2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Bro,none taken,.....it was a birthday of a ballpark that was obsolete when Pearl Harbor was attacked.

The Rocket was in court.

Ted Williams is frozen,.......

I keep hearing from the baseball media how they hope Fenway lasts another one hundred years. They must not have had to sit in grandstand seats for three plus hour games........brutal.

Rocket ought to have known better I think.

Poor poor Ted, he deserved a lot better.

Darvish threw 82 of his 119 pitches (68.9 percent) for strikes, well above his 56.8 percent entering Tuesday's start.

* He started 21 of 33 hitters (63.6 percent) with a first-pitch strike. In his first three starts, he threw a first-pitch strike to less than 48 percent of all hitters.

* Thirteen of the 21 balls in play (61.9 percent) against Darvish were hit on the ground, compared with 42.1 percent in his first three starts. Twenty-two of Darvish's 25 outs were either grounders or strikeouts.

* Lefties entered Tuesday hitting .313 against Darvish. The six Yankees lefties in the lineup Tuesday were 4-for-21 with eight strikeouts against Darvish.

* Yankees lefties were 0-for-5 with four strikeouts in at-bats ending with Darvish's curveball.

* Yankees hitters were 1-for-12 with five strikeouts with men on base.

* The Yankees chased 25 Darvish pitches out of the strike zone;

post-841-0-06714800-1335397492.jpg

That was a tough loss game but if you notice the Yankees aren't just rolling over the O's like they have in past seasons.

Mark Reynolds is a disaster though and I'm not sure what they can do about it.

The Channel 9 sportschick said who are these guys and what have they done with the real Orioles?!? :D

Always more fun when they beat the Yankees!

Always more fun when they beat the Yankees!

Yeah, it's like Thanksgiving....an annual occurrence! ;)

The Yankees have needed to dig George up and make some major moves for some time now! I mean WHEN are they going to improve their pitching and get a younger line-up?

Hopefully some youth will arise from Columbus......

The Yankees have some big money long term contracts that they're stuck with. A-Roid and Texieria are both long term for enormous money. At least Jeter is earning his contract this year.

Wanker,I almost started a thread,....."What the F* is Strider? :D

KB

Back to baseball,....

I'm assuming you meant to write "Where" not "What"?

Angels actually have won 2 games in a row...break up the Angels! I had my doubts about the Angels signing Pujols to that big contract, but I had no idea it would be this bad. It's supposed to be tougher going from the AL to the NL, not the other way around.

Oh, and when the Red Sawx hired Bobby Valentine I said to all my baseball-loving friends that he'd be lucky to last the season. Bobby and Boston just isn't a good fit.

At least Jeter is earning his contract this year.

As he always does. I may hate the Yankees but I will always have the utmost respect for Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera for the way they play and have handled themselves throughout their careers. First ballot Hall of Famers all the way.

The Mets just got swept by the lowly Astros. I think I'm gonna cry...

:'(

What a disappointment they are those Mets. Houston may be better than many planned. How about those Orioles? I am excited for the first time in ages. Arrieta mowed them down. On to Boston. We should be able to score a ton of runs. Must hope our pitching stays hot. This is the team we have had troubel with for a long time now.

Orioles down Red Sox in 13 innings and improve to 17-9!! Any believers yet? I believe. Our pitching is better than its been in two decades and even though we have alot of errors, we are winning. Tampa is benefiting from a weak early schedule. they wont get to play Seattle every night.

Orioles down Red Sox in 13 innings and improve to 17-9!! Any believers yet? I believe. Our pitching is better than its been in two decades and even though we have alot of errors, we are winning. Tampa is benefiting from a weak early schedule. they wont get to play Seattle every night.

I'm certainly enjoying this season so far!! I'd love to be able to jump whole-heartedly into it like you are, but I just remember too many years when it all went south after starting out well... we'll see.

But it's really fun now :D

Glad to see you're back and feisty as ever. Rick!!

.....May 5th.....

I'm certainly enjoying this season so far!! I'd love to be able to jump whole-heartedly into it like you are, but I just remember too many years when it all went south after starting out well... we'll see.

But it's really fun now :D

Glad to see you're back and feisty as ever. Rick!!

Well I do not know what Walter means by his May 5th post below? Its the anniversary of me popping my wife the question. the Orioles are for real. I believe it. Go O's!!!!!! I am loving it.

Well I do not know what Walter means by his May 5th post below? Its the anniversary of me popping my wife the question. the Orioles are for real. I believe it. Go O's!!!!!! I am loving it.

What I mean is....it's only May 5th. The season is one month down and 5 months to go. Glad for your enthusiasm for your team, but a reality check is in order. If they are doing as well in mid-September, then I may be onboard with you. Until then, it's just about 17% through the marathon that is the MLB season. Good luck!

Archived