2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Talk about your 'dog days of August'. Angels are playing like dogs lately. Our bullpen needs help and I don't see how CJ Wilson is going to help us in the playoffs...especially if we have to face his former team, Texas Rangers. Wilson has been whacked every time he's pitched against the Rangers.

Tonight begins a big series with Oakland, who have passed the Angels in the standings with their recent surge.

Johnson slams the door and the Birds win again!!! If the Tigers hold on the lead is down to 5 1/2!!! Wild card is possibe.

and CWS is losing to KCR 2 to 1 in the 7th.

Shaping up to be a good night all around for the Tigers and O's

and CWS is losing to KCR 2 to 1 in the 7th.

Shaping up to be a good night all around for the Tigers and O's

I have a parlay with O's and Tigers. I would have one another won if Texas would have taken their heads out of their asses. And I took Minnesota with them too. Cleveland has absolutely tanked. I mean, they have fallen apart. The White Sox are to me one of the big surprises this year. Tigers should hang on and give me this win. Here we come yall!! The Oriolees are only 5 1/2 games back of first and tied for the Wild card. And ITS NO LONGER EARLY. :hurrah:

"Must-see J.V." goes 8IP with a season high pitch count, equalling his career high in strikeouts becoming first Tiger since 1958 to gain 14K against the Yankees.

Cabrera with a 454ft HR to the bushes next to the camera box in dead center, reclaiming his spot as the AL RBI leader over Josh Hamilton.

Fielder with a solo HR making it his 3rd in 5 games.

Tigers 9 straight wins at home.

Granderson 0-5 against his former team

"Must-see J.V." goes 8IP with a season high pitch count, equalling his career high in strikeouts becoming first Tiger since 1958 to gain 14K against the Yankees.

Cabrera with a 454ft HR to the bushes next to the camera box in dead center, reclaiming his spot as the AL RBI leader over Josh Hamilton.

Fielder with a solo HR making it his 3rd in 5 games.

Tigers 9 straight wins at home.

Granderson 0-5 against his former team

Thanks for the help Tigers. Both money wise and division wise. We are pretty much tied with you and I expect the Tigers to catch the White Sox. I expect we can outlast the Chisox but it wont be easy. have the Angels and A's to worry about also

The Mets, unfortunately...

:bagoverhead:

My first live game experience was a Mets doubleheader. My Grandpa was a big Mets fan that couldn't even say the name Gary Carter without choking up. He thought Mookie Wilson was a pretty good player, too - for a "spook".

My first live game experience was a Mets doubleheader. My Grandpa was a big Mets fan that couldn't even say the name Gary Carter without choking up. He thought Mookie Wilson was a pretty good player, too - for a "spook".

He must have been a big fan of Seaver and Koosman. Two great pitchers. And that 86 series had to be one of the best ever. Along with the 76 series betweeen the Red Sox and Reds.

1986 Series was a great one, although still a little painful for me, as that was the year the Angels choked against Boston in the ALCS. Damn Dave Henderson.

One strike away.

So I hated Boston and rooted(and betted) with all my might for the Mets to beat the Red Sox in the World Series that year. Hallelujah! My prayers were answered...victory was SWEET that year!

FYI: 1975 was the year of the classic Reds-Red Sox WS; '76 was the Reds sweeping the Yankees.

The BIG RED MACHINE!!!

Cal Ripken was in Rochester today. looks like my O's may drop a chance to pick up another game on NY? Not over yet but not looking good at the moment. Ripken came back to pay respects to the town he played his minor league baseball in and his father managed in.

Archived