2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Some local sports asshole radio guy just has it in for the Orioles. Does not thiink they are very good and were luckey to win all those extra inning games. I told him they wont have to this year because Miguel Gonzalez will win twenty and the pitching staff is good. The team is good and even though Reynolds is gone they have Machado. I wonder how good Bundy will be?

:console:

That and the kissing one are the cutest emoticons. Oops, sorry this is a sports thread, how girly of me ;-) Thank you.

You try and raise them right, and look what they end up doing... so sad...

Seeing how much you know about baseball, I probably don't need to tell you that Youkilis was indeed baseball-raised in the RSox system.

I should be used to Sox players going to that team a few hundred miles south, but this one hurts.

That and the kissing one are the cutest emoticons. Oops, sorry this is a sports thread, how girly of me ;-) Thank you.

Seeing how much you know about baseball, I probably don't need to tell you that Youkilis was indeed baseball-raised in the RSox system.

I should be used to Sox players going to that team a few hundred miles south, but this one hurts.

Worry not EBK. Our Orioles will win the East and Miguel will win 20 for us.

Hmmm, Pujols and Hamilton plus Trout in the same lineup, should be formidable. There's no excuse for the Angels not to be a playoff team next year.

Don't forget Trumbo, too.

Damn, Arte's spending money like crazy! Still hated to see Hunter leave but this takes a little sting out of Torii's absence. Money might have been better spent shoring up the pitching, though.

Pujols should be a calming influence on Hamilton's demons, at least.

I wasn't aware until the other day that Magic Johnson was a part owner (2 percent I believe) of the Dodgers and is a big baseball fan. He was talking about the Lakers. I think the Dodgers will be good and I had picked them to win the west even before they made all these moves. But the Giants will give them a fight to the finish I am sure

I just ordered my Baltimore Oriole's jersey. I got Weiters because I am less afraid of him being traded. Like I made the mistake of buying Trent Edwards jersey. I won't get it in time for Xmas. Ill get it between Jan 1-10. Just in case any of you are going to buy from MLB.com Free shipping and a 25% discount. Not bad. Of course I bought the replica and that is $99. So I got it for $75. I got the road grey that I always liked. I wanted Brooks Robinson but they want $274. Maybe one or these days if I have a real good week at the windows. ha.

Thanks for bumping my post Bonger. Just kidding. We never know when we are posting at the same time. I had just posted about MLB and their jerseys and I bought Wieters. Your boys are in for a dogfight with I believe the Kansas city Royals. They were already an improving team and getting Shields is going to help. I just dont like how the Tigers tanked in the Series. i am picking KC to win that one.

I wasn't aware until the other day that Magic Johnson was a part owner (2 percent I believe) of the Dodgers and is a big baseball fan. He was talking about the Lakers. I think the Dodgers will be good and I had picked them to win the west even before they made all these moves. But the Giants will give them a fight to the finish I am sure

I'm surprised you didn't know as it was all over the news earlier this year. Magic had to sell his share of the Lakers, though, before he could be part of the Dodgers ownership group.

Angels-Dodgers is beginning to feel like Red Sox- Yankees with all this off-season fireworks. I'm gonna hold off getting a Josh Hamilton Jersey though. But I definitely need a Mike Trout one...home and away!

I'm surprised you didn't know as it was all over the news earlier this year. Magic had to sell his share of the Lakers, though, before he could be part of the Dodgers ownership group.

Angels-Dodgers is beginning to feel like Red Sox- Yankees with all this off-season fireworks. I'm gonna hold off getting a Josh Hamilton Jersey though. But I definitely need a Mike Trout one...home and away!

No Strider I did not know. I just bought my Wieters jersey. I wont get it before Xmas though. The Dodgers and Angels will be the favorites to get to the Series IMO. But that means nothing. I like the Dodgers chances in the West.

Well, the R.A. Dickey trade to the Blue Jays is almost a done deal, giving Mets fans like myself one less reason to watch them next year. A rotation consisting of a past-his-prime Johan Santana and a bunch of no-names means the Mets will be fighting with the Marlins for last place in the division.

:thumbdown:

I hope Buck is teaching my birds how to hit the damn knuckleball. He shut us down big time when we faced him once. Its a nightmare of a pitch to hit. Have you ever tried to hit a knuckleball? It doesnt move. Its a dad ball. You have to kill him with singles. Just tell your team to be patient and single his ass to death. You are not going to hit many homers on a knuckler. Wilbur Wood was the last of the great knuckleball pitchers I can remember. White Sox, 70's. So Toronto is going to be in the race it appears. i know a Yankee fan that is saying words I never heard from his mouth. We are in trouble. He expects the O's to win the East and the Yankees to finish 3rd or 4th. I dont buy that but Baltimore I expect to win. We have a good team and now Bundy is coming up. I hope he does well. Ill get my Matt Wieters jersey between Jan 1st and 10th. I cant believe MLB is far behind in their shipping. So much for wearing it on Xmas day. Now I need Brooks Robinson's road jersey and Ill be all set. Or Dave McNally.

Dont know how my post wound up inside Mr Caruthers?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21424903/bookmaker-makes-blue-jays-the-world-series-favorite

Get a load of this crap. Toronto now the favorite by some books to win the Series!!! Are you kidding me?And how can Boston be 25-1 and the Orioles 40-1!!! I guarantee you we will beat Boston