2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Man you guys have balls pitching to Granderson with runners on 2nd and 3rd!!! Yikes. Yankees lose!!! O's coming up in bottom of ninth with a chance to cut the fucking lead to 4 1/2!!!!!!

[i thought it was smart to pitch him - Valverde is wild] [not such a slim chance he would walk in the tie with bases loaded]

[i thought it was smart to pitch him - Valverde is wild] [not such a slim chance he would walk in the tie with bases loaded]

Granderson is their most dangerous hitter. Period. I see them enough to know. I am happy you nailed him but it was flirting with disaster. We go to the 11th wiith a chance to move within 4 1/2 games. Who would have imagined.

Granderson is their most dangerous hitter. Period. I see them enough to know. I am happy you nailed him but it was flirting with disaster. We go to the 11th wiith a chance to move within 4 1/2 games. Who would have imagined.

[i know what he can do (you know he used to be on the Tigers roster, right?)]...

[i also know Valverde has just as good of chances of walking in the tying run as he does getting Granderson to pop out]

[i know what he can do (you know he used to be on the Tigers roster, right?)]...

[i also know Valverde has just as good of chances of walking in the tying run as he does getting Granderson to pop out]

Right now I am eating my fucking couch with this Orioles game

On to the 13th. Weiters has two homers and a double.

EBK, if you should happen to read this, please see if you can find out who is pitching tonight for our Birds? Sportsline is reporting Hunter but when you open the matchups its a kid probably up from Norfolk? We are only 4 1/2 games behind the damn Yankees. Can you believe it? We have KC and Boston coming in after Seattle so we must take advantage and win a good share of these games. Chance to really make a run here. We play the Yankees 7 times, all within an 8 day span in early Sept. Unfortunatley I will be in Florida when it happens. But I will keep an eye on the scoreboard for sure.

PS I guess there are issues with Hunter's health?

GO O'S!!! :drunk:

EBK, if you should happen to read this, please see if you can find out who is pitching tonight for our Birds? Sportsline is reporting Hunter but when you open the matchups its a kid probably up from Norfolk? We are only 4 1/2 games behind the damn Yankees. Can you believe it? We have KC and Boston coming in after Seattle so we must take advantage and win a good share of these games. Chance to really make a run here. We play the Yankees 7 times, all within an 8 day span in early Sept. Unfortunatley I will be in Florida when it happens. But I will keep an eye on the scoreboard for sure.

PS I guess there are issues with Hunter's health?

GO O'S!!! :drunk:

Rick, it's Steve Johnson, making his first major league start. His dad is Dave Johnson, a native Baltimoron who pitched for us in the late '80's-early '90's. He does radio and tv for us now. He's a good guy. Hope his kid is a good pitcher!

Don't know what's up with Hunter... I'll look later.

Rick, it's Steve Johnson, making his first major league start. His dad is Dave Johnson, a native Baltimoron who pitched for us in the late '80's-early '90's. He does radio and tv for us now. He's a good guy. Hope his kid is a good pitcher!

Don't know what's up with Hunter... I'll look later.

Hey thanks much. So not to be confused with Davey Johnson, our second baseman and now the manager of the Wash Nats, no relation? Well I just hope he pitches well. Our middle relief has been surprisingly good. Chen will most likely pitch tomorrow? Chen, Gonzalez, are pitching geat. I do not know what is up with Arrieta? I know he was demoted to the bull pen but I am assuming he is injured? I cannot imagine he is in Norfolk? We need to make a run right now. With KC and Boston up next at home, we can beat these teams. Go O's!!!!! Thanks again EBK

Hey thanks much. So not to be confused with Davey Johnson, our second baseman and now the manager of the Wash Nats, no relation? Well I just hope he pitches well. Our middle relief has been surprisingly good. Chen will most likely pitch tomorrow? Chen, Gonzalez, are pitching geat. I do not know what is up with Arrieta? I know he was demoted to the bull pen but I am assuming he is injured? I cannot imagine he is in Norfolk? We need to make a run right now. With KC and Boston up next at home, we can beat these teams. Go O's!!!!! Thanks again EBK

Not related to Davey at all, who is doing wonders down here in DC.

Arrietta is in Norfolk. Hunter is still on the active roster, but I think he's pitching in relief these days.

[Tigs got newby Anibal Sanchez on the mound against Sebathia...]

[going to need the offesne tonight i think]

[well, its the 3rd inning]

[looks like it's time to send An'idiot Sanchez back down to AAA].

Not related to Davey at all, who is doing wonders down here in DC.

Arrietta is in Norfolk. Hunter is still on the active roster, but I think he's pitching in relief these days.

i still have high hopes for Arrieta and am shocked he is in Norfolk. He shut out the Yankees in NY earlier in the year. But Tillman, Gonzalez and Chen are all pitching lights out. And looky here, we are up 2-0 with this kid on the mound. I know its early in the game but we are up. Go O's!!!!!!

i still have high hopes for Arrieta and am shocked he is in Norfolk. He shut out the Yankees in NY earlier in the year. But Tillman, Gonzalez and Chen are all pitching lights out. And looky here, we are up 2-0 with this kid on the mound. I know its early in the game but we are up. Go O's!!!!!!

Listening to the game tonight, I found out that Hunter didn't start because he warmed up last night since the game was so long. Looks like Mr Johnson did a fine job in his stead!! :D

Listening to the game tonight, I found out that Hunter didn't start because he warmed up last night since the game was so long. Looks like Mr Johnson did a fine job in his stead!! :D

And they are all doing a fine job!!! And I love it. Chen, Tillman, Gonzalez, are all pleasant surprises. And then there is the other Johnson. The best save guy in baseball right now. 33 saves. Go O's!!!!!

:drinks:

Go Tigers. I have it on. We can cut it to 3 1/2. Big inning over but Tigers are alive.

[i dont know if i can remember a more exciting week of baseball for the Tigers (save for them going 20-7 last year about this time)]

[... been some entertaining games this week]

[i dont know if i can remember a more exciting week of baseball for the Tigers (save for them going 20-7 last year about this time)]

[... been some entertaining games this week]

Thanks for the help. Its pretty exciting for the Orioles too pal. Its been a long time since we had anything to cheer about.

Archived