2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Well I bet your boys again tonight. I took Verlander. Took the Orioles. And some others.

[good pick].

[JV is 3-0 in Arlington with a 1.29ERA]

[and Holland]? [he has been struggling with pitch location giving up a ton of homers lately].

Thanks for NOTHING YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING BLUE JAYS. Lie down and fucking roll over you puppy dogs.

My complaint is... why does the MLB Network seem to show the Yankees every single week on their Saturday game??? Surely there are other deserving teams playing... and if they must show the Yankees, can they not always go with the Yes broadcast? I hate Michael Kaye... (which I'm sure surprised no one here... :) )

My complaint is... why does the MLB Network seem to show the Yankees every single week on their Saturday game??? Surely there are other deserving teams playing... and if they must show the Yankees, can they not always go with the Yes broadcast? I hate Michael Kaye... (which I'm sure surprised no one here... :) )

How do you think I feel? I get them shoved down my throat every night. Can only see my Orioles when in NY

How do you think I feel? I get them shoved down my throat every night. Can only see my Orioles when in NY

ooooo...never thought about that. Sorry Rick...

If I didn't live somewhere where I could watch my team, I'd probably fork out for Extra Innings. Or MLBTV. Or something... I'd go nuts otherwise.

ooooo...never thought about that. Sorry Rick...

If I didn't live somewhere where I could watch my team, I'd probably fork out for Extra Innings. Or MLBTV. Or something... I'd go nuts otherwise.

I was reallly tempted this year especially since we have returned to respectability. But I pay for Center Ice and that is pretty much my allowance. Sunday NFL ticket is worhless to me as a Bills fan. If they are blacked out, I still cant get them. If not and every road game is on. So I will keep Center Ice (hopefully there will be a season) and pray the O's get in the playoffs. We have a huge 7 games vs them in Sept. Two series. One is 3 and one is 4. I forget which is home and which is road but I willl be in Florida. I will be on top of things as I am bringing my laptop.

At least you don't have to listen to (Yankees game radio announcer)Susan Walden. She's the female version of "The Frog"... It's Courageous Cat, meh, meh, Harry - and Minute Mouse, meh, meh, mmmeeeehhh...

I was reallly tempted this year especially since we have returned to respectability. But I pay for Center Ice and that is pretty much my allowance. Sunday NFL ticket is worhless to me as a Bills fan. If they are blacked out, I still cant get them. If not and every road game is on. So I will keep Center Ice (hopefully there will be a season) and pray the O's get in the playoffs. We have a huge 7 games vs them in Sept. Two series. One is 3 and one is 4. I forget which is home and which is road but I willl be in Florida. I will be on top of things as I am bringing my laptop.

I hear ya....out of all the packages, center ice is the one I cant live without. That was part of the deal I had with my wife, if we are moving down here, we must get the hockey package.....gotta have my NYR fix at least 82 times a year.

At least you don't have to listen to (Yankees game radio announcer)Susan Walden. She's the female version of "The Frog"... It's Courageous Cat, meh, meh, Harry - and Minute Mouse, meh, meh, mmmeeeehhh...

Yankees announcers suck, walden is the worst. I grew up a yankees fan listening to Phil Rizzuto, no one they have broadcasting now comes close.

[well, i hope they like the Tigers because we're sweeping]. ^_^

[fun RBI race between Cabrera and Hamilton tied at 96 going in to tonight]

Well ....i was going to say Holland was gonna get back on track tonight.....but before i could, he gives up the long ball to the lead off !

I hear ya....out of all the packages, center ice is the one I cant live without. That was part of the deal I had with my wife, if we are moving down here, we must get the hockey package.....gotta have my NYR fix at least 82 times a year.

I am with you. Center Ice gives you more for your money too. Its fabulous. As for tonight in basball I am so far having a very good night. I bet San Fran. Winner. Arizona, winning. Detroit. Winning. Tampa. Winning. Baltimore. Raining.

ebk, I HATE Michael Kay too! MUTE! MUTE! MUTE!

And speaking of the radio announcers, when Kaye was with John Sterling... oy. In the early days of internet listening, the Yankees were sometimes the only thing I could pick up. I loathe Sterling. And Kaye. Fortunately, I've managed to mostly avoid Suzyn Waldman (really - Suzyn? how pretentious :D )

i am really surprised that the yankees call guys are so bad.. same as the chicago white socks...

the Tigers Dan Dickerson/Jim Price are awesome on Detroit radio. during the playoffs last year i muted to TV so i could listen to them call the games.

And speaking of the radio announcers, when Kaye was with John Sterling... oy. In the early days of internet listening, the Yankees were sometimes the only thing I could pick up. I loathe Sterling. And Kaye. Fortunately, I've managed to mostly avoid Suzyn Waldman (really - Suzyn? how pretentious :D )

Uh oh, did I make a spelling mistake, now? I can't be subjected to those vicious "Spelling Police" - please, hide me!

Uh oh, did I make a spelling mistake, now? I can't be subjected to those vicious "Spelling Police" - please, hide me!

:lol:

With that spelling, I wonder how she remembers! (and I'll admit - I had to look it up. I remembered it was different, just didn't remember how different)

Archived