have her. Go ahead. All yours homer. I was not called Silvermedalist for nothing. I'll take the silver and the blonde. You can have the stanky ass and the Gold.

I will be cheering for Verlander tomorrow Bonger. Have your boy bring his A game.

Even if Detroit sweeps them, they will be ahead in the standings. I'm not too concerned ;)

Nice wild card battle goin on, eh? I wouldn't really know, We are too far ahead in the division to pay much attention to it. ;)

[yeah yeah, the Yankees are winning, big surprise].

[maybe if your ballpark was bigger than 320ft]... ;)

I tried, man, I tried...but it's you she wants. Specially after I told her about your narc stash. Then she sat on my face, and forced me to blurt out your address.

She says she's coming home real soon, so I guess she'll be busting down your door some time later this week. Good luck, soldier.

I think you are in love wiith her. Expecially those footsies

[what in the world are you guys talking about....]?

Major Major has a foot fetish and he has no qualms about making it public. So the bloke posts a pic of Serena Williams layiing on the beach, a shot at me for her defeating Maria Sharapova who yes I kind of have the hots for. My wife knows as much and thinks its funny. Major Major wants to play footsie in the sand with his new honey Serena. :lol: He just cant get enough of those Brazil nuts!!

Ok you motown fans. Tell your boys to keep this win steak going and go in there and do some damage against the Bankees. A Verlander victory and an O's win over Seattle tomorrow can cut the division lead to 5 1/2!!!!! Who would have thought? Back when the Orioles were a powerhouse in the seventies, I remember one year when the race between Baltimore, Bostona and the Yankees was real heated. The Orioles were behind in third. They won 28 of their last 32 games!! Yes and went on to the World Series. In those days we usually found the Twins waiting and we never were beaten by a western team, Chisox included in an ALCS. I wish we had Bobby Grich or Brooks Robinson but we dont. But we have a decent lineup and the pitching is coming around on most nights. Some nights we have been shelled. Those guys that are responsible Mr Showalter will have to replace. I do not know if Jake Arrieta wasa sent down or is in the bullpen? I had high hopes in Jake this year but it did not pan out except for that one great performance vs the Yankess early in the year. This year is different than all of the other dismall recent years. We have finally turned the corner and are once again a respectable team IMO. I hope they can go on a tear and get in. But if they dont, at least we have taken a big step in the right direction. Go O's!!

Ok you motown fans. Tell your boys to keep this win steak going and go in there and do some damage against the Bankees. A Verlander victory and an O's win over Seattle tomorrow can cut the division lead to 5 1/2!!!!! Who would have thought? Back when the Orioles were a powerhouse in the seventies, I remember one year when the race between Baltimore, Bostona and the Yankees was real heated. The Orioles were behind in third. They won 28 of their last 32 games!! Yes and went on to the World Series. In those days we usually found the Twins waiting and we never were beaten by a western team, Chisox included in an ALCS. I wish we had Bobby Grich or Brooks Robinson but we dont. But we have a decent lineup and the pitching is coming around on most nights. Some nights we have been shelled. Those guys that are responsible Mr Showalter will have to replace. I do not know if Jake Arrieta wasa sent down or is in the bullpen? I had high hopes in Jake this year but it did not pan out except for that one great performance vs the Yankess early in the year. This year is different than all of the other dismall recent years. We have finally turned the corner and are once again a respectable team IMO. I hope they can go on a tear and get in. But if they dont, at least we have taken a big step in the right direction. Go O's!!

[how come you're routing for the Tigers]?

[i think all that will do will be to cut a few games out of the Yank's lead and allow the Tigers will lock a spot in the Wildcard race and leave the O's fighting for 1 open slot rather than 2]...

[if you ask me they stand a better chance of making the playoffs using the Wildcard route rather than hoping to win the Division outright]

Rick, I think your O's should forget about the division, sitting 6.5 back, and focus on the wild card. Right now they are only a game back, with three teams ahead of them, but if they get hot could definitely secure one of those 2 wild card spots.

Of course I realize this. I would be happy with a wild card of course. But the division is not out of reach by any means. Is up to how well we play. The Yankees do not have Rivera. They are beatable 6 1/2 games isnt shit in baseball. We could catch them in a week if the cards fell right. We must take care of teams like Seattle. Detroit can still win their division but I think the White Sox are a tougher bunch mentally. Verlander is Verlander. They must thank their lucky stars they have him. I am not impressed that much with them as a team all around and think the O's are better. I have to cheer for the Tigers in this series. But my main concern is for the O's to just win. Tillman has pitched very well of late. So has Chen and the kid that pitched today. Now its time for Weiters and Jones to start putting a few in the upper deck.

[i think Berry and Infante are giving the Tigers new life]

[They have a much different look on the field since the Allstar break they are 14 - 8].

[i am confident they will pass the Whitesox in a few more series' like they do pretty much every year].

Archived