2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

I need to say (as I've had a few glasses of wine :) ), that Joe Magrane needs to get a new wardrobe person on MLB Tonight...or be fired. That's painful to look at.

So glad you enjoyed the pictures!

It's been tough being an O's fan for the past, oh, 15 or so years... I'm happy for all the company I can find! :D

That said... break up the O's! We're 2 and 0!!! Yay!!!

We are 3-0 and the Yankees and Red Sox are 0-3! Great start. Lets hope this is a sign of better days. /We have been hitting homers. Arrieta is the real deal. Lets hope we can take at least 2 from the Yankees.

The Orioles can't beat the Yankees no matter what they do. They really need more hitters who do the little things to get on base and Mark Reynolds has got to go. He belongs in a softball beer league with that swing. He's no major league third baseman either. I don't care how many home runs he hits, he's worthless.

Their pitching is better this year though, that's something at least.

^^^ Really cool pic! I do love the flag-across-the-field opening day ceremony.

First game of the season at Nats Park yesterday. The Nats win - that's good! The park itself is still the same. That's...average. Too bad..

^^^ Really cool pic! I do love the flag-across-the-field opening day ceremony.

First game of the season at Nats Park yesterday. The Nats win - that's good! The park itself is still the same. That's...average. Too bad..

Nats are off to a great start!

Nats are off to a great start!

That they are!! The O's are even off to a not-horrible start :D

I guess the shortcomings of Nats Park are even more apparant since I spend so much time at Camden Yards, which is a gem. Just makes everything at Nats Park seem so ... blech. My friends and I decided yesterday it's one of our least favorite ballparks in the country. Which is a shame.

That they are!! The O's are even off to a not-horrible start :D

I guess the shortcomings of Nats Park are even more apparant since I spend so much time at Camden Yards, which is a gem. Just makes everything at Nats Park seem so ... blech. My friends and I decided yesterday it's one of our least favorite ballparks in the country. Which is a shame.

I was just in DC a few weeks ago, but didnt have a chance to check it out. Camden is very nice. Can you still bring your own beer into the standing room only section?

I was just in DC a few weeks ago, but didnt have a chance to check it out. Camden is very nice. Can you still bring your own beer into the standing room only section?

Oh goodness no. Haven't been able to bring beer in since way back in Memorial Stadium! I remember when they started that rule, Wild Bill threw his cooler over the side of the upper deck and earned himself a temporary ban from the stadium :) He was a character.

Camden Yards does have one of the most lenient policies about outside food and drink. You can bring in any beverage - as long as it's not alcohol - if the bottle is sealed. I think at Nats Park, you can only bring in water.

The Nationals ballpark does look kind of ordinary on television. I've been to Camden Yards and there's not much better than that. Even the new Yankee Stadium while really nice kind of falls short.

I need to get to PNC Park though, everybody I've known who's managed to get there says it's the best ballpark currently in the majors.

The O's have had a couple of nice comeback wins against Toronto, hope springs.

The Nationals ballpark does look kind of ordinary on television. I've been to Camden Yards and there's not much better than that. Even the new Yankee Stadium while really nice kind of falls short.

I need to get to PNC Park though, everybody I've known who's managed to get there says it's the best ballpark currently in the majors.

The O's have had a couple of nice comeback wins against Toronto, hope springs.

PNC Park is my favorite of the new ballparks. It's intimate, relatively inexpensive, the fans are passionate, and the view of the (surprisingly interesting) Pittsburgh skyline is stunning!

I also like the new Yankee Stadium. It's new, clean and bright, and while you're in your seat watching the game, it's still Yankee Stadium. They spent that billion or so dollars quite well :)

Since I started keeping track back in the mid 80's, I've been to all of the MLB parks. We now have to revisit a half dozen or so cities to see the new ballparks. It's a fun hobby!

Archived