2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Sheesh, did I say Tigers in 6? :slapface:

Good news is that with the 2-3-2 format, it's still doable for Detroit, if they can sweep their home games. But man, Paul, somebody needs to wake these Tigers UP! Their focus is atrocious...too many base-running mistakes.

I certainly did not foresee Verlander getting rocked like he did in Game 1...TWO HRs?!? Unthinkable.

Sheesh, did I say Tigers in 6? :slapface:

Good news is that with the 2-3-2 format, it's still doable for Detroit, if they can sweep their home games. But man, Paul, somebody needs to wake these Tigers UP! Their focus is atrocious...too many base-running mistakes.

I certainly did not foresee Verlander getting rocked like he did in Game 1...TWO HRs?!? Unthinkable.

Anyone that sees Fielder has to know he isnt going to have enough speed to score on that play. They could have had a tea party in left field and thrown his fat ass out. Detroit should come out big in game three. I believe they will.

I think I felt a tremor all the way to Detroit when Prince dove for that foul ball. That had to show up on the richter scale. The first game wasn't a problem. Verlander gets knocked around occasionally. It's easy to tell when he's out of rythym. I actually laughed when they showed him on the mound going, "WOW !" after the 2nd homer. That was classic. Last night hurt though. We wasted a great pitching performance, and two hits against Bumgart is inexcusable. We helped the guy out almost every at bat. But tomorrow's another day and it's going to be cold as hell at game time.

Saw a game in SanFran once.....actually quite odd and memorable. 1991 I believe...Trevor Wilson on the mound for the Giants. Dude pitched a 4-0 shutout, and all the runs came on his grand-slam homer. Lol...I bet he remembers it too !

There are plenty of examples in baseball history of teams coming back from 0-2 deficits to win a series. In fact, Detroit can just look at the example of the team in the opposite dugout...the San Francisco Giants wouldn't even be in this World Series if they hadn't overcome 0-2 holes in both of their previous playoff rounds.

The Tigers just need to wake up their bats...I don't know, call a witch-doctor, sacrifice a chicken...something. Their bullpen is a mess, so it would behoove Detroit that their starters be able to last until the late innings. Justin V needs to pitch like theACE he is...I can't believe he has lost all his WS starts.

Best thing Detroit has going for them is three games at home...a chance for some momentum. Giants have won 5 in a row...they're due to lose sometime.

Even though I'm a Calif girl and should be rooting for the Giants I hope that the Detroit can come back and win the series. They were my step-dads team and almost made it before he passed away in 06. Rooting for the Tigers in his memory.

Ryan Vogelsong vs. Anibal Sanchez tonight. Should be a good pitching matchup. Detroit bats have to wake up tonight & you can't run into outs like they did in game 2. It's supposed to be cold in Detroit tonight, don't know how much of a factor that will be. Can't wait for first pitch.

There are plenty of examples in baseball history of teams coming back from 0-2 deficits to win a series. In fact, Detroit can just look at the example of the team in the opposite dugout...the San Francisco Giants wouldn't even be in this World Series if they hadn't overcome 0-2 holes in both of their previous playoff rounds.

The Tigers just need to wake up their bats...I don't know, call a witch-doctor, sacrifice a chicken...something. Their bullpen is a mess, so it would behoove Detroit that their starters be able to last until the late innings. Justin V needs to pitch like theACE he is...I can't believe he has lost all his WS starts.

Best thing Detroit has going for them is three games at home...a chance for some momentum. Giants have won 5 in a row...they're due to lose sometime.

Absolutely. No way is this over. But we know Detroit must win game three or it becomes a historical event of a comeback then. My Orioles blew 3-1 lead vs the Pirates back in the day. I still remember them singing that jive ass bullshit song "We are family". Fuckers

I still don't understand why we can't have games that start earlier like 6 or 7 o' clock. If the Super Bowl can start at 6, why not the World Series? Oh well, what do I know...

I'm sure it's about the $$. This is just a guess, I think the NFL and Superbowl is so popular that it could be televised at just about any hour and the ratings would still be through the roof. As you know, even people who are not football fans have parties, some watch for the commercials, betting etc.

The baseball execs have to try harder, so I guess they try to put the games on as close to primetime as possible for everyone in the US.

Archived