2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Well Strider your Angels are sort of back in the race. I had it out with a local radio guy just now that tried to say the Angels are better than the O's and the A's are not. Gee, I wonder what the Angels record would be if they had to play the Yankees and Tampa as often as we do? I suspect not as good. And my money is on Baltimore finishing ahead of them nonetheless.

Its getting tight in the west!

Well Strider your Angels are sort of back in the race. I had it out with a local radio guy just now that tried to say the Angels are better than the O's and the A's are not. Gee, I wonder what the Angels record would be if they had to play the Yankees and Tampa as often as we do? I suspect not as good. And my money is on Baltimore finishing ahead of them nonetheless.

If you're trying to suggest that the Angels couldn't hang in the AL East, let me clue you in buddy.

The Angels are the only team...that's right, ONLY...with a winning record versus the Yankees from 1996 to now. Oh, and we're 7-2 against Baltimore this year, so I think the Angels would manage fine in the East.

If you're trying to suggest that the Angels couldn't hang in the AL East, let me clue you in buddy.

The Angels are the only team...that's right, ONLY...with a winning record versus the Yankees from 1996 to now. Oh, and we're 7-2 against Baltimore this year, so I think the Angels would manage fine in the East.

Well Ill have to go look up that stat against us to confirm but you lost a tough game last night. Detroit is fading fast. I still like Baltimore and either Tampa or Oakland to get the wild cards if we dont beat the Yankees for the East.

Well Strider your boys have Texas twice and the White Sox once. KC and Seattle are never a walk in the park. But we have to play Tampa right now. Fun fun. This race is going to be a tough one for those two wild cards and the AL East also. The Yankees have clinched nothing. I would love nothing more than to see them go home and Oakland and the Angels get in if we win the division. But if the Yankees take advantage of a weak schedule, and I am quite sure they will, we may have to concentrate on whacking your Angels and either Oakland or Tampa. We have a West coast trip but the Angels are not part of it. You did beat us 7 of 9 much to my surprise. But you had that horrendous stretch in August that nearly cost you any shot. You probably cant afford to let the A's sweep you. Ill be in touch bro.

Glad somebody had good news. Angels suffered a heartbreaking loss...dealing a setback to their playoff chances.

Glad somebody had good news. Angels suffered a heartbreaking loss...dealing a setback to their playoff chances.

You have plenty of games left, but this kid you face tonight is hot. We can really do ourselves a favor by beating Tampa again tonight. Its now to the point where I want the division. Its there for the taking. But we are going to have to keep winning.

As far as the remaining schedule I would rate Oakland's the toughest for sure. The Yankees the easiest. We must try and pick up ground on them while they get the Rays next, but we go to Oakland. The Angels get Seattle 6 times and 3 vs Kansas Shitty. We have to keep it up. We are on the cover of every national website. These Orioles are miraculous

Winning the division would be the best thing for the O's. I wouldn't want to face Oakland in a one game playoff. That would scare the hell out of me...

We fought right back. Tampa gets a HR first man up. Orioles get 4 hits and get 2 runs. Machado leaves three ducks on the pond though. could have had more. We go to Oakland next series.

If you guys are staying near the Energy Center there is a half way decent pub across the street that serves a fine pint of Guinness!

Thanks for the suggestion. We're staying at the W (don't ask...). Had drinks before the game at Crave - really good happy hour stuff.

The game was dreck, but the stadium is charming. We got to sit in the club level tonight - it's quite fancy. Friday night we'll be downstairs. I'll post pictures after we get home.

Yay O's!!!!!

Archived