2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Hope they are able to get to Tampa, I heard they had an emergency landing in Jacksonville and are still there....

Shit. That is strange. They could make it by bus to Tampa by tonight. Of course they will be there. And there are other planes. Glad it went safely. So many flights every day. Sports teams fly more than the average person. Its second nature to them.

Congrats to all the O's fans. You've certainly waited long enough for it. Here's hoping you can beat out the Yankees for the Al East crown.

:thumbsup:

Boston's best pitcher goes tonight vs Sabathia who is not unbeatable. I only question their determination to play spoiler? I like our chances with Chen, even though they make us underdogs in Vegas again. Gonzalez tomorrow vs Shields will be a tough one. I almost feel we must sweep them to get a one game playoff for the division. But sweeping Tampa is a far taller order than sweeping Boston. I can only hope. I do not want to play a one off with Oakland. But if that happens I like our pitching better. I am wondering if we will get to extra innings one more time. We have a chance to tie the all time record for wins in extra innings. 17 straight by the 49 Indians and we have 16 in a row intact.

Congratulations ebk and LZF77 on your Orioles ending the long playoff drought!

It would be nice if Pittsburgh and Kansas City could join them. I'm tired of the same teams year after year.

I think KC is going to make alot of noise next year. They are getting better with their youth, some good players. Pittsburgh fell apart after a huge run earlier in the year. They clearly must spend more money to return to respectability. Do I feel sorry for them? Hell no. After they beat us in two world series after we had 3-1 leads. Roberto Clemente had he lived may have been one of the best players of all time.

'82 was Cal's Rookie season '83 was the last time O's made the WS. It is hard to believe that I was a freshman in college. Now it seems like yesterday.

They won the series in 83 4-1 over the Phillies. Mike Flanigan was one of our pitchers if memory serves me right and I was always under the impression we won the series in Ripken's rookie year. I also saw us beat the Reds in 71 4-1 and lose to the Mets in 69 when they had Seaver and Koosman.

Tired of all the Yankee hating around here lately. Good for you for making the playoffs. Now it's October and time to put up or shut up! I can't believe with how thin the Yankee pitching has been all year plus all of the various injuries and age of the team, that they are even in it at all. The Yanks are as gritty a team as anyone and haven't been given anything. The AL playoffs are gonna be very tough this year, not to take anything away from the NL.

The season really begins this week!

Archived