2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Pablo Sandoval, unbelievable...

Bongman just switched from beer to whiskey and the channel to Big Whiskey (Unforgiven with Clint is on and he is about to tear up the fuckin town). Damn, if they can hit Verlander like this the Tigers offense must erupt in game two.

Pablo Sandoval, unbelievable...

Indeed...

And for the record, I'm leaning Giants (my "other" sister lives in SF and she'd be thrilled). But I'd be just as happy if the Tigers win.

Who wishes MLB would go back to the every other year format for homefield advantage? The screwed up way the leagues have different rules does not work for giving it to the team with the best record either.

True, it is not nearly as much fun watching playoffs when your favorite team is not playing, but it's certainly a lot less stressful.

Raising my hand!!!

I loved the alternating homefield... but they never ask me.

Well, what an anticlimatic start that was to the World Series. Hope Game 2 is better.

It was not much of a contest, but still entertaining to me. I would like to see the Tigers win it all, but it was fun watching Sandoval, Scutaro, Zito and Lincecum.

You won't find any predictions from me about this series. We have no closer, the DH rule screws up our lineup on the road, and the Giants play small ball quite successfully. Delmon Young is a defensive liability....no way around it. This is going seven games. I do like that the Tigers got Velverde in the game....now sit his ass down for the rest of the series.

You won't find any predictions from me about this series. We have no closer, the DH rule screws up our lineup on the road, and the Giants play small ball quite successfully. Delmon Young is a defensive liability....no way around it. This is going seven games. I do like that the Tigers got Velverde in the game....now sit his ass down for the rest of the series.

Have you had your first drink yet? Ha. Dont worry Bonger, they will rebound. That is the way the Giants have been, up and down. I think the layoff may have hurt a bit. I expect Detroit to come out swingiing

You know the one thing that nobody talks about is the pitchers having to bat? Bonger, do you know how much time the Tigers spent getting their pitcherrs ready to hit? This can be a tremendous advantage for the National league and meaningless when they go to the American league city. Who is the best hitter on your roster? Do any of them have National league experience?

Mets fan here rooting for the Giants in the Series. Hubby & I were in SF (beautiful city) a few months ago & saw a game at AT&T Park- the game where the Giants took first place from the Dodgers and never looked back! ( I must have brought them luck LOL)

Go Giants!

^_^

Archived