2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

What do your Angels think they are doing Strider? Trying to get back in the race?

Hahaha...they seem to be doing a good job of it, too! Only two back. Just hope we can get some help from the right teams...like Texas.

About time we got some help from the Rangers, zepscoda! Now if Texas can beat the Rays again on Sunday, that would be most helpful.

I'll tell you one thing: Whether or not the Angels make the playoffs, forget Pujols, as an Angel fan I am most looking forward to watching Mike Trout for the next 10 years. This kid can flat out play the game!!!

What the fuck are the Nationals doing?!? :blink::slapface:

Hahaha...they seem to be doing a good job of it, too! Only two back. Just hope we can get some help from the right teams...like Texas.

About time we got some help from the Rangers, zepscoda! Now if Texas can beat the Rays again on Sunday, that would be most helpful.

I'll tell you one thing: Whether or not the Angels make the playoffs, forget Pujols, as an Angel fan I am most looking forward to watching Mike Trout for the next 10 years. This kid can flat out play the game!!!

I can never manage to stay up for these late West coast games, but holy shit Trout sure can motor to 1st base ! It's like watching a young Pete Rose. The Tigers look they're playing in a constipated fog. We totally wasted another great outing by Sherzer. We haven't scored a run for Porcello the last 4 times he's been on the mound, and one run games are killing us. I hope you guys keep it up, because I'm tired of Texas.

This Strasburg thing is mind boggling. I have never seen the likes of it EVER. Well the White Sox do not seem to be going away nor my Birds. It seems Oakland is being overlooked by all of you. Shields may beat Texas today. I am cheering against them too but they are right there and we have them next. Now without Markakis. Fat ass fucking Sabathia.

I dont trust Oswalt, we'll be lucky if that pouty bastard will get past 5 innngs without giving up 6 runs.

Shields is 1-1 with a 3.46 ERA in two starts against the Rangers this season, both at Texas, and has a 3.13 mark in 10 career outings. That doesn't include two playoff starts, in which he allowed 11 runs in 9 1/3 innings.

I dont trust Oswalt, we'll be lucky if that pouty bastard will get past 5 innngs without giving up 6 runs.

Shields is 1-1 with a 3.46 ERA in two starts against the Rangers this season, both at Texas, and has a 3.13 mark in 10 career outings. That doesn't include two playoff starts, in which he allowed 11 runs in 9 1/3 innings.

I want the Rangers to win. But today, I doubt it. Shields and Tampa are tough. Right on our heels. I hope we spank the Yankees today. Britton is 5-1. Doable. I say we rock their pitching staff and if we lose it will only be because they outscore us. Go O's.

I can never manage to stay up for these late West coast games, but holy shit Trout sure can motor to 1st base ! It's like watching a young Pete Rose.

Except that Pete Rose couldn't make home-run robbing catches...Trout had another one last night!!!

Dammit zepscoda, that's not what I want to hear! Beat those bastard Rays!

I told you Shields would win. Now your Angels have to play a real team. No patsies. I hope the A's and Angels beat the daylights out of each other and nobody sweeps. We have to go to Tampa and the Yankees have Boston who have given up. Our staff should be rested come Tues. Tillman, Johnson, Gonzalez and Chen.

^^^

We just swept Oakland in Oakland...no reason we can't do it again. In case you haven't noticed, Angels are on a roll! Tampa and Oakland are winning just enough to stay ahead, while Baltimore and the Yankees keep switching places.

Angels need to keep sweeping...they are three games behind in the loss column to Oakland.

^^^

We just swept Oakland in Oakland...no reason we can't do it again. In case you haven't noticed, Angels are on a roll! Tampa and Oakland are winning just enough to stay ahead, while Baltimore and the Yankees keep switching places.

Angels need to keep sweeping...they are three games behind in the loss column to Oakland.

It sure helps when you do not have to play the Yankees, and Tampa every night like us. But Oakland will give you all you can handle I am sure. I am surprised by the collapse of the Tigers

PS. Strider. Angels? Forget about it!!!

^^^

Their pitching was horrendous last month. I just do not see them holding up against good teams. Lets see what Oakland does. It will probably be a 2-1 deal.

Tampa comes in tomorrow. Big series. We must win two. I want to shut up this local asshole that gives the Orioles no credit. We can still beat the Yankees for the division. They have the luxury of playing Boston next though. We get the Rays. Fuck. I think we must take care of Tampa and maybe just hope the A's get rid of the Angels? Detroit? They have their work cut out.

The Os should have taken care of business last weekend. NY and Baltimore each get to play the woeful RSox six times and TB gets them for four more games. Very interesting four weeks left in the AL East!

I was so disappointed leaving the ballpark yesterday...I wanted to go out in first place. Oh well, there's still time (I can't help laughing when I say that :D )

I totally understand your overdosing on sports talk radio. I did that a few years ago and had to force myself to listen to more news and/or music. Now the only sports radio I listen to with any regularity is baseball and Tony Kornheiser.

We're off to Minneapolis tomorrow for 2 games at Target Field. I'm looking forward to it - at least I was until I saw that the temperature is going to drop about 20 degrees starting Wednesday... :freezing:

I was so disappointed leaving the ballpark yesterday...I wanted to go out in first place. Oh well, there's still time (I can't help laughing when I say that :D )

I totally understand your overdosing on sports talk radio. I did that a few years ago and had to force myself to listen to more news and/or music. Now the only sports radio I listen to with any regularity is baseball and Tony Kornheiser.

We're off to Minneapolis tomorrow for 2 games at Target Field. I'm looking forward to it - at least I was until I saw that the temperature is going to drop about 20 degrees starting Wednesday... :freezing:

EBK, tell me why an Orioles fan like me would go to Minnesota to watch those clowns that are now the parent team of Rochester? I assume you have other business in Minnesota?

EBK, tell me why an Orioles fan like me would go to Minnesota to watch those clowns that are now the parent team of Rochester? I assume you have other business in Minnesota?

I have no business in Minneapolis. I like going to other ballparks and watching baseball. It's what I try to do for one of my vacations every year. We went to the Metrodome in 2001. Now it's back for Target Field. Minneapolis is a lovely city with great restaurants. And if you know me at all, you know the food is second only to the baseball :)

We only have a few ballparks left: Seattle, San Diego, St Louis, and Miami. We'll also go back to Kansas City because they've extensively renovated...and I looooove Arthur Bryants BBQ! And I think that's it - wow, we're almost done. I didn't realize we were that close...

I have no business in Minneapolis. I like going to other ballparks and watching baseball. It's what I try to do for one of my vacations every year. We went to the Metrodome in 2001. Now it's back for Target Field. Minneapolis is a lovely city with great restaurants. And if you know me at all, you know the food is second only to the baseball :)

We only have a few ballparks left: Seattle, San Diego, St Louis, and Miami. We'll also go back to Kansas City because they've extensively renovated...and I looooove Arthur Bryants BBQ! And I think that's it - wow, we're almost done. I didn't realize we were that close...

Wow. So you have been to almost every stadium. Now I get it. Never been to the Twin cities. Have fun.

I don't know if this will make any of the Orioles fans here on the board happy, but apparently the Yanks have lost Mark Teixeira for about 2 weeks because of a strained left calf. Apparently, he injured himself on that controversial play Saturday night when he slid safely into first base, but was called out.

I don't know if this will make any of the Orioles fans here on the board happy, but apparently the Yanks have lost Mark Teixeira for about 2 weeks because of a strained left calf. Apparently, he injured himself on that controversial play Saturday night when he slid safely into first base, but was called out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you slide/dive into first base, you deserve any injury you acquire. There's a reason you're allowed to run through...

And just to be clear, I'm not just saying that because it's Teixeira. I said the same thing about Brian Roberts when he did it.

Have fun ebk! I thought you loved the wine too! ;)

There is actually a little cool breeze even down here in Central Florida! Yah! :)

Hmmmm.....wine. I may have mentioned that a few times...and I may be having a few glasses while I'm there :D

Wow. So you have been to almost every stadium. Now I get it. Never been to the Twin cities. Have fun.

I’ve been there a few times but just for hockey games……..and its COLD up there in November……..hey ebk, I hear the walls at Target Field are made of lime stone, don’t know if it’s true, just something I thought was cool when I heard it.

Well Strider your Angels are sort of back in the race. I had it out with a local radio guy just now that tried to say the Angels are better than the O's and the A's are not. Gee, I wonder what the Angels record would be if they had to play the Yankees and Tampa as often as we do? I suspect not as good. And my money is on Baltimore finishing ahead of them nonetheless.

Archived